• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Big Decision and Life is Too Short

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jill, such a long cruise wouldn't suit me either a shame that segments aren't on offer as you say.My parents never did a full world cruise but did segments and got some really good deals.Like others have said though if you fancy it go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
      Who is opening a book on the date we see a confirmed booking from Jill

LMM
      It's too late to run a book- I booked the cruise this morning. I'm really happy with the fare, especially as I have an ocean view cabin, £350 OBC, door to door transport to the ship and my discount as a Platinum member of Fred's Oceans Club.

I'll tackle the visas much nearer the time. Apparently I have to arrange them myself for Saudi Arabia, India and Benin (Cotonou).
      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

It's too late to run a book- I booked the cruise this morning. I'm really happy with the fare, especially as I have an ocean view cabin, £350 OBC, door to door transport to the ship and my discount as a Platinum member of Fred's Oceans Club.

I'll tackle the visas much nearer the time. Apparently I have to arrange them myself for Saudi Arabia, India and Benin (Cotonou).
        Well done Jill - when I read last night that your children gave their blessing - I said to myself - Jill will book tomorrow.

I missed the Saudi port from the itinerary - that would have been a deal breaker for me.

Enjoy your SKI trip

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Well done Jill - when I read last night that your children gave their blessing - I said to myself - Jill will book tomorrow.

I missed the Saudi port from the itinerary - that would have been a deal breaker for me.

Enjoy your SKI trip

Annie
          I'm not sure that I will even get off the ship in Saudi Arabia Annie but no doubt I will still need a visa. I will check nearer the time.

I am also getting mixed messages from FB telling me to use an agent for the Indian visa because it such a pain. I will probably have a go myself before I go down route though.
          Jill

Comment

a

Fantastic, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it, it sounds wonderful. Especially the Maldives bit

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              a

Fantastic, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it, it sounds wonderful. Especially the Maldives bit
              The Maldives was not covered on out last Round Africa/Indian Ocean cruise Carol, so a new port of call for me. As with many of the ports of call, I'm looking forward to returning and doing something different because there was so much to see.
              Jill

Comment

The visa application looks straightforward for India and Benin on the respective countries website. Also you will need some vaccinations including yellow fever. I have had that one and can say the after effects of a sore arm are not an exaggeration. It hurts like hell, but don't let that put you off! https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/ is a good website for vaccination advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosycider, Weston - super - Mare View Post
                  The visa application looks straightforward for India and Benin on the respective countries website. Also you will need some vaccinations including yellow fever. I have had that one and can say the after effects of a sore arm are not an exaggeration. It hurts like hell, but don't let that put you off! https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/ is a good website for vaccination advice.
                  Indian visa wasn’t too difficult here in Toronto, we went to the office and handed in the paperwork we had printed from their website. I don’t know your age Jill, but yellow fever vaccines are not recommended for over 65 years. We got an exemption letter from our doctor when we went to Tanzania.
                  I am glad you made your decision, now you really have something to look forward to.
                  Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Rosycider, Weston - super - Mare View Post
                    Fortunately I've already had a yellow fever jab and although it was in 2010, the NHS website said that they are valid for life. Fred Olsen have provided a link to a company they recommend to sort the visas out.
                    Jill

Comment

Fantastic - well done. Oh the anticipation .

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X