• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming Viking Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haworth, Wokingham
    started a topic Upcoming Viking Cruise

Upcoming Viking Cruise

Many of you will recall the events of March 2019 when Viking Sky got into trouble off the Norwegian coast.

As part of the compensation for that episode the Chairman of Viking, Torstein Hagen invited us all onto a Maiden voyage of a new ship, then covid hit!

On Saturday we will be leaving Heathrow early and probably not bright to fly to Rome and join Viking Mars for her maiden voyage to Barcelona with stops in Sicily, Sardinia, Malta and Menorca

John
    Last edited by Haworth, Wokingham; 17th May 2022, 08:17 AM.

• Wilba
    replied
    After experiencing Azamara, I will definitely look in the direction of Viking sometime soon............Wilba

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

We are in Syracuse today and walked round the old town of Ortega, just back now it’s going to be very hot today, might even have lunch inside

Chefs Table tonight, the menu is California, with delights like crab cake and seared halibut

Viking major on simple and luxurious, Torsten hates complexity, the shower has two controls, both clearly labelled, volume and hot/cold. You don’t need a child to use the TV, the remote is simple
    Ha
    My idea of technical

I like the idea of simple and luxurious.

One say Viking, one day!

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Viking pool area is on deck 7, a central pool with a retractable roof, fully open every day so far. The side of this area has a mixture of loungers and very comfortable sofas, in addition the top half of the windows can be opened, like sash windows to get fresh air and a cooling breeze, I will post some pictures when I can

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi John
    Lovely photo…..you can feel the warmth.
    4E287E64-4B52-46A8-943E-9C67B9DB9B07.jpeg
    JC
    We are in Syracuse today and walked round the old town of Ortega, just back now it’s going to be very hot today, might even have lunch inside

Chefs Table tonight, the menu is California, with delights like crab cake and seared halibut

Viking major on simple and luxurious, Torsten hates complexity, the shower has two controls, both clearly labelled, volume and hot/cold. You don’t need a child to use the TV, the remote is simple

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
    Sunset last night
    Hi John
    Lovely photo…..you can feel the warmth.
    4E287E64-4B52-46A8-943E-9C67B9DB9B07.jpeg
    JC

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Sunset last night

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    We had talks yesterday from both Torsten Hagen and his daughter, reflecting on the past 2 years as the warm lay up of all Viking ships and the future, with more ocean and river ships on order, if the orders are all fulfilled Viking will have 101 ship’s including new ones for the Mississippi, Mekong and Nile along with expeditions ships.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Have a great time we had Star for company in Warnemunde(19th).

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Have a wonderful holiday and fingers crossed you stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Just arrived in the port, we have NCL Escape, Costa Fortuna and Celebrity Edge for company.

Need to wear face masks today and do daily saliva tests whilst in port, no great hardship unless……..

The ship is squeaky clean and gleaming, set sail tonight at 18.00 for Palermo.

The chef’s table menus rotate every 3 days, all included, next 3 nights are Californian, booked in for Monday at 19.00, sensible time.

hopefully, pictures to follow

John

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi John.
    Enjoy! Don’t miss the sail in to Mahon you can almost touch the shoreside villas as you glide past.
    Then prepare yourself for the many steps from the quay up to the town.

JC
    Thanks JC and others, we will enjoy the sail into Mahon, we rented a small house for a number of years in Es Castell at the mouth of the harbour, loved to watch the various ships sail in and out, will probably visit the gin factory as well, no plans that day.

Mags, any questions please ask

John

Leave a comment:

• mags, cardiff
    replied
    Looking forward to reading about this one.

Because - We are on a Viking ocean ship later this year.

We are also doing a maiden voyage, our first. Thats on Queen Anne.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Have a great time you are owed that ,John .
    Sure way if avoiding the troublesome weather from last time too 😀
    In Mahon, I recommend the Gin but I'm guessing you know about that already..

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
    Have the most wonderful time John! Mahon is just lovely. It was the last port on our first cruise, and yes, those stairs are a killer, but the view is stunning. We are all looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing all about it.

Take care. Helen🛳🥂
    My memory of Mahon is...shoes. I went a few times as a teen, with my parents and started my love of shoes there. Darn it.

Have wonderful holiday on Viking, John, and fingers crossed the engineering holds out!

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X