• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adult or Not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adult or Not?

Hi Every one

Do you think it's a good idea, to have adult only ships?
    Do you think cruise lines should go further? ie Ships that you can only sail on if you have children, or a child with you?
    Ships for 18 - 30 age group or over 60's only, what do you think?

Do you think every cruise line should have at least one ship just for adults? After all P&O isn't every ones cup of tea!

.................................................. .................................................. ..................Carol

PS To every one going on Escape with Cruise dot, have a fantastic time xx

yes, had loads of kids running running around on deck and inside the ship causing havoc on an RCL cruise unsupervised. if only parents and staff would sort them out to be more orderly outside the play areas.

Comment

Carol I like the question but I fear that our answer will not affect the outcome of any request that we will make.

I say this because market demands and extra profit or bookings will decide what is to be.

I cherish the idea of Adult only ships, I would not consider a ship which insists on a "Child in hand " policy but if the cruise lines decide that either or both of these are cabin fillers they will happen.

Sorry to be so matter of fact about it but those are my feelings. Regards....Neil

Comment

Oh well here we go......, the deck and inside of a ship is a play area for kids. Even though I am a parent and blind to the trouble they cause, I have very rarely seen kids causing any problems on a ship.
        I think there should be more adult only ships, then at least it would mean that there would likely be less passengers without kids, moaning about kids.
        Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 26th October 2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
          Oh well here we go......, the deck and inside of a ship is a play area for kids. Even though I am a parent and blind to the trouble they cause, I have very rarely seen kids causing any problems on a ship.
          I think there should be more adult only ships, then at least it would mean that there would likely be less passengers without kids, moaning about kids.
          I've never seen children causing any problems either, I'm just surprised that all cruise lines don't have at least one adult only ship.
          .................................................. .................................................. ...........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
            ...I'm just surprised that all cruise lines don't have at least one adult only ship.
            Most cruise lines offer the same 'style' product across all of their ships. It's their 'branding'.

For example all of RCI's and NCL's are family orientated. All of Cunard's and Celebrities ships are not, although then do allow kids, they just don't market themselves as being very family friendly which limits the number of kids. The likes of CMV's ships are adult only.
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
              Most cruise lines offer the same 'style' product across all of their ships. It's their 'branding'.

For example all of RCI's and NCL's are family orientated. All of Cunard's and Celebrities ships are not, although then do allow kids, they just don't market themselves as being very family friendly which limits the number of kids. The likes of CMV's ships are adult only.
              Oh, I didn't realise CMV ships were adult only, you learn something new every day .................................................. .....Carol

Comment

Yeah, all of CMV are adults only, and all the 6 star lines are adult only. Fred Olsen is as close to adults only as you can get without actually being so.

Comment

We did a 22 night cruise on Oriana a few years ago when it was a family ship and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were children on board but we never found any problems with them. When Oriana changed to Adults Only we thought, great, that will suit us as I fall into the late 60's age bracket but it had lost something. The atmosphere was not as good . We felt the families brought something more to the friendliness around the ship. Mind you we were cruising off season and a 22 nighter does not attract as many families with children as term time. Noreen

Comment

I don't have a problem with kids being on-board while I am, though as I don't have any children myself I tend to travel off-peak when the number of children around is much lower. Perhaps I've been lucky, but I've rarely (if ever) experienced annoying behaviour from children on a ship. Perhaps if I sailed during peak times I would have a different perspective?
                    Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

You wouldn't fill a children only ship throughout the year for the companies to make a profit. I don't mind children on board [
                      I'm helping to bring two under fives up, but I have to say as much as I love them a fortnight away on an adult ship [Oriana] is heaven although I have to say I frequently sail on the Aurora and I never have had to worry about children annoying me .CG
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nors, Nenagh, Nenagh View Post
                        We did a 22 night cruise on Oriana a few years ago when it was a family ship and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were children on board but we never found any problems with them. When Oriana changed to Adults Only we thought, great, that will suit us as I fall into the late 60's age bracket but it had lost something. The atmosphere was not as good . We felt the families brought something more to the friendliness around the ship. Mind you we were cruising off season and a 22 nighter does not attract as many families with children as term time. Noreen
                        Completely agree with these sentiments - we tried P & O Arcadia last year and found the atmosphere very flat and soulless. We don't have children, but do enjoy the " energy" they bring to a cruise. On previous cruises on family ships there have been odd instances of misbehaving but nothing serious or intrusive. We won't go back on an adult only ship unless there is no alternative.

Comment

Having been on Adult only and Family ships We much prefer the family ships?

The difference being the childish behavior on the Adult only ships is worse than the children s childish behavior?And at least the children washed there hands after using the toilets...Taffy
                          ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
                            You wouldn't fill a children only ship throughout the year for the companies to make a profit. I don't mind children on board [
                            I'm helping to bring two under fives up, but I have to say as much as I love them a fortnight away on an adult ship [Oriana] is heaven although I have to say I frequently sail on the Aurora and I never have had to worry about children annoying me .CG
                            Oh yes, I didn't think of that. The only reason I don't choose term time to go away is because the prices are so ridiculous...............Carol

Comment

Last time on Aurora, we passed through the buffet as it had been set out for childrens tea. I didn't realise and went to take a piece of shortbread, and got told off. I thought then, I need to take some children with me next time, their tea looked so much nicer .
                              .................................................. .................................................. ........................Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X