• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struggling to Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling to Park

Hi Everyone

Pre- covid we always used CPS parking, not the cheapest I know, but so easy, never had a problem getting a space even on a short notice cruise, but I've read a lot of people are now struggling to get parking, even Penquin parking is full.

Is there room to expand parking spaces in Southampton? What with ships getting ever bigger, and Arvia is due the end of the year, it will only get worse!

Have you had problems parking? Is there any where else?

We have used CPS many times without problem but for our first post Covid cruise next month we are doing a hotel and parking package.

When booking it some time ago we noticed price increases for all options.
    Our thInking this time was guided by a Saturday departure in July with holiday traffic, and being there the day before seemed more sensible. It also allows more time for testing etc.

Comment

I use triangle parking which is beside CPS parking.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I use Park at my House/Just Park/Park on my Drive type services.

That way, I park the car and I keep the keys then taxi into the port..................Wilba
        Wilba

Comment

We have always used CPS and haven't heard of any difficulties in booking a slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            We have always used CPS and haven't heard of any difficulties in booking a slot.
            Some people on the P&O Facebook chat, have been saying they are having difficulties.

Comment

Yourparkingplace, best(value convenience) is Ibis/Novotel £3.90 a day (they have others)

Looked recently and filling up(fully refundable if still planning)

West Quay multi story £5 a day(next to Moxi&P) is our fall back.

If you don't mind further out there is £2 a day better for longer trips as cost to terminal goes up if using taxi

For long cruises cheaper on monthly rates £30pm in a hotel car park inside the motorways.

If happy without a car doing overnight central there is £2day on bus route to West quay drop extra people and bags at hotel one person takes the hit to park the car and bus back, walk to hotel

Quite a few hotels are £5day over room cost

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                Booked with CPS beginning of June for August cruise, It was a free offer with P and O, might that be the issue?

Comment

Princess cruises are attracting a lot more Brits this year and a lot are new so don't know how to avoid the expensive port parking.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

Somepeople on the P&O Facebook chat, have been saying they are having difficulties.
                    Well that will by why I haven't heard of any difficulties.

Comment

There are a lot of P&O sailings on cheap saver rates that don't include parking.

Comment

I use Park at my House....

That's because I park at my house...

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                          I use Park at my House/Just Park/Park on my Drive type services.

That way, I park the car and I keep the keys then taxi into the port..................Wilba
                          A friend did that last year, when we sailed on Sky Princess. He booked late and there was no parking left at the port.
                          2018-
                          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I always use cruises 4 parking.. nevevr had a problem, they keep the keys and bring your car to wherever the ship docks, which isnt always the same place you left it!! hugs heather x

Comment

sorry should be parking 4 cruises

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X