• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Carol
    All these pessimists,,,,you are talking 2022,,,,,if this thing is still with us in 2022 we are all in big trouble.

I think these Long haul trips are better when your are young enough to enjoy them,and you are young enough,so go for it I say.

As you get older I think tootling around the Med or Baltic’s is fine....at 75 in 2022 these Long haul cruises are not for me,I struggle to get her indoors on a plane to the Isle of Man these days.

It looks a great trip,,,as the Americans say,,,,,You blog the trip and we oldies will do it vicariously through you.

JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi Carol
      All these pessimists,,,,you are talking 2022,,,,,if this thing is still with us in 2022 we are all in big trouble.

I think these Long haul trips are better when your are young enough to enjoy them,and you are young enough,so go for it I say.

As you get older I think tootling around the Med or Baltic’s is fine....at 75 in 2022 these Long haul cruises are not for me,I struggle to get her indoors on a plane to the Isle of Man these days.

It looks a great trip,,,as the Americans say,,,,,You blog the trip and we oldies will do it vicariously through you.

JC
      Hey, less of the oldies!! We will be 80 in 2022, but are still hoping to go back to Australia and New Zealand. For us, short cruises are not worth the cost of flights, so anything less than 14 days is ruled out. Like Annie I am glad we saw Asia, both by land and sea, before the pandemic.
      Sheila

Comment

One booked for June 2021,Iceland and booked a cheeky week for our birthdays in April 2022. Really miss having something to look forward to.

Comment

Carol - many thanks for posting a useful line on future cruising and thus prompting some helpful comments. We are stressing about late 2021 and early 2022 cruises, especially given Cunard’s recent itinerary changes.

Comment

Originally posted by tdb, Brentwood View Post
            Carol - many thanks for posting a useful line on future cruising and thus prompting some helpful comments. We are stressing about late 2021 and early 2022 cruises, especially given Cunard’s recent itinerary changes.
            I'v always been a cup half full type of person, and I think if you do see a bargain for late 21/22 you need to grab it. When everything finally gets the go ahead I think a lot of people are going to want to book things, and bargains will be in short supply. .................................................. ...............Carol

Comment

A few years ago we enjoyed a long haul flight to Singapore via Dubai to pick up a cruise to Australia & New Zealand. We were surprised that the flights caused less hassle than going to Florida as we could fly from Newcastle. It was a long way to go and felt it was only worth it for a long cruise and stay and we really enjoyed it. However we found that we didn't like being away from home for 35 days, I was ready for home after the Australia leg.

To be honest like JC I think we'll be sticking to Europe from now for land and cruise holidays, although if the virus situation doesn't improve we will just continue to stay at home.

On the cruise side I think I'd go back to sailing with Oceania after looking at the changes they are making to their ships. Their ships are already small in comparison to most and the reduction in numbers of passengers doesn't bother me, I hate crowds!
              Last edited by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear; 9th September 2020, 11:29 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X