• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the single thing you are missing most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the single thing you are missing most?

What is the single thing you are missing most about cruising?

For me it is seeing and listening close up to top class musicians playing in various venues around a cruise ship.

Companionship

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      What is the single thing you are missing most about cruising?

For me it is seeing and listening close up to top class musicians playing in various venues around a cruise ship.
      Travelling between continents - I love long cruises.

On board experience - probably the music with the caveat - they must be good. (i.e. at least play/sing in tune and no they don't always pass that test)

Annie

Comment

Just being onboard and looking forward to the next new adventure.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Just being at sea because it is so relaxing.
          Jill

Comment

Travelling to the port, boarding, experiencing a new ship, eating in the speciality restaurants, lounge atmosphere (excludes Celebrity of course) , drinking cocktails, meeting new cruisers, getting off at ports. Sorry that’s more than one but I can’t help myself.

Comment

As the thread has an open title, I am missing hugging our son the most.

Meeting and enjoying life with close friends and other close relatives come next.

I'm not missing a cruise ship as I know life is what it is at the moment and we will be aboard Victoria as soon as we can.

Comment

Seeing my family and anyone at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                  As the thread has an open title, I am missing hugging our son the most.

Meeting and enjoying life with close friends and other close relatives come next.

I'm not missing a cruise ship as I know life is what it is at the moment and we will be aboard Victoria as soon as we can.
                  You’re right - it’s an open title and I should have noted that. In that case, it’s my daughter who is single and alone in her home whilst working in an extremely demanding role in the NHS. (I’m aware of extended households / bubbles but unfortunately, it’s not that simple)

Comment

Family and friends first

As for cruising, it's the sitting on the balcony with a cold glass of anything, watching the birds diving into the sea, and anything we can spot in the sea

Both seem a long way off in this never ending nightmare

Well that's depressing On the up side, my house is looking lovely, .................................................. Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                      Just being at sea because it is so relaxing.
                      Like others, I thought you meant cruising. In fact, I would forgo any cruise at the moment just to be with my family.
                      Jill

Comment

simply the smell of my son and granddaughter x take care heather xx

Comment

Just like most of you, cuddles from my grandchildren is the one thing I really really miss at the moment and just being with them as it's been so long and they are growing up very fast.

We do miss cruising and travelling to visit family and friends all over the country but I'm content to stay at home for now especially given today's awful news (sorry about almost mentioning the C word). If I could choose one thing I miss about cruising I think I'll choose simply the motion of the ocean but just a gentle one 🚢
                          BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Just miss the everyday things we used to take for granted. Grandkids, golf, going out for a meal, etc. Cruising is a long way down the list to be honest. Let's face it, holidays in general take up only a few weeks a year. I'd happily never go on holiday again if it meant I could enjoy the rest of my life as I used to.

Comment

I miss my family most of all and my friends too. I miss being spontaneous, meeting friends for coffee, going to a movie, out for dinner. I miss cruises and other holidays but, like Peter they are quite low down on my list right now..
                              Sheila

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X