• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Every one

2018 is fast approaching, have you got all your cruises booked for next year? Or are you going to see if you can bag a deal? Or are you going to give cruising a miss altogether? .................................................. ...Carol

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
    Hi Every one

2018 is fast approaching, have you got all your cruises booked for next year? Or are you going to see if you can bag a deal? Or are you going to give cruising a miss altogether? .................................................. ...Carol
    Hi Carol, I have not booked any cruises for 2018, or any other holidays, as yet. I had a hip replacement last week and I shall have to wait until I have fully recovered. At the moment I’m hobbling around indoors on crutches, feeling just a bit sorry for myself. I shall start looking for that bargain cruise as soon as I feel a lot better.

What do you have planned for 2018? Best wishes for the New Year - Jan

Comment

One cruise booked so far 3 days in September on the Ventura to celebrate our grand daughters 21st 12 members of the family going so far. Tenerife booked for a month in February which we do every year. As far as cruises we thought we would wait for the January sales to check out the deals for the Greek Islands and Dubai. One cruise that looks a good option is on the Ventura 17 days Greek Islands which follows the 3 day cruise we have already booked on her for September but we will wait and see .

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
        Hi Carol, I have not booked any cruises for 2018, or any other holidays, as yet. I had a hip replacement last week and I shall have to wait until I have fully recovered. At the moment I’m hobbling around indoors on crutches, feeling just a bit sorry for myself. I shall start looking for that bargain cruise as soon as I feel a lot better.

Oh bless you, take your time and don't rush it. It's one of my favourite things, looking for holidays I've only 2 mini cruises booked for next year and a few other odd weekends. We want to try and catch up with friends and family that have moved away, so am not planning on booking any long holidays.

Hope you're soon back on your feet and I wish you all the very best for 2018 .............................................Carol x

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
          One cruise booked so far 3 days in September on the Ventura to celebrate our grand daughters 21st 12 members of the family going so far. Tenerife booked for a month in February which we do every year. As far as cruises we thought we would wait for the January sales to check out the deals for the Greek Islands and Dubai. One cruise that looks a good option is on the Ventura 17 days Greek Islands which follows the 3 day cruise we have already booked on her for September but we will wait and see .
          We're doing Ventura in Feb, for my OH's 60th and taking family members with us. I've not travelled with children before, so am looking forward to seeing it from their point of view .................................................. ......................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

A friend of mine had same problem hips, many years ago he got the name TINY he was so big he was working a train and he got stuck in the door and they had to cancel the train. Many years later and a LOT lighter he had to retire had the operation on his hips now goes to the gym once a week and never been fitter he prances about like a 21 yr. old so good luck and bet you'll be doing a marathon around Sept.

Comment

I've got my first ever girls trip away. I've booked with a friend to try Princess cruises for the first time. We are going on Sapphire from Southampton in October for 3 nights.

Im also watching a couple of Cunard mini breaks as I've got my compensation from our Qm2 cruise to spend. Really fancy visiting Hamburg so watching a few options.

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
                I've got my first ever girls trip away. I've booked with a friend to try Princess cruises for the first time. We are going on Sapphire from Southampton in October for 3 nights.

Im also watching a couple of Cunard mini breaks as I've got my compensation from our Qm2 cruise to spend. Really fancy visiting Hamburg so watching a few options.
                Ooh I think I might be on that one is that the 6th? .................................................. Carol

Comment

Rio to Cape Town in three weeks. Barbados to Lisbon in April. Kobe to Vancouver in May. Possibly LA to Auckland in October, but that isn't booked yet. With my medical history we don't leave things until next year. Judith

Comment

We have got more than usual booked for 2018. Jus started thinking what to pack for our 2 week Caribbean cruise coming soon. Then nothing else until May when we are sailing on the Newly refurbished Independence of the seas with two of our grandchildren. Then in June we are sailing out of Barcelona on the new MSC ship in the Yacht Club. We will be having a week or two somewhere in Europe, maybe back to Croatia. Then in October we are going to a wedding in Greece. We will also be having a golf/spa break in the UK so lots to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                      Rio to Cape Town in three weeks. Barbados to Lisbon in April. Kobe to Vancouver in May. Possibly LA to Auckland in October, but that isn't booked yet. With my medical history we don't leave things until next year. Judith
                      Wow Judith, good for you, they all sound amazing .................................................. ............Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                        We have got more than usual booked for 2018. Jus started thinking what to pack for our 2 week Caribbean cruise coming soon. Then nothing else until May when we are sailing on the Newly refurbished Independence of the seas with two of our grandchildren. Then in June we are sailing out of Barcelona on the new MSC ship in the Yacht Club. We will be having a week or two somewhere in Europe, maybe back to Croatia. Then in October we are going to a wedding in Greece. We will also be having a golf/spa break in the UK so lots to look forward to.
                        Fantastic. I really fancy giving Independence a go, the re-fit she's having sounds great ..............................................Caro l

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                          Those are great itineraries Judith. We enjoyed Vancouver to Yokohama last year, our first Transpacific. All we have booked this year is a Transatlantic in the spring, but we will have our eyes open for interesting cruise bargains for the autumn.

Comment

Nothing booked yet Carol - will it be an ocean cruise, will it be a river cruise, will it be a land based holiday?

Watch this space!
                            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Yes a week booked for April on Azura, and a week booked for October on Ventura both with the Granddaughter, hopefully My OH and I will be able to book around Britain cruise in between these dates if his health holds up, but that will have to be a last minute one.CG
                              sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X