• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get the world to come to you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the world to come to you!

Sadly no cruising on the horizon for the moment so get the world to come to you.

Skylinewebcams.com streams live video from many famous locations around the world. You can choose the location you wish to see from menus. As I write there are just 3 boats making their way along the Grand Canal, Venice instead of the usual teeming masses.

Window-swap.com shows short recorded video clips of the view from contributors windows around the world. There is no menu and the order is random.

A bit of fun.

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    Sadly no cruising on the horizon for the moment so get the world to come to you.

Skylinewebcams.com streams live video from many famous locations around the world. You can choose the location you wish to see from menus. As I write there are just 3 boats making their way along the Grand Canal, Venice instead of the usual teeming masses.

Window-swap.com shows short recorded video clips of the view from contributors windows around the world. There is no menu and the order is random.

A bit of fun.
    I did that at the beginning of the 1st lockdown.

Currently focusing on Japan which I was hoping to visit later this year. However the news from Japan is that the borders maybe closed to tourists until very late 2021.

At least I can find plenty to interest me on You Tube and my itinerary is being reshaped.

Annie

Comment

Interesting thanks,Johnr.Should be in Venice beginning of May but somehow I think I'll still be looking at this site.

Comment

Just had a look at Fort Myers beach - wish I hadn’t now. Missing the USA - maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I did that at the beginning of the 1st lockdown.

Currently focusing on Japan which I was hoping to visit later this year. However the news from Japan is that the borders maybe closed to tourists until very late 2021.

At least I can find plenty to interest me on You Tube and my itinerary is being reshaped.

Annie
          I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs and I am sure you are well up on your research but a useful tip for Tokyo is to stay in a hotel within easy walking distance of a JR Yamanote line station. The Yamanote line does a large circular route around inner Tokyo with trains every few minutes and gives easy access to most places of interest. Also very useful is the Jorudan journey planning website/app.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
            I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs and I am sure you are well up on your research but a useful tip for Tokyo is to stay in a hotel within easy walking distance of a JR Yamanote line station. The Yamanote line does a large circular route around inner Tokyo with trains every few minutes and gives easy access to most places of interest. Also very useful is the Jorudan journey planning website/app.
            Thanks John but I am considering not visiting Tokyo. I did briefly visit the city on my last visit but there is so much more to see in the country.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X