• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queen Anne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen Anne

I decided that I would like to book the Queen Anne maiden voyage, and pre-registered with a travel agent. They tried to make a booking yesterday, but everything was sold out. They tried again today, and it was no better. I am now on a waitlist.

I am aware that some warn against maiden voyages, but I have been on two and they have been good. I also trust Cunard, as I had a problem on Queen Victoria and the OBC that they gave was very generous.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Im sorry to hear that.
    We were more fortunate and have a reservation in our preferred room grade.

We used an agent who was able to book yesterday but he did say that the system had crashed a few times with demand.

In fact the system was so haywire that the agent has come back today to say our deposit was paid (taken) twice and Cunard now has to repay one lot!

I know what you are saying about maiden voyages and we were mindful about such warnings but we always thought we would like to experience a maiden cruise and as we sail Cunard we went for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
      I decided that I would like to book the Queen Anne maiden voyage, and pre-registered with a travel agent. They tried to make a booking yesterday, but everything was sold out. They tried again today, and it was no better. I am now on a waitlist.

I am aware that some warn against maiden voyages, but I have been on two and they have been good. I also trust Cunard, as I had a problem on Queen Victoria and the OBC that they gave was very generous.
      There is still hope - fingers are crossed.

Annie

Comment

Sorry to hear your TA wasn’t able to make a booking for you Yogini, I heard that it was all a bit crazy yesterday. Folks were also not happy that there are no single berth cabins on the ship!

The maiden cruise is a long way off so there may well be cancellations before then and you can book a cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
          Folks were also not happy that there are no single berth cabins on the ship! .
          I wonder why they didn't include single cabins. I had one on Queen Victoria in 2018, and it was a very nice cabin with a picture window. There was a problem, however, as several of the cabins suffered from a leak from the promenade deck.

2018-

2019 -

2020 -
          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

They were calling "regulars" last week. I had a call from my TA as we were on the "list", but the maiden didn't interest us. Not much of an itinerary.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
              They were calling "regulars" last week. I had a call from my TA as we were on the "list", but the maiden didn't interest us. Not much of an itinerary.
              We got ''the call'' last week too and like you, not for us.

Hope all those who booked have a great time and I'm sure some of the cabins booked will come available for those on the waitlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

We got ''the call'' last week too and like you, not for us.

Hope all those who booked have a great time and I'm sure some of the cabins booked will come available for those on the waitlist.
                All I got was a package containing a very smart black and gold box and inside a black and gold folder with four photos of the Queen Anne and a booklet detailing her first cruises.

I was hoping it might hold a nice Cunard pen set! Lol.

Comment

All I got was a package containing a very smart black and gold box and inside a black and gold folder with four photos of the Queen Anne and a booklet detailing her first cruises.

Shows how much notice I took of it. I thought it was dark brown and gold until I looked again after reading your post.

I was seriously unimpressed at the amount of money that will have cost!

Comment

Busiest day on record...
                    https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/201...ng-day-record/

Comment

You werent the only one who was looking forward to opening the bulky package and expecting a pen or similar or small book.
                      What a let down. We were seriously underwhelmed at the pile of expensive and environmentally wasteful cardboard. The photos are nothing new, the same as online and other publicity. No deck plans, no prices, no real information just a lot of fancy marketing speak.

For the record, I had no prior invitation for early booking. We just struck lucky, thanks to the agent who managed to get through. Actually I understand that it was only the top grade of room that was offered though I may be wrong. We dont take those.

I dont think they would bother with a wait list unless they expected people to pull out.

Comment

The reservations were opened at 1pm yesterday. I looked at 3pm and all but interior cabins had sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosycider, Weston - super - Mare View Post
                          The reservations were opened at 1pm yesterday. I looked at 3pm and all but interior cabins had sold out.
                          I wanted an inside cabin, and there were none left. My travel agent tried when bookings opened for past passengers, and couldn't get me one.
                          2018-

2019 -

2020 -
                          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Cunard has a very 'hard core' following!
                            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                              Cunard has a very 'hard core' following!
                              A sell out cruise on the pre-general sale day is amazing and wink or not, just in case this comment is meant as even slightly derogatory or patronising, I prefer the terms loyal' or 'committed' with regards to the many thousands of regulars who recognise Cunard as a great way of having a holiday at sea.

Edit
                              from a non hard-core but committed Cunard regular
                              Last edited by Mrs M; 20th May 2022, 06:24 AM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X