• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your worst cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your worst cruise

what was your worst cruise
    my worst cruise was on the sea princess in august 2008 in the med when we got on board her she looked tired and in need of a refit the crew were not very helpful and the whole cruise just went from bad to worse then at the end of the cruise a crew member told us she was being sold to p&o.
    I must tell you thats the only time we have had a bad cruise, we have sailed with princess many times before and since and can't fault them.

Our worst cruise was with Thomson Celebration two years ago. The de luxe cabin was anything but (despite pictures on another thread, everything looks good in photographs). The bathroom had mould the floor was lifting up the cabin was old, noisy and vibrating. The staff were good and so was the entertainment so it was bearable. Never again.

Comment

This may surprise a few people but mine was on Celebrity Eclipse. I have sailed with many different lines including Costa and MSC both of which have been slated in the review section but I found both to be much better than I expected. The disappointing things on Eclipse were the buffet where I found the food to be inedible it was so cold and the lack of evening entertainment -the bars were deserted way before midnight. Maybe it's more about expectation.

Comment

My only poor experience was on 'Azura' this time last month. This was my fifth cruise and the only one I didn't enjoy to the full. My review is in the review section. One thing I would say is that if people have a poor experience they are entitled to say so without the sky falling on them. I read some of the comments on reviews with dismay.
        Heather

Comment

none! :D :D :D :D ................................so far.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather, Holywood Co Down View Post
            My only poor experience was on 'Azura' this time last month. This was my fifth cruise and the only one I didn't enjoy to the full. My review is in the review section. One thing I would say is that if people have a poor experience they are entitled to say so without the sky falling on them. I read some of the comments on reviews with dismay.
            Heather
            Hi Heather,

I must be cracking up as I cannot find your review?

You say last month, I have gone back to early January & can't find it?

Would be very interested in your views as I know you have also been on Queen Victoria, as we have & we were considering Azura.

Lizzie.
            Lizzie sigpic

Comment

When I have one will let you know, all have been great so far.:D
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Well I have had a fire onboard , 30 foot swells, giant pink locusts everywhere and on one ship we never had a toilet for four days and had to walk to the public ones everytime we needed to go !

But I still keep booking :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Patience32, Devon View Post
                  Well I have had a fire onboard , 30 foot swells, giant pink locusts everywhere and on one ship we never had a toilet for four days and had to walk to the public ones everytime we needed to go !

But I still keep booking :-)
                  Giant pink locusts,,I suggest easing up on the G&Ts.Same as del Boy ,when my first bad cruise comes along i will pipe up.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                    When I have one will let you know, all have been great so far.:D
                    Same here:
                    done six cruises so far and all have been great experiences.

Just booked cruise No. 7 yesterday..
                    we do Carnival Victory from home here in Barbados
                    sailing Northward to Puerto Rico...

....where we then spend a week with old friends in San Juan
                    before boarding again (same Cabin 2314)
                    to cruise back down through the islands, Southward to Barbados.

The price of the cruise beat the cheapest Island-Hopper Air Service available

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

None so far, but I don't want to tempt fate. Next one, transatlantic repos. on the Liberty OTS, 1/4/2011 (April fools day).
                      Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Originally posted by Patience32, Devon View Post
                        Well I have had a fire onboard ,
                        30 foot swells, giant pink locusts everywhere and on one ship ..................... :-)
                        Don't laugh at those Giant Pink Locusts: they exist fer real. ;)

They're African and they get caught up in desert sandstorms and taken up great heights
                        they get taken across the sea on hi altitude winds,
                        eventually coming down on cruise ships(presumably nr. the Canaries? Madeiras?).........

Giant Pink Locusts make it as far across the Atlantic as my island of Barbados!
                        where I've seen them alive and well, close to this spot on our East (windward) coast
                        after blowing ashore here, back around 1987/88 sometime.

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sea Dog, Stockport View Post
                          None so far, but I don't want to tempt fate. Next one, transatlantic repos. on the Liberty OTS, 1/4/2011 (April fools day).
                          I have the dentist on April fools day
                          Touch wood, but I have loved all of my Cruises
                          Lynn

Comment

Our 25th Wedding Aniversary on April Fools Day this year :D
                            Done MSC Opera 2011 & 2012 , Ocean Countess 2012 , MSC Opera 2013

Next one ? don't know yet

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie, Lymington View Post
                              Hi Heather,

I must be cracking up as I cannot find your review?

You say last month, I have gone back to early January & can't find it?

Would be very interested in your views as I know you have also been on Queen Victoria, as we have & we were considering Azura.

Lizzie.
                              Hi Lizzie,
                              it was about the 6th February. Unfortunately, the drop down box has another ship title maybe thats why but it is about Azura, sorry. Youll see Lyons, Holywood as the 'author'. There is another review (the most recent) on Azura by another person which sums it up well, drinks machines empty etc, poor service so read that - after being on Queen Victoria and Celebrity Im going back to Cunard and Celebrity. A month on and I am still shaking my head at some of the standards,
                              Heather

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X