• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign Office Advisory - will it ever change??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Office Advisory - will it ever change??

Hi All

I don't know but I found this on Travel Weekly.

UK cruise sector ‘will shrink’ without Foreign Office advice change | Travel Weekly

Realistically no probable change until Q3/2021 at the earliest.

Annie

If they claim it is just a method of travel they would lose their package holiday/ ATOL status.

The destination is the ships providing accommodation.

In my view the UK cruise industry is zero already it cannot shrink from that.

They need to talk about how they grow from that base.

Comment

We’ve decided to more or less write off this year insofar as cruising is concerned. Gutted but not much I can do about it. May is our next land based holiday, rescheduled from last May and even that’s looking doubtful the way things are going.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
        We’ve decided to more or less write off this year insofar as cruising is concerned. Gutted but not much I can do about it. May is our next land based holiday, rescheduled from last May and even that’s looking doubtful the way things are going.
        I know how you feel - just finished cancelling my Italian May holiday. Easyjet have withdrawn the route and I am not rebooking this time. Next trip planned is Japan in November and I am not holding my breath.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I know how you feel - just finished cancelling my Italian May holiday. Easyjet have withdrawn the route and I am not rebooking this time. Next trip planned is Japan in November and I am not holding my breath.

Annie
          Watched one of the many cruise programmes on tv at the moment and it featured a Japan itinerary - looked absolutely amazing. Seriously considering one but maybe next year. 🤞 for November Annie.

Comment

Watched one of the many cruise programmes on tv at the moment and it featured a Japan itinerary - looked absolutely amazing. Seriously considering one but maybe next year. 🤞 for November Annie.
            I would definitely recommend Japan. If Aomori is included in your itinerary I would recommend a trip to the Big Buddha. Prepare to be amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

I would definitely recommend Japan. If Aomori is included in your itinerary I would recommend a trip to the Big Buddha. Prepare to be amazed.
              Thank you. The list is endless in regards to places I would love to visit, in particular Hiroshima, Kyoto, Nagasaki, Mt Fuji. I don’t see Aomori via Princess tho

Comment

Hi all
                Celebrity just cancelled all sailings in Europe and TA’s on Edge,Apex and Constellation for this year.

I have a Reflection booked for August,,,,watch this space.

Are they cancelling in batches so they are not overrun with refunds,,,,,Infinity,Reflection and Silhouette next?

JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Know that feeling, due to go to Turkey in May, not sure it will happen or if we actually want to go

John

Comment

Thank you. The list is endless in regards to places I would love to visit, in particular Hiroshima, Kyoto, Nagasaki, Mt Fuji. I don’t see Aomori via Princess tho
                    We loved our trip to Japan four years ago. We took a cruise from Vancouver to Tokyo, which called in Otaru and Hakodate, then took the Shinkansen train to Kyoto for five nights, train back to Tokyo, stopping overnight in a ryokan near Mount Fuji. It poured with rain there, so we didn’t see the mountain, but we enjoyed the traditional ryokan with hot spring baths and traditional rooms and meals. We did see Mount Fuji briefly from the train the next day. We ended our visit with four nights in Tokyo. On another short cruise from Shanghai we had the chance to go to Nagasaki. The Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Museum there were well worth seeing although very emotional.
                    I would love to spend more time in Japan, but I doubt if we will get there again.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                      Hi all
                      Celebrity just cancelled all sailings in Europe and TA’s on Edge,Apex and Constellation for this year.

I have a Reflection booked for August,,,,watch this space.

Are they cancelling in batches so they are not overrun with refunds,,,,,Infinity,Reflection and Silhouette next?

JC
                      Wow, maybe itinerary changes JC ? 🤷*♂️Still showing European sailings on Apex in July via the Celebrity website but maybe it’s still to catch up. Coincidentally, I just received an email headed “Europe” but for 2022.
                      Last edited by mike, lanarkshire; 12th January 2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

We loved our trip to Japan four years ago. We took a cruise from Vancouver to Tokyo, which called in Otaru and Hakodate, then took the Shinkansen train to Kyoto for five nights, train back to Tokyo, stopping overnight in a ryokan near Mount Fuji. It poured with rain there, so we didn’t see the mountain, but we enjoyed the traditional ryokan with hot spring baths and traditional rooms and meals. We did see Mount Fuji briefly from the train the next day. We ended our visit with four nights in Tokyo. On another short cruise from Shanghai we had the chance to go to Nagasaki. The Peace Park and Atomic Bomb Museum there were well worth seeing although very emotional.
                        I would love to spend more time in Japan, but I doubt if we will get there again.

Sheila
                        Sounds fabulous.

Comment

Wow, maybe itinerary changes JC ? 🤷*♂️Still showing European sailings on Apex in July via the Celebrity website but maybe it’s still to catch up. Coincidentally, I just received an email headed “Europe” but for 2022.
                          Hi Mike
                          My mistake,,,,Apex cancellation is only TA on 1/5,rest of season still unaffected.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                            Hi All

I don't know but I found this on Travel Weekly.

UK cruise sector ‘will shrink’ without Foreign Office advice change | Travel Weekly

Realistically no probable change until Q3/2021 at the earliest.

Annie
                            And if the Foreign Office advice does change where does he think we will cruise to? Most ex U.K. cruise destinations are closed to cruise ships and everything else.

Comment

Just received notification that Jet2 have suspended all flights / holidays until 26 March. We were due to fly to Cyprus on 24th. At least the decision has now been taken out of our hands.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X