• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Worst Flight Meal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Your Worst Flight Meal

    What is your worst flight meal experience. Was it anything like these.

    Via Paul Johnson / airlinemeals.net





    It's quite amazing really, when you realise just how relentlessly terrible airline food has remained over the years. Those little plastic pots and the way that no matter what it is, every meal seems to smell of warm egg.






















    [FONT=Roboto, Tahoma, Arial, sans-s

    Our worst meal was on Thomas Cook flying out to Barbados. Some thing like No 2 picture.



    Last edited by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster; 9th February 2015, 05:29 PM.

    #2
    I have had worse than that.

    I think it was 2005 and a Turkish charter airline used to visit Northern Cyprus.

    It was lukewarm omelette with no alternative and guess who is allergic to egg ??

    Annie

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
      I have had worse than that.

      I think it was 2005 and a Turkish charter airline used to visit Northern Cyprus.

      It was lukewarm omelette with no alternative and guess who is allergic to egg ??

      Annie

      After looking at those pictures, I think I'd have preferred the lukewarm omelette but then I'm not allergic to eggs..............HT

      Comment


        #4
        What can you drink that is bright green?

        Comment


          #5
          I like the EasyJet image:

          See my cruise blog: HERE

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Max, Warwickshire View Post
            What can you drink that is bright green?
            Barr's Limeade

            Annie

            Comment


              #7
              I've had problems in the past when I've requested a vegetarian meal, but the TA hasn't passed the message on.

              Most meals have been edible, and not as bad as those shown.
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

              2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

              2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

              Comment


                #8
                I'm quite strange, I love plane food, I just like all the different packets, I can usually eat the roll and cheese and crackers, and then pick at the rest of it!
                My son on the other hand can't even stand the smell of it, but at least now he can travel without using the sick bag for the whole flight!
                .................................................. .................................................. ....Carol

                Comment


                  #9
                  What can you drink that is bright green?

                  Gatorade ... tastes like something you'd wash the car with, but not as appealing


                  The very worst we've had was on Delta, Atlanta to Heathrow. Grey beans, grey meat, grey mash, all overcooked to the nth degree and lukewarm, served with grey bread and grey tea. (Did I mention it was grey??)

                  For balance, the best was (surpisingly) KLM, Bangkok to Heathrow. Okay it's airline food so certain allowances are necessary, but they've really raised their game over the last few years and managed a well presented and very tasty curry with lots of trimmings, followed by beautifully ripe fruit for dessert, quality chocolate, decent wine and excellent coffee

                  Cheers,
                  Lynn

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I remember as a child eating green grapes on a plane. Problem is they weren't grapes they were olives and I've never eaten an olive since yuk

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Paid for premium seats on a P&O charter to Barbados last year expecting a decent meal and had the worst chicken and rice dish that was served on the whole plane. For tea it was a cheese and pickle sandwich - I hate cheese . I complained as the menu given out was a waste of time as they didn't have those items put on board ! Never again on a Thomas Cook plane!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mitchell Derby, Derby View Post
                        What can you drink that is bright green?

                        Gatorade ... tastes like something you'd wash the car with, but not as appealing


                        The very worst we've had was on Delta, Atlanta to Heathrow. Grey beans, grey meat, grey mash, all overcooked to the nth degree and lukewarm, served with grey bread and grey tea. (Did I mention it was grey??)

                        For balance, the best was (surpisingly) KLM, Bangkok to Heathrow. Okay it's airline food so certain allowances are necessary, but they've really raised their game over the last few years and managed a well presented and very tasty curry with lots of trimmings, followed by beautifully ripe fruit for dessert, quality chocolate, decent wine and excellent coffee

                        Cheers,
                        Lynn

                        Most food on US airlines seems to be bad. I would agree that KLM has improved and is quite palatable now. Generally I forget the details of airline meals as soon as I get off the plane, but we are going on Emirates next month and I have heard good things about their flights, so am quite hopeful. They also have a 30Kg weight allowance in economy class which will help on a five week trip.

                        Sheila

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Retired, Sheffield View Post
                          Paid for premium seats on a P&O charter to Barbados last year expecting a decent meal and had the worst chicken and rice dish that was served on the whole plane. For tea it was a cheese and pickle sandwich - I hate cheese . I complained as the menu given out was a waste of time as they didn't have those items put on board ! Never again on a Thomas Cook plane!
                          Just flown with BA where dinner was shepherds pie where the mince was more like bolognese sauce but actually tasted nice, salad and dressing again nice and a roll and butter. Dessert was yummy cheesecake all served with any drink you wanted including wine and spirits if wanted. Breakfast was a croissant with butter and jam, granola bar and bag of dried cranberries again choice of drinks. Thought it was all very good and the last time I flew about 5 years ago the food was inedible so a great improvement.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            .
                            Mountain Dew is also green but actually is quite drinkable.

                            Our worst meal if you can call it a meal was when we flew Air France from Manchester to Rome. All we were given was a digestive biscuit. Not even a chocolate one at that.

                            Cheers OSD
                            Our cruising days are over now.................

                            Comment


                              #15
                              In the early 80's, I remember waiting at M/cr Airport all night trying to board a plane going to Rhodes. Our flight had been due to leave at 11:30 that night but had developed engine problems which they had been unable to fix. They told us that we had to wait in the terminal for another plane to fly in at 6:30 am so that we could use that one instead. When we finally took off they served us breakfast. In our bleary eyed state, we realised that they had transferred the meals over from our broken plane. So for breakfast we were served last nights dinner of beef goulash!



                              Last year, our overnight flight home from Barbados was interrupted mid Atlantic due to a medical emergency and we had to land on a military airport in the Azores. Once the sick passenger had been transferred to the ambulance, our pilot told us that re-routing for this incident, together with refueling delays would put the flight crew over their working hours. Therefore we would all remain on Terceira for 12 hours to rest before resuming our flight home. Memories of sleeping in an airport terminal in the 80's came flooding back to me. Thank Goodness times have changed! Thomson found hotels for all of us and we had free meals with drinks throughout the day. Then we re-boarded our plane to continue our journey home to Gatwick.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X