• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have they given up on 2021?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they given up on 2021?

We are receiving a stream of emails from P&O and Cunard for cruises in 2022. Have they given up on 2021?

I don't think they have given up, but...

...they probably feel that marketing for 2022 is a better use of their money and efforts, for the time being.

A lot of cruisers must be thinking... 'Surely everything will be OK for 2022!'.

Comment

New itineraries released and the marketing there of, begins. All reassuringly normal.

Comment

I’d be surprised if they are giving up on 2021 but realistically, it’s going to be the latter half of 2021 before any cruise line sails again. I hope I’m wrong but we’ve been here before.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
          I’d be surprised if they are giving up on 2021 but realistically, it’s going to be the latter half of 2021 before any cruise line sails again. I hope I’m wrong but we’ve been here before.
          The CDC only permits cruises of 7 days or less from US ports through November 2021.

No B2B cruises are allowed.

So if your preference is for longer cruises, I would suggest 2022 is more realistic.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

The CDC only permits cruises of 7 days or less from US ports through November 2021.

No B2B cruises are allowed.

So if your preference is for longer cruises, I would suggest 2022 is more realistic.

Annie
            Here's a radical idea.

Stay away from the US and ports which don't want you, and sail from Europe. Better still, Southampton.

I believe some cruises are actually longer than two weeks! In fact, get a/some back to back cruise/s going and as long as you don't get chucked off due to Covid, you can stay onboard for as long as the wallet allows!

Personally, two weeks max for us at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Here's a radical idea.

Stay away from the US and ports which don't want you, and sail from Europe. Better still, Southampton.

I believe some cruises are actually longer than two weeks! In fact, get a/some back to back cruise/s going and as long as you don't get chucked off due to Covid, you can stay onboard for as long as the wallet allows!

Personally, two weeks max for us at the moment.
              Which is exactly what I am doing Mrs M. I have 3 cruises booked for 2021 and all sail from the UK. In March a day trip, July 13 days and December 14 days.

I am hopeful that they will all go ahead. Fingers crossed.
              Jill

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                We are receiving a stream of emails from P&O and Cunard for cruises in 2022. Have they given up on 2021?
                News from Australia which may be of interest to those with a bucket list (Not everyone I know JC!)

Cruise industry to introduce tough new COVID-19 measures when ban lifts in December - ABC News

Annie

Comment

Lots of cruisers will have transferred bookings including either deposits or full payment into 2021 cruises, any new or additional bookings they can get for the future will help cash flow.

John

Comment

I was looking to transfer my cancelled PO Easter cruise to September . The price has really increased. I am not prepared to pay the price PO are asking. I have gone for a refund. Let’s wait and see how long I wait. So based purely on price for the months I can travel at the moment I have given up on cruising for 2021. If prices change when we can travel again .I will look to book then.We are not loyal to anyone cruise line, our choice is usually based on itinerary . My gut feeling is all the cruise lines will have to reduce their prices to encourage people to book .As a lot of people will be nervous to cruise next year. In the same way people will feel nervous about flying . Stay safe everyone 🌲

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

News from Australia which may be of interest to those with a bucket list (Not everyone I know JC!)

Cruise industry to introduce tough new COVID-19 measures when ban lifts in December - ABC News

Annie
                      Any different to those already announced(weeks ago) by the CLIA?

Comment

I dont know about reducing prices, I booked last week for a Fred cruise in April and this week prices have already gone up!!hugs to all x heather x

Comment

Well I haven't given up, just booked for Nov 21. Lets see if that happens ............................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                            I hope your wrong too Mike. 🛳🚢
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Friends have booked their second Covid cruise for Jan 2021, a 14night one this time only 7n in Oct, UK people can't go, some of the ROI can.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X