• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Like to Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    I posted on here years ago about a golf putting competition in the foyer on Celebrity Eclipse.
    There was two yanks who brought their own putter,wore a golf glove and the polo shirt with their country club badge on,,with the diamond pattered jumper around the shoulder,they even insisted on using their own ball,,,there was these two and 10 kids,,,,a 7 year old little girl won.
    The two Americans where absolutely devastated and started making every excuse in the book,,the ship was moving,the carpet was not flat,it was difficult to read the carpet (green),it was too fast.

It was the best game on the ship for the non playing crowd around the atrium.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
      Apart from the usual quizzes, the only game I play onboard is Duplicate Briidge.

Jill Smith's OH and I hook up on forum cruises and usually add a couple of stamps to the Forum stamp pot.
      Yes, I'm happy to be a Bridge widow on forum cruises because I don't play the game. I do like to play Cribbage with OH though, which we often do between dinner and the show.

On all of our cruises, we join in quizzes and occasionally on Fred's cruises, I might play Bingo if it fits in with whatever else we are doing. I have noticed that on most other cruise lines, Bingo is for those that take it seriously and is usually expensive. On Fred's ships, it's just a bit of fun, cheap to take part and a time filler for half an hour.

I've never played shuffle board, deck quoits, dolphin races etc on board ship because I'm usually involved with other activities on sea days.
      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi all
        I posted on here years ago about a golf putting competition in the foyer on Celebrity Eclipse.
        There was two yanks who brought their own putter,wore a golf glove and the polo shirt with their country club badge on,,with the diamond pattered jumper around the shoulder,they even insisted on using their own ball,,,there was these two and 10 kids,,,,a 7 year old little girl won.
        The two Americans where absolutely devastated and started making every excuse in the book,,the ship was moving,the carpet was not flat,it was difficult to read the carpet (green),it was too fast.

It was the best game on the ship for the non playing crowd around the atrium.

JC
        All the gear - but no idea

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X