• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best Breakfast at Sea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your best Breakfast at Sea

With all choices we have to have breakfast when cruising ,and reading the Revue section the Buffet appears to be the choice for many people.
    I for one enjoy a decent breakfast but not always cooked.
    When on Eclipse we have had breakfast in Blu Usually Fruit and then Omelette with Bacon.Excellent
    This year we had the Elite breakfast in Tuscan Grill a Continental break fast nothing cooked.Very Good
    Tried the MDR for breakfast but not that happy with Celebrity's breakfast?
    Cunard we ate breakfast in the MDR ,fruit then a Egg and Bacon plus extras ,very nice .Very Good
    Best Breakfast for me was on P&Os Oceana in Cafe' Jardin Part self service for the Cereal/continental ,part but some of the nicest cooked breakfast i have had ,Loved the Eggs Benedict tried them on a few ships but non came close to those,just so tasty.
    Have you a favorite Place for breakfast at sea....Taffy
    ​Taffy

I enjoy breakfast, but not often full English. My usual is fruit followed, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and brown toast, on Seabourn. They do excellent pancakes either blueberry or banana, but I limit myself to once as I hate to think what the calorie count must be. Alan enjoys eggs benedict, but I find that too much.

Comment

I occasionally have a nice fried breakfast or eggs Benedict on a cruise. I don't like the buffet much because it's manic (especially at breakfast) and I always eat too much.

On our last cruise Alex and I had breakfast in the little coffee place where we had a nice coffee and croissant. More than enough considering the volume of food available the rest of the day!
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by dst87, Falkirk View Post
        I occasionally have a nice fried breakfast or eggs Benedict on a cruise. I don't like the buffet much because it's manic (especially at breakfast) and I always eat too much.

On our last cruise Alex and I had breakfast in the little coffee place where we had a nice coffee and croissant. More than enough considering the volume of food available the rest of the day!
        I agree about the buffet Duncan, but La Veranda is waiter service with things prepared to order. Sometimes there my be a short wait but never very long. You can't beat breakfast on deck when you can't see land or any other ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
          I agree about the buffet Duncan, but La Veranda is waiter service with things prepared to order. Sometimes there my be a short wait but never very long. You can't beat breakfast on deck when you can't see land or any other ships.
          That sounds lovely - which line is La Veranda on?
          Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Depends if it's a sea day or not..can't beat a good english before going ashore...or cereal and eggs benedict on sea days.
            Easiest breakfast I ever had was on Oceana coming back from the Fjords in a Force 8..not many in the buffet that morning..

We liked the Park Cafe on Oasis....not as much choice but ideal for quick cereals and a bagel without the hassle in the buffet...so thanks to Malcolm for that particular heads up.
            Regards
            Garfield

Comment

I always go to the main dining room, it may be a full English , or fruit and croissants, smoked salmon , boiled eggs whatever but they are all the best because they are served by friendly waiters and I don't have to cook it myself. Never the selfserve to much chaos and we eat far to much, although a Danish and a cuppa mid morning will draw me there. CG
              sigpic

Comment

I like the buffet breakfast mainly because of the range of choice and because you get it straight away, though agree about eating too much.However,if I don't eat too much on a cruise it's a failure.We do tend to use the restaurant on the last day depending on timings as the buffet usually is a pitched battle then.
                I love pancakes and omelettes for breakfast (not both at the same time-honest!) as I would never do that at home.

Comment

I know I'm on a Caribbean cruise when I have fresh mango and papaya for breakfast every day! mmm

Comment

I like the buffet for the omelettes, I,m not the biggest fan of big breakfasts,even though i wish i was,as i know how important it is,so after eggs,it is normally a bit of toast then fruit and yogurt,I know,Boring!! Hubby has a full English for the first 2 days or so,then he is onto the toast and jam, Ha ha. Best breakfast was in the MDR on Silhouette. Jan.

Comment

I have room service for breakfast these days and just nip into the canteen for an additional cuppa half an hour later.

As for the scrum, it's easy to avoid. When I was a buffet eater I used to get up there about 6.30am before the madding crowd............Wilba
                      Wilba

Comment

Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon or eggs benedict for me usually in MDR, Cafe Jardin on Oceana or Cafe Bordeau on Aurora.
                        Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

Not 'best' breakfast, just 'breakfast'.

Bowl of berries followed by smoked salmon and a dollop of scrambled eggs with a slice of cold Pumpernickel [well as near as damn it] toast and unsalted butter.

All washed down with cups of double espresso with a dash of milk.

Magic.

Comment

Our most memorable breakfast was on Liberty of the Seas. The menu was designed with kids in mind with lots of chocolatey things. Characters from Shrek came to our table. My 7 year old grandson was awe struck when his favourite, Puss in Boots arrived and he had a photo with him. It was all free, a really great experience and a good job we had children with us as wdmay have looked rather silly onour own.

Comment

It has to be a freshly made omelette for me - ham and mushroom with a side of yet more mushrooms, and I'm not likely to get a better one than Oceania's perfect offerings

All fairly healthy so far ... pity I always spoil it with croissants

Cheers,
                              Lynn

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X