• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in Return of Quiz Night??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone interested in Return of Quiz Night??

    Many moons ago, for those of us not going out Friday or Saturday night, we used to have quiz night.

    Twenty random questions, lighthearted [very] banter, amusing and good fun. We logged on at around 8pm and it lasted for about two hours...or three if the banter really got going.

    Wilba used to moan his chips got cold, Shelledpea and History Addict could be guaranteed to be pretty on the ball as could Wilba if he managed to eat his chips before they got cold.

    Now strangely enough, I will be the saddo who will not be going out Fridays or Saturdays or the rest of the week for that matter for the foreseeable future. I'm kind of guessing '' a couple'' of other forum members will be in the same boat.

    Anyone up for the return of QUIZ NIGHT? Friday, Saturday? Thursday?...not Sunday as it's Good Karma Hospital and Belgravia!

    I'm happy to be the quiz leader and set the questions for a couple of rounds.

    Stick your name down on this thread and preferred night, if you are happy to give it a whirl.

    Mrs M xx

    #2
    Well done Mrs M. Count me in on any night because none of us can do our usual can we?
    Jill

    Comment


      #3
      Count me in, any night - not going anywhere! Jen

      Comment


        #4
        Count me in, unless the phone rings!
        2018-
        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

        2019 -
        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

        2020 -
        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
        Magellan - Panama Canal

        Comment


          #5
          I was just thinking about the quizzes we used to do, it was a great way to spend a couple of hours.

          I usually managed to get one right!!

          Just to get my excuses in early, my lap top is getting on a bit. The keys keep sticking and it doesn't re-fresh to quickly, but I'm always up for a bit of banter ...................................Carol

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
            I was just thinking about the quizzes we used to do, it was a great way to spend a couple of hours.

            I usually managed to get one right!!

            Just to get my excuses in early, my lap top is getting on a bit. The keys keep sticking and it doesn't re-fresh to quickly, but I'm always up for a bit of banter ...................................Carol
            Always good to get letters in from your mum early!

            I have a problem too.
            My new dinky computer has tantrums on Chrome and Firefox when I try and access the CD site. I can log in when the site can be “found”, but can’t post.
            I can do both on Microsoft Edge, but it throws me out occasionally and I have to reload.

            Let's hear it for iPad. Slow but sure!

            Anyone recommend another search engine for my laptop?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

              Always good to get letters in from your mum early!

              I have a problem too.
              My new dinky computer has tantrums on Chrome and Firefox when I try and access the CD site. I can log in when the site can be “found”, but can’t post.
              I can do both on Microsoft Edge, but it throws me out occasionally and I have to reload.

              Let's hear it for iPad. Slow but sure!

              Anyone recommend another search engine for my laptop?
              Safari?

              Bill
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/okwd9apbxzcvxmq/maid%20of%20the%20loch.jpg?dl=0

              Lawnmowerman

              Comment


                #8
                Hi Mrs M
                Leave me out Saturday and Sunday night I'm up the club.
                JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                  Hi Mrs M
                  Leave me out Saturday and Sunday night I'm up the club.
                  JC
                  On your own JC? Just use a telephone box .

                  Bill
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/okwd9apbxzcvxmq/maid%20of%20the%20loch.jpg?dl=0

                  Lawnmowerman

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

                    Safari?

                    Bill
                    Thanks,will try.
                    Do I just download it?
                    I have the others on this one as my computer guru just did a direct transfer of stuff from my knackered computer. For an idiot like moi, no change is a good change.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi Mrs M
                      Leave me out Saturday and Sunday night I'm up the club.
                      JC
                      Guess it’s more age appropriate than up the duff!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

                        Thanks,will try.
                        Do I just download it?
                        I have the others on this one as my computer guru just did a direct transfer of stuff from my knackered computer. For an idiot like moi, no change is a good change.
                        Think so - it is pre-loaded on all Apple products (should be on your iPad).

                        Bill
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/okwd9apbxzcvxmq/maid%20of%20the%20loch.jpg?dl=0

                        Lawnmowerman

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

                          Guess it’s more age appropriate than up the duff!
                          Cheeky!!
                          My daughters bought me a fridge magnet on my 70th....
                          "Still chasing women,,,but only downhill".

                          Ps,,,change the font size on that new IPad,,,sometimes I need a magnifying glass to read your post.
                          Yes,I know,my eyes are failing too.

                          JC

                          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

                            Think so - it is pre-loaded on all Apple products (should be on your iPad).

                            Bill
                            Hi Bill
                            Yes,I have an Apple iPad mini and Safari was pre-loaded.
                            JC
                            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I'll try to join in if I'm not watching one of the numerous live gigs I've been enjoying on line.

                              off topic but ....Regarding online gigs, if anyone has seen Joe Stilgoe on a cruise (he does the big band sailings) he does a daily 1pm gig from his shed viewable in YouTube . We saw him in QE and really like his style
                              BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X