• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite Food moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite Food moments

Picks may help here might try and dig some out later..

Some of our food moments
    32oz Prime rib dinner on NCL escape

Crab shack on princess

Donner Kebab on Azamara, Soft shell crab on Azamara(the evening buffet specials were unique)

Fresh Maine lobster dinner on NCL Dawn(we got through a load on that night) in the Garden villa with friends.

6 blokes sitting at a cafe in Cadiz ordering fried seafood and drinking beer while 6 women went shopping

Looking in the mirror makes me think the answer should be most of them.

In truth eating nice food and drinking a glass of wine or two outside on deck is fantastic, the best probably a leisurely meal watching the sun set over Istanbul and the lights coming on and illuminating the minarets of the various mosques.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
      Picks may help here might try and dig some out later..

Some of our food moments
      32oz Prime rib dinner on NCL escape

Crab shack on princess

Donner Kebab on Azamara, Soft shell crab on Azamara(the evening buffet specials were unique)

Fresh Maine lobster dinner on NCL Dawn(we got through a load on that night) in the Garden villa with friends.

6 blokes sitting at a cafe in Cadiz ordering fried seafood and drinking beer while 6 women went shopping

I am allergic to nearly all of your food choices.

Most memorable food moment - I don't have a cruise based one.

Easily my favourite meal of the day is breakfast.

Annie
      Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 13th May 2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

This is easy
        1) the chef at Giovanni''s table on explorer making me gluten free fried calamari. Yum yum. Love it and haven't eaten it for years!!
        2) my gluten free chocolate birthday cake the same chef made me.

3) the first and best gluten free apple pie I've ever tasted on Indy when the head waiter asked me if I could have any dessert what would it be and I challenged the chef because gluten free pastry is a b*gger to get right!

Loving these threads the last few days x

Comment

Oh wow... anything at Murano on Eclipse / S.S.United States on Infinity?

The lobster is delicious. The cheese soufflé is phenomenal. Oh my... it's only been a few days and already I want to go back!
          Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Start with smoked salmon and caviar, with a nice bottle of champagne, followed by lobster bisque, then fillet mignon, ending with Grand Matnier soufflé. It's important that John Pugh is the executive chef!

Comment

The canapes and bubbly on MSC Fantasia as we left Crete on Christmas Day - they were fantastic and great value for money.

Another memorable food moment was when the OH dropped the camera in some potato on the first gala night! We weren't able to use that camera for the rest of the cruise!

Comment

Gourmet Night in Arcadia Rhodes Fabulous from start to finish You can match wines to each course if you wanted. Highlight was the fillet steak with grilled foi gras ,melted in your mouth.
                Recently enjoyed the meals in Tuscan Grill Deep fried Calamari ,a steak with trimmings and a nice bottle of wine,the views from the window worth the fabulous,even better if we can get a discount,...Taffy
                ​Taffy

Comment

By far the easiest question yet....a fish sandwich at sunset on the Galata Bridge.

Comment

I am not really a foodie - as long as someone else cooks and cleans up I am fine. The best on ship food experience I can think of was the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on Ruby Princess. Surf and turf served on our balcony as the sun set in the Catibbean. The wine makers dinner on Royal Princess was a good experience too, until the waiter brought his guitar and serenaded us.

Comment

French Onion soup on Norwegian Jewel
                      Chateaubriand on QE2
                      Salzburg Nockerl on Vistafjord (a custard based souffle trust me it's gorgeous!)

Comment

All sounds wonderful but when you just want something simple after all the rich food, Frankfurter Hot Dogs with fried onions and a bowl of Country Fries

...on a formal night.

Can't be beaten. Magic!

Comment

My favourite meal is most definitely the eggs benedict for breakfast. It's not something that I would bother with at home.

I enjoyed the experience of afternoon tea on Cunard - not just for the food, but for the white glove service.
                          2018-
                          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Marco Pierre White's quail's eggs on pate.
                            The amazing dinner in The Glass House, with matching wines for each course.
                            NCL's pastrami toasties.
                            My first club sandwich for a light lunch, on Princess...about a foot high, surrounded by chips and salad. Not at all what I expected!
                            Jo.

Comment

I am certainly no foodie, don't have a favourite food moment on a cruise that I can remember. Nothing posted so far on this thread other than Taffy's steak but without the grilled foi gras, would wet my appetite, especially shell fish, smoked salmon or soufflé, they would all be off my menu.

My favourite meal other than a good fry up for breakfast or a roast dinner, would be a fillet steak, which cut like butter and melted in the mouth. I do love my desserts though, but nothing which included custard.
                              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 18th May 2016, 10:40 PM.
                              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X