• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Chilled and Relaxed'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Chilled and Relaxed'

Hi everyone,

Just got back from my first ever cruise on Arcadia to the Baltics, and have to say i have never had such a relaxing holiday, everything from start to finnish was just perfect the ship was beautiful, the port of call were interesting, the food was fantastic, the staff were friendly and attentive, the company was great and i'm a bit aprehensive about booking another one, i just can't see how any thing else would live up to it.

It was our 30th wedding anniversary and we will always remember it, what a very special holiday it was ..........carol

That's great to hear. Nothing better than a completely relaxing holiday.

Comment

See! What were all the worries for? I know its daunting sometimes, but so glad you had the most fabulous time. When you come down to earth in a few days (Stay up there for a while longer) Rush round to your local TA. and pick up some more brochures. Carol :D:D:D
      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

So glad you had a wonderful cruise Carol, you are addicted now get around to the TA and start planning for your next cruise. Marie
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
          ..the company was great and i'm a bit aprehensive about booking another one, i just can't see how any thing else would live up to it.
          I would book a different ship/cruise line/itinerary as it would not be possible to recapture the experience.

Have you tried Cunard or Celebrity?
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Took me awhile..

I remember it took me a few weeks very well (nearly a month)
            to come down to earth, after my first cruise!

To use Surfie parlance, I was stoked!

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Carol so glad you had an amazing first cruise. I was in cloud 9 for weeks after mine but don't do what I did and wait another 4years to go on your next cruise! I just think of those wasted years of not cruising. just go and book up soon and then you have all that excitment and anticipation to look foward to. :D but remember research, research, research. :D
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Carol I bet you have now become a cruise addict...welcome to the club. We took my aunty and uncle on our last one in March and aunty didn't really think she would like it or ever do another. She has already booked it!! It is the only way to travel
                Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Aplmac, Barbados View Post
                  I remember it took me a few weeks very well (nearly a month)
                  to come down to earth, after my first cruise!

To use Surfie parlance, I was stoked!

Hey I get that feeling when I bid and make a grand slam when vulnerable !

Not as good as cruising though !

Comment

Your first cruise will always be the one you remember the most. Mine was in 1967 as a very young girl and I can still remember walking up the gangway and setting foot on the ship. Each ship will bring a different experience, book another one and enjoy all the planning and anticipation, its all part of the enjoyment.

Comment

Have just got back from our first cruise (Norway on Braemar) which we loved and have already got loads of brochures although I'm sure we can't afford to go again for a while.

I'm also not sure whether to go for more of the same & try another Fred (so friendly!) change slightly & try P&O, up a little more & try Princess or do something completely different and go for Celebrity. I spent a while chatting to the girl at the TA and she thought Celebrity may suit us. Much as we loved the Braemar, we were a lot younger than most (early 50s) and both run our own businesses so we didn't have that much in common with the other passengers. Would Celebrity suit us? The ships seem so massive.

Comment

Glad you had a fab time. Don't waste time-research your next one! In my experience, Oriana beat Arcadia, but do try different ships & most importantly, different itineraries! Enjoy the addiction like the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by zennor, UK View Post
                          Would Celebrity suit us? The ships seem so massive.
                          I thought so too. I've always chosen small ships but the chance to attend the naming ceremony of Eclipse was a once in a life time. I am so glad we experienced this beautiful ship. She has the feel of a smaller ship, with small, intimate bars and lounges, but with the advantages of a bigger ship. The crew were as friendly as on a small ship, our cabin steward - sorry, stateroom attendant - introduced himself and always said "hello" with a smile when we met in the corridor. I was totally smitten and can't wait to go again. Judith

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                            Hi everyone,

It was our 30th wedding anniversary and we will always remember it, what a very special holiday it was ..........carol
                            Hi Carol

We took our first cruise on Arcadia to celebrate our 40th and it was supposed to be a one off, once in a lifetime experience. 4 years and 7 cruises later we are, like so many others, now dedicated cruisers. We are back on Arcadia in August for the Fjords, but have also experienced Cunard and recently Celebrity Eclipse. To all the others who have queried Celebrity on this thread - she is absolutely lovely and at least 2 levels above P & O, who will have to now look to their laurels as I think they could lose a lot of business to this wonderful new ship. Happy cruising everyone, Jane

Comment

your first ship and cruise will always be your favorite but you will enjoy all the next ones as well.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X