• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Dot new Q&A section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Dot new Q&A section

Hi all

This question appeared on the Q&A section of the Cruise Dot website this morning

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-answe...estion_168174/

When they say the old system I presume they mean...........

What does everyone think of the new Q&A system now you've had time to get used to it? Is it an improvement? Would you make any improvements? Or just go back to the old Q&A, (not the whole website - Just the Q&A section)

Thanks

You would get more answers if you didnt have to keep entering name, address, email etc every time you give a reply. Surely signing with a password just once would be enough. Its not as if it is top secret classified information!

Comment

Suffice to say I have not used the new site pages since they were introduced, I stick solely to the forum..

Comment

As stated above in#2 the requirement to continually enter personal details is an"of putter".

Comment

I'm definitely with ILS on this, you need to get rid of the need to enter personal information every time as it's a pain and has put me off ever using it and can't imagine how many others have similarly been put off.

Comment

The need to input personal information every time is really annoying. I rarely post for this reason and when I do I don't bother with the list of cruise lines. Couldn't the Q and A be combed with the forum. It might be an advantage for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Exdabtoe, Galston View Post
              As stated above in#2 the requirement to continually enter personal details is an"of putter".

I totally agree with you.
              Oriana
              Oceana
              Ventura
              Queen Mary 2
              Queen Victoria
              Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                You would get more answers if you didnt have to keep entering name, address, email etc every time you give a reply.
                I stopped using it a few years ago for that VERY reason! Life's too short!

(Lose that annoyance and I bet the responses will go up by 90%)
                See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I guess I've got used to the new format. I answer when I can and have no problem with the info input as autofill takes away the 'grind'.

Back in the dark ages, the site used to remember personal details but I don't get bothered about lack of details like that because I can make time for 10/20 seconds of 'form filling' if I truly want to help.

Comment

The Q&A quick search was useful, and I agree with other comments about entering details all the time,one password would suffice.

Comment

I did have problem with the Auto fill but not any more the last week or so I have not had to fill my details, it is working Ok On the review section as well..Taffy
                      ​Taffy

Comment

Shouldn't need any sort of autofill tool as you've aleady signed in for goodness sake. The last time I used the Q&A I entered my details as Mickey Mouse, Cheese Cottage, Disneyland , Florida and it accepted it quite nicely, so basically there's no point asking the flipping question in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
                          Shouldn't need any sort of autofill tool as you've aleady signed in for goodness sake. The last time I used the Q&A I entered my details as Mickey Mouse, Cheese Cottage, Disneyland , Florida and it accepted it quite nicely, so basically there's no point asking the flipping question in the first place.

I have no objection to signing in each time with autofill but it was quicker when the site remembered your details. I have the xxx approach. Much quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                            You would get more answers if you didnt have to keep entering name, address, email etc every time you give a reply. Surely signing with a password just once would be enough. Its not as if it is top secret classified information!
                            I totally agree

Comment

I find it okay if you're answering someone else's question, but searching for a topic already raised is something else again

I always used to check if my questions had been answered before, but now I just ask on the forum and hope I'm not causing too many repetitions

Cheers,
                              Lynn

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X