• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite drinks onboard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite drinks onboard?

I'm interested to know what people like to drink while cruising!

Any favourite, fabulous cocktails? Bonus points for flamboyant photos

I like an Amaretto Sour, but want to try some new drinks on our cruise in May. I've opted for Celebrity's Premium Drinks Package (I might lose a little on it, but I'm curious) so it seems like the perfect opportunity to try something I wouldn't normally!
    Duncan S

See my blog!

Duncan go to the Molecular Bar and order a 'Coming Up Roses' beautiful drink with rose petals suspended in the drink. It was invented for something I forget... oops ..but it tells you on the wine list and was one of my favourite cocktails on Eclipse...Carol

Comment

Hubby is not a big drinker but when on Cunard he enjoys a Gin Martini with a twist while relaxing in the Commodore Club every evening.
      Oriana
      Oceana
      Ventura
      Queen Mary 2
      Queen Victoria
      Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
        Duncan go to the Molecular Bar and order a 'Coming Up Roses' beautiful drink with rose petals suspended in the drink. It was invented for something I forget... oops ..but it tells you on the wine list and was one of my favourite cocktails on Eclipse...Carol

I second that! There are many intriguing drinks on the Molecular Bar menu. I also like the vodka based martinis from the Martini Bar. Other than these treats I mainly stick to wine.

Comment

I tried the Molecular Bar last May, but it was so quiet! The drink I did have was wonderful though.

Perhaps Alex and I can go for a drink when it's a bit more lively
          Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

French martini for me Duncan, we made full use of our Premium drinks package last May.....Can also recommend "Coming up roses", the Molecular bar was quiet, so I carried it to the Martini Bar and enjoyed it there !!

Comment

Ginger Cosmo a few of them livens up a evening here's the how to make one
              2 shot Keitel
              One shot Citroen
              ¾ shot Domain de Canton ginger liqueur
              1¼ shot Cranberry juice
              ¼ shot Freshly squeezed lime juice
              ⅛ shot Sugar syrup (1 water : 2 sugar
              ]

Comment

My favourite cocktail is a Mai Tai but I've never had an authentic one on a cruise ship. It should be served in a hollowed out pineapple with ice and lots of rum like they did in the Rasa Sayang Hotel, Penang, Malaysia many moons ago.

Comment

I agree it was quiet..at first we got chatting to a couple of really friendly American guys and so we all gravitated to the bar most nights before dinner. Once there was a bit of a buzz it meant more people joined in, but it needs a few to make some atmosphere...Carol

Comment

G&T is my bar drink of choice at home but on board I'm afraid I'm a tea gal.

The Long Island type of tea...Iced.
                    Be careful, made well, after a couple it's real fall down stuff, especially after the wine with dinner.
                    Ice
                    Gin
                    Tequila
                    Rum
                    Vodka
                    Triple sec

loads of fresh lime juice and topped off with coke.

Comment

Cunard do a really good raspberry martini. They are also one of the few cruise lines to have advocat although they did run out on qm2. Nothing to do with me! The only other cruise line I have found advocat is MSC. Anyone know who else has it?

Comment

My favourite is a Bellini I have never liked spirits indeed I didn't drink until I hit my forties I am making up for it now.... I also discovered Kir Royals. CG
                        sigpic

Comment

Well thank you Mrs M, I have been drinking Rooibos to cut down on my caffeine intake but that sounds like a much better solution..Carol

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                          G&T is my bar drink of choice at home but on board I'm afraid I'm a tea gal.

The Long Island type of tea...Iced.
                          Be careful, made well, after a couple it's real fall down stuff, especially after the wine with dinner.
                          Ice
                          Gin
                          Tequila
                          Rum
                          Vodka
                          Triple sec

loads of fresh lime juice and topped off with coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                            Well thank you Mrs M, I have been drinking Rooibos to cut down on my caffeine intake but that sounds like a much better solution..Carol
                            Carol, forget afternoon tea on our forum cruise, we'll take a glass of decent tea together before dinner [and/or after], and it won't be Rooibos...well mine won't be!!!

Mrs M x

PS, stick to Rooibos for breakfast though, can't say I've tried a LIIT before lunch!

Comment

I do like to try the Cocktail of the day, I have to say I was surprised at how nice Long Island Iced Tea was. I tried a Mojito once, because it sounded amazing and didn't like that at all.

Unfortunately as I get older, the more drink seems to dislike me, any more than 2 and I'm quite ill .................................Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X