• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being Realistic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.......Carer bubble maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      I wonder, will crew members home countries vaccinate young “healthy” people departing abroad ahead of their older citizens?

Will embarkation port countries permit vaccines, that will be in short supply for quite some time, to be sold to cruise lines to vaccinate foreign nationals?
      Hi John
      Are you saying Big Pharma won’t be allowed to make sales of vaccine to private companies,,only to countries.?
      Are you saying the CEO’s of multinational companies and multi millionaire hedge funders will have to wait in line like the rest of us?

That’s not how the world works....if Carnival Corp wants 1m doses of vaccine,,,they will get 1m doses of vaccine,,,,money talks.

Or am I being cynical?

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
        .......Carer bubble maybe?
        Thanks you are probably correct but I know all 4 home countries don't use the same terms.

BTW I would not have thought, medically, that a household which has someone who is shielding could be in such a bubble??? probably wrong again.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

OK JC I'll bite - what is the career bubble??

Annie
          Hi Annie
          Nothing to bite on,,,,,,,just bad spelling.

ps...I also wrote....’Although it might be a bit risky bringing them into your house after you pick them up with hubby shielding.’

JC
          Last edited by jc, liverpool; Yesterday, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
            Hi Annie
            Nothing to bite on,,,,,,,just bad spelling.

ps...I also wrote....’Although it might be a bit risky bringing them into your house after you pick them up with hubby shielding.’

JC
            Thanks JC but CG says she is unable to drive so should I assume walking?

I know one lady who picks up multiple grandchildren (different households) from school, drives them to her home and operates a mini creche.

BTW her husband is a covid patient, on oxygen, in hospital.

JMO - NUTS!

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

Are you looking forward to Xmas Malcolm? I bet you don't even think Father Xmas goes to your house any more!! (
              No Carol! My least favourite time of the year is New Year's Eve, followed by Christmas.

I don't even like Birthdays - I no longer even have them!

It's all HUMBUG! ;-)
              See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

No Carol! My least favourite time of the year is New Year's Eve, followed by Christmas.

I don't even like Birthdays - I no longer even have them!

It's all HUMBUG! ;-)
                Awww my trees up!! .........................................Carol

Comment

Hi John
                  Are you saying Big Pharma won’t be allowed to make sales of vaccine to private companies,,only to countries.?
                  Are you saying the CEO’s of multinational companies and multi millionaire hedge funders will have to wait in line like the rest of us?

That’s not how the world works....if Carnival Corp wants 1m doses of vaccine,,,they will get 1m doses of vaccine,,,,money talks.

Or am I being cynical?

JC
                  I think you know the answer to your final question.

Imagine the hoo-ha if P&O and Cunard in Southampton are vaccinating thousands of foreign nationals and there is a shortage of vaccines here for the vulnerable.

Comment

Hi John
                    A bit like flu jabs,,,,,,you could never buy flu jabs from the chemist,,,,you can now,even though many who don’t want/can’t are having to wait for one at the surgery.
                    My doctor told me,,,every time Boots gives a paid for flu jab his allocation gets reduced,,,,eventually it will become privatised,,,everyone will pay.

How long will it take to vaccinate the vulnerable?
                    Once thats done there will be vaccines available for sale to the general populace.

Same with testing,,,,people were being offered appointments all over the country for tests,,,,,yet others could have immediate tests if the paid.

Dont know how easy it was to get a test in Germany,,,but TUI paid for their customers to have a test before boarding their ongoing cruises.

Money talks,always has done,always will do.
                    JC

Comment

CDC cautioned: 'It is especially important that people with an increased risk of severe illness avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises.' Not good.

From my casual observations a significant proportion of cruisers outside school holidays fall into that category, knowingly or unknowingly. Like it or not all sorts of things are lurking inside us ready to tax us once we get to our 60’s. There will not be many who are not taking tablets of one sort or another.

Level 3 already advised against ALL cruise travel and the State advisory is still don't travel.

What's the difference between level 3 and level 4 you may ask a summary of some key points.
                      Level 3 Level 4
                      • CDC recommends that travelers defer all cruise travel worldwide.
                      • On April 9, 2020, July 16, 2020, and September 30, 2020, CDC extended the No Sail Order and Suspension of Further Embarkation for ships in U.S. waters.
                      • Widespread ongoing spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has been reported in some countries. Other countries have reported sustained community spread.
                      • Cruise passengers are at increased risk of person-to-person spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, and outbreaks of COVID-19 have been reported on several cruise ships.
                      • Take extra precautions to protect others for 14 days after arrival. See Travelers Returning from Cruise Ship and River Cruise Voyages.
                      • CDC recommends that all people avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide, because the risk of COVID-19 on cruise ships is very high. It is especially important that people with an increased risk of severe illness avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises.
                      • Cruise passengers are at increased risk of person-to-person spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, and outbreaks of COVID-19 have been reported on cruise ships.
                      • Passengers who decide to go on a cruise should get tested 3-5 days after your trip AND stay home for 7 days after travel. Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
                      • If you don't get tested, it's safest to stay home for 14 days after you travel.
                      Recent reports of COVID-19 on cruises highlight the risk of infections to cruise passengers and crew. Like many other viruses, COVID-19 appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters aboard ships and boats. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, there remains a risk of infected passengers and crew on board cruise ships.

Older adults and people of any age with underlying medical conditions such as heart disease, chronic lung disease, and diabetes, are at increased risk of severe illness if infected with the novel coronavirus.
                      At this time, CDC still recommends avoiding any travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide, because the risk of COVID-19 on cruise ships is very high. It is especially important that people with an increased risk of severe illness avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises.

Cruise passengers are at increased risk of person-to-person spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, and outbreaks of COVID-19 have been reported on cruise ships.
                      If you were on a cruise in the past 14 days: Passengers who decide to travel are advised to take the following precautions to protect others for 14 days after their return from a cruise ship or river cruise voyage:
                      • Get tested 3–5 days after your trip AND stay home for 7 days after travel.
                        • Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
                        • If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
                      • If you don't get tested, it's safest to stay home for 14 days after travel.
                      • Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
                      • Always follow state and local recommendations or requirements related to travel.

Comment

I think you know the answer to your final question.

Imagine the hoo-ha if P&O and Cunard in Southampton are vaccinating thousands of foreign nationals and there is a shortage of vaccines here for the vulnerable.
                        Hi John
                        Just watched CNN,,,they report the pharma companies and government say vaccinations in the USA will be done as....
                        Dec...the most vulnerable.
                        April ...the next vulnerable and older cohort.
                        By May 70% of the US population will have been vaccinated.

Thats some vaccines administered in 6 months.
                        JC

Comment

Hi CG
                          You can pick the grandkids up from school if you are the career bubble.
                          Although it might be a bit risky bringing them into your house after you pick them up with hubby shielding.

JC
                          I can't take the chance jc, their parents are living at separate addresses, son works in the docks, and DIL has different bubble , I face time them, or they come into the back garden through the garage and we speak through the window, can't give them a hug or cuddle, They are growing away so fast , Christmas is off the cards also . I wish they would hurry up with vaccine,.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post

I can't take the chance jc, their parents are living at separate addresses, son works in the docks, and DIL has different bubble , I face time them, or they come into the back garden through the garage and we speak through the window, can't give them a hug or cuddle, They are growing away so fast , Christmas is off the cards also . I wish they would hurry up with vaccine,.
                            Hi CG
                            I know how you feel,,,,but it’s the sensible thing to do.

My eldest daughter works in our local hospital,she has worked all the way though this pandemic.
                            She is getting tested 3 times a week and even though negative she won’t risk visiting.

JC

Comment

Hi CG
                              I know how you feel,,,,but it’s the sensible thing to do.

My eldest daughter works in our local hospital,she has worked all the way though this pandemic.
                              She is getting tested 3 times a week and even though negative she won’t risk visiting.

JC
                              Yes my DIL is a nurse and site manager at our only hospital , My OH has to have a eye op next week , she is taking him over and bringing him back [she is tested regularly also[ so I have to trust her to take him , we are still very low here [fingers crossed]] the numbers began to rise after they allowed visitors in for half-term and the students back . we only have the one hospital i Cornwall , still we will hibernate , but I do hope I can cruise come 29th May !!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                                I’m hoping that once the covid vaccine programme has completed with at least a 70% uptake we will be able to get back to a near as possible normal life. I do think that countries will ask for proof of vaccination before entry.
                                https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-a...cid=Social-ACA

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X