• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise drinkers: Which nationality drinks the most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise drinkers: Which nationality drinks the most?

Hi All

As I posted Princess cruises has increased the cost of its beverage package. They have also limited the amount of alcoholic beverages that can be ordered under the package within a 24 hour period to 15.

As a consequence Aussie cruisers are discussing cancelling cruises as this cap is unfair in a humid climate. Royal Caribbean group has no such cap.

Would you change cruise lines because of such a cap?

Just curious.

Also curious which nationality do you think drinks the most.

Annie

There are alternatives as the cap only applies to alcoholic drink,
    15 is no where near enough on a good sea day when you use beer/cider like a soft drink.

Comment

Would have thought 15 alcoholic drinks a day was plenty. I like a few drinks on a cruise but couldn't get near 15. At a guess, would say the Aussies are the biggest drinkers, closely followed by the Brits.

Comment

Scousers..a grands worth in 2 weeks???
        I take my hat off to you sir..
        Regards
        Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
          Would have thought 15 alcoholic drinks a day was plenty. I like a few drinks on a cruise but couldn't get near 15. At a guess, would say the Aussies are the biggest drinkers, closely followed by the Brits.
          I am with you 15 is more than enough so it looks like we have been subsidising others

The Aussies think it's unfair in a humid climate . They'd think up any excuse to keep the tinnys coming. .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
            Scousers..a grands worth in 2 weeks???
            I take my hat off to you sir..
            Regards
            Garfield
            Actually Garfie if the bar bill is £1000 per cabin for a 2 week cruise, that is not actually that many alcoholic beverages at Celebrity price point + 18% gratuity.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
              I am with you 15 is more than enough so it looks like we have been subsidising others

The Aussies think it's unfair in a humid climate . They'd think up any excuse to keep the tinnys coming. .....Neil

Hi Neil

That is harsh - 1 beer an hour for each non-sleeping hour is more than 15.

Annie

Comment

We sail AI and 15 drinks would be a heavy day for me!

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  Actually Garfie if the bar bill is £1000 per cabin for a 2 week cruise, that is not actually that many alcoholic beverages at Celebrity price point + 18% gratuity.

Annie
                  If we spent £500 per week between us on alcoholic beverages we would be flat on our backs for most of the cruise.

Thankfully we drink so little, we don't have to bother with drinks packages, but have enjoyed the inclusive drinks packages we have experienced on a few of our holidays, but they have not had any influence on the quantity of drinks we consume.
                  Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                    Hi Neil

That is harsh - 1 beer an hour for each non-sleeping hour is more than 15.

Annie
                    Maybe on a sea day but when the ship is in port?
                    Regards
                    Garfield

Comment

Best drinkers I have seen were the Yank's sailed out of New Orlean's and thought drinking had become a religion ,every morning corridors full of bottles and glasses...Taffy
                      ​Taffy

Comment

Well I can get through more than 15, Last week on FO, they only serve single tots of spirit at a time, We can certainly get through 15 drinks in a 24 hour period, So the answer is yes, I wouldent book with any cruise line that treats me like a child. I am a responsible adult and don't need dictating to, Moving the goalposts again. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                          Maybe on a sea day but when the ship is in port?
                          Regards
                          Garfield
                          Actually the Aussies reckoned on 1 drink per half hour

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                            Well I can get through more than 15, Last week on FO, they only serve single tots of spirit at a time, We can certainly get through 15 drinks in a 24 hour period, So the answer is yes, I wouldent book with any cruise line that treats me like a child. I am a responsible adult and don't need dictating to, Moving the goalposts again. Jan.
                            Thanks for your honesty Jan.

I think some of us drink more than we would admit.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                              That's a good point Jan. they don't measure, they pour and spirits are often triples, champagne glasses are full and on one occasion I got a B52 in a whiskey tumbler! 15 probably doesn't cover it. Judith

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X