• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And another cancellation!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another cancellation!

I had booked my first Saga cruise, sailing from Tilbury to Scottish Highlands and Islands. I've been waiting to hear what the alternative itinerary is, and saw it on FB this morning.

The new itinerary is Tilbury - Portsmouth - Portland - Isles of Scilly - Falmouth - Tilbury. Well done to Saga for putting it together so quickly, but it is not for me. I have wanted to sail out of Portsmouth, which is why I booked Scarlet Lady for August. We stopped at Portland on MSC Virtuosa in May. I have opted for a full refund. Although I would have got more had I opted for FCC, I didn't want to commit myself.

It would have been a new experience, but I am content not to sail on that occasion.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

How disappointing for you but I understand why Saga did this.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
      How disappointing for you but I understand why Saga did this.

Annie
      Of course, and many passengers are happy with the substitution.
      2018-
      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Hi all
        Celebrity cruise 11th Aug from Amsterdam (Baltic) cancelled,not yet by Celebrity but by myself just now.
        Final Pay date on 15th June,,,,too many unknowns.

Deposit of £300 taken as FCC,,,,,,only other option was to lose it.

Will look for another maybe around October.the £300 will definitely go on another X cruise in April 22.
        Looking at Princess later if it can overnight (and go ashore independently) in Cobh.

JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi jc

Good choice...

Garf

Comment

we are happy with the choice they have done well at short notice

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi all
              Celebrity cruise 11th Aug from Amsterdam (Baltic) cancelled,not yet by Celebrity but by myself just now.
              Final Pay date on 15th June,,,,too many unknowns.

Deposit of £300 taken as FCC,,,,,,only other option was to lose it.

Will look for another maybe around October.the £300 will definitely go on another X cruise in April 22.
              Looking at Princess later if it can overnight (and go ashore independently) in Cobh.

JC
              Hi all
              It would have been cancelled anyhow,,,Celebrity cancels all Reflection and Infinity sailings in Europe for the rest of the year.

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise vacation. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. Regrettably, the situation in many parts of Europe remains uncertain, therefore out of an abundance of caution, we will be canceling all Celebrity Infinity® sailings departing August 2 – December 1, 2021 and all Celebrity Reflection® sailings departing August 11 – October 22, 2021.

JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

A friend of mine had her P & O Arcadia Christmas cruise to the Canary Islands cancelled today. She might be able to transfer to Ventura or Iona but they of course are much bigger ships so they are considering what to do.
                Jill

Comment

A HAL cruise I was watching as a reserve to my planned Japan trip has been cancelled - not totally unexpected. My planned November Japan trip will almost certainly be rescheduled for 2022.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X