• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of luxury cruising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of luxury cruising

This was the third and final presentation in the series. It featured speakers from Regent, Azamara and Oceania and they all did a good job of explaining the benefits of luxury cruises. They were not at all specific about what additional precautions would be put in place, because they didn't expect to be sailing until the spring and would decide nearer the time what would be needed. They stressed on line check in but very little more.

Husband was impressed with the idea of using our travel budget for fewer but more luxurious cruises, but neither of us is ready to book at the moment in spite of some supposedly great offers. I need to do some research to find out how much we would be paying for these 'great offers', but I am naturally suspicious! Even so, being on a ship with reckless Americans isn't on my radar.

Sheila

We’ve sailed with Oceania twice, had one cancelled this year but have another booked for next April, which my fingers and toes are crossed that it will go ahead. 🀞🏻🀞🏻
    We love the small ships with their country casual style, their wonderful food, free specialty restaurants, great service and of course their 2 happy hours of two of the same drinks for the price of one! For me the only downside is the very low-key entertainment.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I would choose quality over quantity any time. We have sailed with Seabourn for ten years and would go back in a heartbeat. After sailing AI we have become accustomed to having a zero on the account at the end of the cruise. From the second I set foot on the gangplank, I’m home.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
        We’ve sailed with Oceania twice, had one cancelled this year but have another booked for next April, which my fingers and toes are crossed that it will go ahead. 🀞🏻🀞🏻
        We love the small ships with their country casual style, their wonderful food, free specialty restaurants, great service and of course their 2 happy hours of two of the same drinks for the price of one! For me the only downside is the very low-key entertainment.
        We've sailed with Oceania twice too and like you enjoyed the fabulous food, wonderful service and the casual style. It's a few years since we sailed with them and I have to say I rather liked the entertainment. There were some great musicians and I remember an excellent comedian who played to the UK passengers too.

If we ever sail again I think it will be with Oceania. Their changes to cope with the Covid virus seem to be good, the even lower passenger numbers, new Hepa filtration systems of medical standard in every stateroom, no handling of food by passengers (always the case in their buffets) and lots more. The ships will probably not be the problem as usual it will be people that cause the problems.

The prices of Oceania cruises I've looked at over the past three months have been creeping up. Maybe people are getting desperate for a cruise. I'd like a cruise but I'm not desperate.

Comment

Never sailed with Oceania, but really hoping to have another cruise holiday at some point. Like some others, we are very unsure of how cruises will work in the future and maybe going on the smaller cruiseline route is the thing to do. We like the non formality of lines like Royal Caribbean and NCL, but are very happy to do
          smart casual at meals, just don't like formal dining, ie tux or suit and evening dresses. Would this work on Oceania for example?

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post
            Never sailed with Oceania, but really hoping to have another cruise holiday at some point. Like some others, we are very unsure of how cruises will work in the future and maybe going on the smaller cruiseline route is the thing to do. We like the non formality of lines like Royal Caribbean and NCL, but are very happy to do
            smart casual at meals, just don't like formal dining, ie tux or suit and evening dresses. Would this work on Oceania for example?

Barb
            It would certainly on Viking, who offer that small ship, relaxed experience

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

We've sailed with Oceania twice too and like you enjoyed the fabulous food, wonderful service and the casual style. It's a few years since we sailed with them and I have to say I rather liked the entertainment. There were some great musicians and I remember an excellent comedian who played to the UK passengers too.

If we ever sail again I think it will be with Oceania. Their changes to cope with the Covid virus seem to be good, the even lower passenger numbers, new Hepa filtration systems of medical standard in every stateroom, no handling of food by passengers (always the case in their buffets) and lots more. The ships will probably not be the problem as usual it will be people that cause the problems.

The prices of Oceania cruises I've looked at over the past three months have been creeping up. Maybe people are getting desperate for a cruise. I'd like a cruise but I'm not desperate.
              The reason I said the low key entertainment was because we always ended up either missing it or going to the evening show just before it ended as we sat with friends in the GDR far too long bleathering with friends! πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post

Barb
                Oceania is country casual in the evening. No DJ or evening dress needed any night. It’s definitely not a stuffy cruiseline.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X