• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Silhouette in Greenock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

    Thanks Annie. I have a good supply of FFP2 masks, having expected to have to wear one on the flight and transfer at least. Can't say I'm looking forward to wearing one in Italian temperatures. I struggle with them here.
    Hi Peter

    I understand completely and the latest ruling will stay in place until September.

    Strangely it has been reported that the mask mandate may not apply to flights.

    Fingers crossed for your flight to Rome.

    I flew internally from BHX back to Gla this morning and they counted them on and off the escalators.

    Annie

    PS Sorry for hijacking temporarily your thread Issy.
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 16th June 2022, 10:47 PM.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

      Thanks Annie. I have a good supply of FFP2 masks, having expected to have to wear one on the flight and transfer at least. Can't say I'm looking forward to wearing one in Italian temperatures. I struggle with them here.
      We had to wear masks on our flight to Rome, with BA, in May.
      They we’re not required in the terminal, but had to be worn on the transfer

      John

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

        Thanks Annie. I have a good supply of FFP2 masks, having expected to have to wear one on the flight and transfer at least. Can't say I'm looking forward to wearing one in Italian temperatures. I struggle with them here.
        We were in Italy for four days on our recent cruise, two days Venice, two days Ravenna and mask wearing in the towns was almost nil. Just the airports and planes were all that was mandatory.............Wilba
        Wilba

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Wilba View Post

          We were in Italy for four days on our recent cruise, two days Venice, two days Ravenna and mask wearing in the towns was almost nil. Just the airports and planes were all that was mandatory.............Wilba
          That's what I expected. Small price to pay I suppose.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

            Hi Peter

            I understand completely and the latest ruling will stay in place until September.

            Strangely it has been reported that the mask mandate may not apply to flights.

            Fingers crossed for your flight to Rome.

            I flew internally from BHX back to Gla this morning and they counted them on and off the escalators.

            Annie

            PS Sorry for hijacking temporarily your thread Issy.
            No problem Annie, that’s what the forum is for passing on helpful information and experience.
            Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 19th June 2022, 11:51 AM.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

            Comment


              #21
              Did you see us waving to you from the Sunset Bar? Spent the afternoon on deck in sunny Greenock. Silhouette is one of our favourite ships and we have had a great first week on her. Sunshine in all the ports - Guernsey, Cobh, Waterford, Greenock and Liverpool. Due to an Atlantic storm we have a change of itinerary with the port of Akureyri being missed tomorrow but we are arriving in Reykjavik at 4pm for an extra night to explore the area. A bit rocky at the moment but Captain Michael announced it will improve later this afternoon.
              We have 1% cases of Covid on board with 73% capacity of passengers. A mixture of mostly UK, American, Canadian and a large group of Indian passengers. We have been wearing our masks round the ship but it is only compulsory in the Theatre and Casino, with all the staff wearing them.
              I have read other reports that cost cutting measures have been implemented but I can honestly say I have not experienced this. OH and our cruising companions have mentioned that the MDR food is up to their usual standard and the entertainment has been first class. Mike is a new Cruise Director, being on the Silhouette for 3 weeks, and is doing a great job. So far great cruise.
              Looking forward to arriving in Iceland tomorrow as this cruise is the third time we have booked it!
              Happy to answer any questions. Jenni

              Comment


                #22
                Hi Issy and Jenni.
                Saw a photo on Fb of Celebrity Silhouette in Greenock with the paddle steamer Waverley passing her,,,did either of you see her?
                JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Hi JC, yes Waverley passed us a couple of times. Funny story an American asked us if it belonged to the Scottish Navy to which our friend (ex merchant navy) replied no it is the oldest paddle steamer in the country. Good to see it sailing by us. Jenni

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Jenkin, EA View Post
                    Did you see us waving to you from the Sunset Bar? Spent the afternoon on deck in sunny Greenock. Silhouette is one of our favourite ships and we have had a great first week on her. Sunshine in all the ports - Guernsey, Cobh, Waterford, Greenock and Liverpool. Due to an Atlantic storm we have a change of itinerary with the port of Akureyri being missed tomorrow but we are arriving in Reykjavik at 4pm for an extra night to explore the area. A bit rocky at the moment but Captain Michael announced it will improve later this afternoon.
                    We have 1% cases of Covid on board with 73% capacity of passengers. A mixture of mostly UK, American, Canadian and a large group of Indian passengers. We have been wearing our masks round the ship but it is only compulsory in the Theatre and Casino, with all the staff wearing them.
                    I have read other reports that cost cutting measures have been implemented but I can honestly say I have not experienced this. OH and our cruising companions have mentioned that the MDR food is up to their usual standard and the entertainment has been first class. Mike is a new Cruise Director, being on the Silhouette for 3 weeks, and is doing a great job. So far great cruise.
                    Looking forward to arriving in Iceland tomorrow as this cruise is the third time we have booked it!
                    Happy to answer any questions. Jenni
                    Sorry No we didn’t as you were too far away from us so I’ll . 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 now. 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 😂 Our friends were on their balcony using the torches on their phones to try to eat us to see them but as it was still sunny and we were ‘across the watter’ we could t see them either.

                    They are in a suite and have said the food in Luminae is really good. They are having a fab time but we’re so disappointed that Akureyri was cancelled too. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi Issy and Jenni.
                      Saw a photo on Fb of Celebrity Silhouette in Greenock with the paddle steamer Waverley passing her,,,did either of you see her?
                      JC
                      Yes she passed us on our way to collect our friends. They saw her from their balcony. She is a beautiful wee paddle steamer. 8663A389-3BC9-4BFA-AD9A-FAF1677083E2.jpeg
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        We have made several calls in Greenock and always meet a local friend.

                        The great thing about the port is the welcome. The local volunteer welcomers are so enthusiastic and full of good avice and help about the area.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
                          We have made several calls in Greenock and always meet a local friend.

                          The great thing about the port is the welcome. The local volunteer welcomers are so enthusiastic and full of good avice and help about the area.
                          We are a welcoming nation, but in reality we just like to talk. 🙈😂😂😂
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

                            We are a welcoming nation, but in reality we just like to talk. 🙈😂😂😂
                            Sounds just like us Issy. And preferably getting the life history while you are at it.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post

                              Sounds just like us Issy. And preferably getting the life history while you are at it.
                              OMG yes exactly the same. You can be at the bus stop waiting for a bus, someone starts talking to you and by the time the bus comes you know everything about them, their families and worries. 😂😂😂
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X