• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Adult Only Ship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Adult Only Ship

I see that the latest ship to Tui/Marella/Thomson is to be adult only.
    Far from dying out, as I once saw predicted, the adult only cruise lines seem to be growing.
    At one time I could have said 3 P&O, 1 or 2 C&M, Saga and the occasional Fred O and Thomson cruise.
    But now, with the addition of Virgin, which will be for 18+, there seems to be quite a lot around- I think C&M are up to 5 ships now?
    Have I missed any?
    Jo.

Do you not think it is a direct result of the increasing popularity of family cruises. Go back 20 years and there was little need for adult only ships because cruising was essentially an adult domain. Interestingly C&M are introducing a few "family" cruises so that gran and grandad can take the grandchildren away in the Summer holidays. I have no idea how they cater for the kids but I doubt we will be seeing a flowrider on Marco Polo any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
      Far from dying out, as I once saw predicted, the adult only cruise lines seem to be growing.
      Jo, I suppose adults-only is the 'antidote' the numerous floating resorts being built each year carrying some 5,000+ passengers.

There are now many ocean ships with both options on offer, which is nice.

Don't forget River Cruising is also another adults only option.
      Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 24th March 2018, 10:08 AM.
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X