• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time to get the big guns out now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to get the big guns out now

Hello all still not had my refund..... 114 days now, I had a phone call 3 weeks ago to say I would be paid in 14 working days.... ( what constitutes a working day now? ) that time was up on wed, phoned yesterday, was kept waiting for 57 mins for somebody to say " we are doing what we can, sorry " when I said I wanted to speak to anybody who pay my money back to me i was told somebody would call me.... HUH I took my phone everywhere with me in case I missed it, nothing, told them today that unless my money has been processed by monday midday I am calling in Watchdog, Rip off britain and uncle tom cobbley an all. So I live in hope x hugs to all x x heather

Threaten them with small claims court. Write review on Trust Pilot, giving them one star - they monitor this site.

Comment

Check out the numerous threads on Tripadvisor Cruising Forums section.

Annie

Comment

So frustrating isn't it. I was told my refund would be coming, got my credit card statement, it wasn't on there. One side saying it has been sent CC saying they haven't got it. So much messing around ................................................Ca rol

Comment

Really hacked off now. As I say if its not sorted by money I will be calling in every consumer programme going, its the uncaring attitude that is soooo annoying. Just had a look on trip advisor and it seems iglu are THE worst... Never again will I use or recommend them... good luck with yours carol and congrats on your promotion x x x hugs x

Comment

I had to threaten BA that I was having my CC take up my refund and low and behold my money was paid back within 72hrs.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

got all my hopes pinned on monday................. just hope they dont go under before I got my money back!

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
                Really hacked off now. As I say if its not sorted by money I will be calling in every consumer programme going, its the uncaring attitude that is soooo annoying. Just had a look on trip advisor and it seems iglu are THE worst... Never again will I use or recommend them... good luck with yours carol and congrats on your promotion x x x hugs x
                Good luck. I'm trying to get some flight money back from them. They've been ducking and diving for months, saying I wasn't entitled to a refund. They have now agreed I am entitled to a refund, but say it will be 90 days. I'm not holding my breath!

Comment

If and when things settle down, we will be thinking very carefully about who we book with and how, a lot of organisations may have managed a short term gain but at an enormous long term cost to their business.

Comment

Reading about the woes many folk have had, reinforces my belief, the agent, if you use one, is just as important as the travel booked because come a crisis, that's when the excellent agents show their true value.

Comment

so true Mrs M, so true, you believe the people you use are really good until the poo hits the fan........................x

Comment

best of luck with that pete x I have been given about six diffrent dates now, still hopefully tomorrow, I just hope someone has read my email!!!!! x x

Comment

Hi Ev
                          Been there got the t shirt...
                          I waited 121 days for my refund from P&O,,,,you will draw level with me tomorrow

It won’t make the slightest bit of difference writing reviews on Trip Advisor or Trust Pilot,,,thousands are doing that every day.

If you don’t need the money now,,better just wait rather than get all worked up about it.

You could play on their good nature and tell them you are going to be evicted this week or your hamster has died and you can’t afford the funeral,,,failing that tell them calmly you are sending someone round to break their finger nails,,,or better still sit down and have a nice...
                          JC
                          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

thank you jc x did tell them I cant pay the mortgage anymore and am about to get the baliffs in.... OH just wants to go mad with a shotgun.... x x

Comment

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...taff-over-jobs

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X