• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is he right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he right?

I read Dr Vin Diwakar, NHS regional medical director for London, said "breaking lockdown rules by holding large parties was akin to switching on a light in the middle of a blackout in the Blitz. Holding an illegal gathering doesn't just put you at risk in your own house, it puts your whole street and your whole community at risk".

He stressed that the pandemic is the biggest health emergency to face the country since the Second World War.

I think he is absolutely right. The longer selfish people disobey the rules the longer we will face restrictions.

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    I read Dr Vin Diwakar, NHS regional medical director for London, said "breaking lockdown rules by holding large parties was akin to switching on a light in the middle of a blackout in the Blitz. Holding an illegal gathering doesn't just put you at risk in your own house, it puts your whole street and your whole community at risk".

He stressed that the pandemic is the biggest health emergency to face the country since the Second World War.

I think he is absolutely right. The longer selfish people disobey the rules the longer we will face restrictions.
    Like this
    Covid: 400-person wedding party in Stamford Hill broken up by police - BBC News

Annie

Comment

I can honestly see the temptation if you don't know anyone, and your circle, doesn't know anyone that has been badly affected. It's been almost a year, the majority of people are behaving.

If we haven't had some sort of positive news by March, I would be pretty tempted to meet up with people my-self (although not a massive great party). The news just gets worse!! ...................................Carol

Comment

We're all missing our "normal" lives. To break the rules in this way is inexcusable no matter how fed up you might feel. If you physically assault someone and cause injury you could be liable to imprisonment. Why is it any different if you recklessly cause someone to catch the virus and potentially die simply to satisfy selfish needs?

Comment

My motto for the current lockdown....I’m not STUCK at HOME, I’m SAFE at HOME.

Stay safe everyone x

Comment

Today is a lovely sunny warm day here in the Costa Del Clacton on Sea and we took a drive along the sea front today firstly to visit Next to pick up a parcel of items ordered on line and then to pick up our ‘click and collect’ weekly grocery order at Asda.

All way along our seafront (Holland On Sea side) we have a wide open grass area, at intervals along its length where it joins the upper promenade path are 4 seater bench seats facing the sea.

As I approached the seafront I noticed at least 6 of these benches together in one area and others at intervals along its length were occupied by couples enjoying the sunshine, also people in a number of the covered seating shelters. some people had flasks and were eating food they had brought with them.

All of them officially breaking the covid rules and in full view of the main road where the occasional passing police car can be seen.

Lots of other couples enjoying a walk and the sunshine along the length of the promenade, well spaced out.
            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 22nd January 2021, 03:30 PM.
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by cruisinpat, Cornwall View Post
              My motto for the current lockdown....I’m not STUCK at HOME, I’m SAFE at HOME.

Stay safe everyone x
              I like it. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                I can honestly see the temptation if you don't know anyone, and your circle, doesn't know anyone that has been badly affected. It's been almost a year, the majority of people are behaving.

If we haven't had some sort of positive news by March, I would be pretty tempted to meet up with people my-self (although not a massive great party). The news just gets worse!! ...................................Carol
                I admit i went to see my grandson on his birthday. I didnt go inside the house. Gave him his present on the doorstep wearing 2 masks and a squirt of first defence up my nose. We have been away for his last 2 birthdays and he was really upset. I had promised him i would be there this year. No way was i going to dissapoint him. I just wish it would go away

Comment

Not sure how it puts the whole street or community at risk if the rest of the street or communtity are following the rules.

Have followed the rules throughout and have had to work throughout. Had an antibody test last week and have not got any.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                    We're all missing our "normal" lives. To break the rules in this way is inexcusable no matter how fed up you might feel. If you physically assault someone and cause injury you could be liable to imprisonment. Why is it any different if you recklessly cause someone to catch the virus and potentially die simply to satisfy selfish needs?
                    I so agree with you Peter. I know we are all getting fed up with all the rules and the majority of people do comply but it’s the minority that’s keeping this virus alive but they’re also keeping the NHS far too busy. I’m going out tomorrow for the first time in a week to pick up my Tesco click and collect messages then it will be straight home again. It was my autistic grandsons 16th birthday last week and we just had to chap the door and wave to him after leaving his presents on the doorstep. 😢 mind you I think he was happy not having to talk to us! 🙈😂

BLW I also think that anyone who kills someone while driving recklessly should be charged with manslaughter as their car/van is a lethal weapon.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I so agree with you Peter. I know we are all getting fed up with all the rules and the majority of people do comply but it’s the minority that’s keeping this virus alive but they’re also keeping the NHS far too busy. I’m going out tomorrow for the first time in a week to pick up my Tesco click and collect messages then it will be straight home again. It was my autistic grandsons 16th birthday last week and we just had to chap the door and wave to him after leaving his presents on the doorstep. 😢 mind you I think he was happy not having to talk to us! 🙈😂

BLW I also think that anyone who kills someone while driving recklessly should be charged with manslaughter as their car/van is a lethal weapon.
                      I use the drink driving analogy Issy.

Do we condone those who drink and drive??

No difference, IMO, to those who wilfully and repeatedly break the covid guidelines.

My essential shopping expedition yesterday was Pharmacist and one other shop and home. No more shops for another 4 weeks

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I use the drink driving analogy Issy.

Do we condone those who drink and drive??

No difference, IMO, to those who wilfully and repeatedly break the covid guidelines.

My essential shopping expedition yesterday was Pharmacist and one other shop and home. No more shops for another 4 weeks

Annie
                        I agree that there is no difference as they can both cause irreparable damage to health or even death.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post

I admit i went to see my grandson on his birthday. I didnt go inside the house. Gave him his present on the doorstep wearing 2 masks and a squirt of first defence up my nose. We have been away for his last 2 birthdays and he was really upset. I had promised him i would be there this year. No way was i going to dissapoint him. I just wish it would go away
                          My grand daughter is 2, we were just getting to know her, and were locked away. We'll have to start all over again
                          My son and family moved today, and we would normally have gone down for the weekend to help, and have the kids, but we've had to stay away. I know it can't be helped, but I just feel so useless .................................................. ........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
                            Not sure how it puts the whole street or community at risk if the rest of the street or communtity are following the rules.

Have followed the rules throughout and have had to work throughout. Had an antibody test last week and have not got any.
                            A friend of mine, has followed all the rules, keeping away from people, wearing a mask, washing her hands, sanitising, and has just tested positive. She is baffled and really annoyed that she has caught it, and really can't understand how .................................................. .....Carol

Comment

Dr Diwakar is absolutely correct. Sadly I believe there are those who would deny a war and turn their light on anyway. I was reading about a family gathering in Pennsylvania who got together at Thanksgiving (or perhaps Christmas, can't recall). As a result, eighteen members of the family, ranging in ages from one to sixty two, have all been infected by Covid. The oldest remains in hospital, the remainder were fortunate to have only mild symptoms. Only now are stores like Asda and Tesco getting round to stating 'No mask, no entry'. A bit late don't you think! There is no place for complacency in this situation yet we are reading of people like Piers Corbyn who are campaigning against the vaccine saying it has a chip in it to control the recipients - among other hogwash!!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X