• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of regulations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like JC I've used Eurofins, tested about 3 pm result via email 1 am that morning.
    Staff were good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
      I'm just wondering what happens if you have previously had Covid, as it can show positive for 90 days, you could return home, and be stuck there for weeks, while it gets out of your system!! .................................................. ....Carol
      I’m in that position and concerned it may now impact on my Caribbean cruise in February. 90 days or is it actually longer, who knows tbh. How long is a piece of string ? With recent developments I’m seriously considering my position about travelling. Balance due in 2 weeks. Anyone else in a similar position ?

Used c19 testing for Cyprus and Randox, both were very efficient

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

I’m in that position and concerned it may now impact on my Caribbean cruise in February. 90 days or is it actually longer, who knows tbh. How long is a piece of string ? With recent developments I’m seriously considering my position about travelling. Balance due in 2 weeks. Anyone else in a similar position ?

Another factor is the very recent change to in-bound travel requirements for international passengers to USA - a negative Covid test result, taken within 24 hours prior to travel, irrespective of vaccination status.

How long will this regulation be in place?? how long is a piece of string.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
          I'm just wondering what happens if you have previously had Covid, as it can show positive for 90 days, you could return home, and be stuck there for weeks, while it gets out of your system!! .................................................. ....Carol
          This link might be of help. https://researchbriefings.files.parl...3/CBP-9203.pdf

Comment

My result arrived yesterday just 30 minutes before I needed to leave to get to the theatre. Fortunately it was another negative result.

It seems that the labs are taking longer than previously because they were busier.

Now I just need to reschedule my cancelled hair appointment.
            Last edited by Yogini, Waterlooville; 3rd December 2021, 10:46 AM.
            2018-
            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
              Had my LFT cancelled, booked the new ones while in port with testing for all.

Would have done LHR drive in but they close too early.

Can put up with staying at home for a few days, been away for 2 weeks while some are still hiding at home over 18 months.

Good customer service from eurofins upgrading for free they are the ones the cruise line I am on use.

I thought the change applied from 4am Tues morning not Monday
              Thanks, it was Tuesday and I have edited the original post. I really don't know what day it is, half the time ...
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Yogini, Waterlooville View Post
                My result arrived yesterday just 30 minutes before I needed to leave to get to the theatre. Fortunately it was another negative result.

It seems that the labs are taking longer than previously because they were busier.

Now I just need to reschedule my cancelled hair appointment.
                Thanks for the update Yogini.

Good luck with rescheduling the hair appointment - goldust in my salon.

Annie

Comment

I had a positive test at the docks in nov after 3 jabs....Got my xmas cruise two weeks monday!! fingers crossed x

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post

I had a positive test at the docks in nov after 3 jabs....Got my xmas cruise two weeks monday!! fingers crossed x
                    Hi

As you know triple jabbed comes with no guarantees.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone on Christmas cruises.

Annie

Comment

I am aboard Saga's Spirit of Adventure, which is due to return to Southampton on Monday morning

Previous subscribers have mentioned Covid-19 testing requirements prior to boarding. In our case, we had used Saga's complimentary transport to travel to Southampton. Our driver was directed to the Mayflower Terminal, where the roadway outside the terminal had been set up as a testing station. We did not need to leave the vehicle and a team of employees took nasal samples for lateral flow tests. That was followed by oral swabs, for a PCR test. Then, we had to remain at the Mayflower Terminal until the results of the lateral flow tests became available . They placed stickers on our cruise documents, saying we had been cleared to board the ship. Then, we continued to the Ocean Terminal to check in for the cruise. I gather that Saga had made arrangements to receive the results of the PCR tests, before the ship departed.

For our return to the UK, the ship will provide a PCR testing kit and a completed Passenger Location Form for every passenger. The stewards will deliver PCR testing kits to passengers' cabins on the last evening. We must do the test as soon as the ship has docked and then, we shall return the samples to our steward. The ship has made arrangements with an accredited laboratory to process the samples and we will receive the results as soon as possible.

I hope everything will happen quickly, because prolonged isolation would cause problems. When we departed for this cruise, a lateral flow test would have been sufficient, so we had not expected the government to change the rules. Consequently, I have various commitments for the Wednesday morning.

Comment

That's pretty comprehensive by Saga picking up the day2 test is going the extra.
                        We had LFT departure, one mid cruise and one today for disembark in Italy can be used for international flights that need them PCR also on offer.

The tests are supervised, the pokers need more training on how far up a nose you need to go, the 2 that did mine on the ship would be lucky to detect snot.

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post

🙏 My decision is getting easier due to today’s decision - re introduction of pre departure testing. Who knows how long it’ll be in place for but I’m not taking the chance. Calling Celebrity on Monday - disappointed.

Comment

🙏 My decision is getting easier due to today’s decision - re introduction of pre departure testing. Who knows how long it’ll be in place for but I’m not taking the chance. Calling Celebrity on Monday - disappointed.
                            Hi mike x I have just done a test and it has come up negative and that is 4 weeks after I had the positive one at the docks, if thats any help x heather

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X