• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where To?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where To?

    Hi Everyone

    Fast Forward a few months, the vast majority have been vaccinated, the World has opened up, and holidays are up and running again (We can hope)

    Where are you going first? .................................................. ....Carol

    #2
    I DONT CARE just on the first ship out of southampton x x hugs heather x x

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
      Hi Everyone

      Fast Forward a few months, the vast majority have been vaccinated, the World has opened up, and holidays are up and running again (We can hope)

      Where are you going first? .................................................. ....Carol
      I love your optimism Carol. Total world population is 7.8 billion.

      The world I don't think will 'open up' until 2nd half of 2022. At current rate of vaccination in USA it will take them over 1 year to complete the process. OK |I am building in a contingency or hiccups!

      A land trip to Italy first (if allowed).

      Annie

      Comment


        #4
        It will be at least a year before the world has opened up.

        A few months most likely limited to local regions for us that will be Europe.

        Seen a couple of NCL Iceland that look good

        Primary criteria will be getting together with cruise friends on a ship we can all go on(multi national group) NCL and X sit at the top of the list.
        ​​​​

        Comment


          #5
          I've already booked a trip to Scotland at the end of April, which could be cancelled, then a trip to the Manchester area in May, which could also be cancelled. I 'm banking on my July cruise because it is Round Britain and hopefully most of us will have had the vaccine by then.

          Failing that, Christmas in the Canaries.
          Last edited by Smith7; 4th January 2021, 03:40 PM.
          Jill

          Comment


            #6
            A villa with family on one of the Canary Islands is first on my agenda. I do have a couple of cruises booked for later this year and early next, we shall see.

            I won't be booking until we get the thumbs up though ............................................Carol

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
              I've already booked a trip to Scotland at the end of April, which could be cancelled, then a trip to the Manchester area in May, which could also be cancelled. I 'm banking on my July cruise because it is Round Britain and hopefully most of us will have had the vaccine by then.

              Failing that, Christmas next year in the Canaries.
              Hi Jill

              You may have to rethink April??

              Annie

              Comment


                #8
                I am booked on Odyssey in April, but am becoming less and less confident that the ship will sail then. A train trip to Twickenham to stay with family would be great.
                2018-
                Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

                2019 -
                NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

                2020 -
                Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                Magellan - Panama Canal

                Comment


                  #9
                  Isn't it strange the only UK country not under Stay At Home order is England and the home nation country with the highest infection rate is England?? Beggars belief!

                  Annie

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                    Hi Jill

                    You may have to rethink April??

                    Annie
                    Yes Annie, I'm guessing we won't be welcome for a while yet- oh well.
                    Jill

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I'd like to go on a Princess cruise up the Norwegian coast. We were going to do that cruise in 2020 but it was cancelled.

                      At one time I was hopeful about this for 2021, but now I'm not.

                      I'd go on any cruise itinerary, provided I could get off in the ports and explore without an excursion.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                        Isn't it strange the only UK country not under Stay At Home order is England and the home nation country with the highest infection rate is England?? Beggars belief!

                        Annie
                        We have been told to stay at home, but between work, caring for elderly parents, shopping.
                        On top of that, getting people to the Doctors for their jabs (more queues) It's not that easy to do .................................................C arol

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                          Isn't it strange the only UK country not under Stay At Home order is England and the home nation country with the highest infection rate is England?? Beggars belief!

                          Annie
                          But doesn't Scotland's stay at home order allow unlimited out door exercise? Not much different to what we have already is it? Additionally, Scots are allowed to meet one other person out doors. We have that already. BJ is on TV tonight at 8.00 pm so we'll see. Looking at graphs of the increase in infections, it all started in Sept. when schools and universities went back. Too much of a coincidence, surely? They all need to be shut now.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                            Hi Everyone

                            Fast Forward a few months, the vast majority have been vaccinated, the World has opened up, and holidays are up and running again (We can hope)

                            Where are you going first? .................................................. ....Carol
                            I admire your optimism, but nothing much will have changed in a few months. The vast majority will still be waiting for a vaccine, and the world won't have opened up. Ask me the same question in 12 months. I can't even think about holidays at the moment. Still trying to get my money back for last year's

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

                              But doesn't Scotland's stay at home order allow unlimited out door exercise? Not much different to what we have already is it? Additionally, Scots are allowed to meet one other person out doors. We have that already. BJ is on TV tonight at 8.00 pm so we'll see. Looking at graphs of the increase in infections, it all started in Sept. when schools and universities went back. Too much of a coincidence, surely? They all need to be shut now.
                              Explain to me then why English tourists are visiting Wales and Scotland - we are not allowed to cross our border. I am restricted to my council district area.

                              Annie
                              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 4th January 2021, 04:08 PM.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X