• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are we?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are we?

Hi Everyone

I know we have done this before, but while we have all had our wings clipped a bit, and we are waiting to venture out cruising again, have you got any pictures, from recent days out -

How lovely is this, but where is it? .................................................. ...............Carol

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
    Hi Everyone

I know we have done this before, but while we have all had our wings clipped a bit, and we are waiting to venture out cruising again, have you got any pictures, from recent days out -

How lovely is this, but where is it? .................................................. ...............Carol
    Is it Sandsend beach near Whitby?

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

Is it Sandsend beach near Whitby?
      No, it's in the South .................................................. ....................Carol

Comment

Wherever it is, it’s lovely. Unlike here today ☔️☔️☔️😢

Comment

No, it's in the South .................................................. ....................Carol
          I was just about to post if the beach is south of Manchester, I have not a clue

I know it is not Brighton and the only sandy southern beaches I know of Weymouth, Durdle Door and St Ives.

Bottom line: I don't have a clue

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
            Wherever it is, it’s lovely. Unlike here today ☔️☔️☔️😢
            It was taken a few weeks back, its stopped raining here, but has got pretty windy now ..........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I was just about to post if the beach is south of Manchester, I have not a clue

I know it is not Brighton and the only sandy southern beaches I know of Weymouth, Durdle Door and St Ives.

Bottom line: I don't have a clue

Annie
              I guess its more South East than South, and the Suffolk/Norfolk/Lincolnshire coast line has some lovely sandy beaches ....................................Carol

Comment

Whitby is South

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

I know you went to Frinton?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                    I know you went to Frinton?
                    We did, and this isn't far away, it's Walton on the Naze .................................................. ....Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Whitby is South

LMM
                      I guess it would be for you .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

I guess it would be for you .................................................. .........Carol

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Whitby is South

LMM

Nope!

Comment

We're in Dunster, just outside Minehead at the moment. No photos I'm afraid, but just been for a drive across Exmoor which was beautiful and alive with purple heather and yellow flowers. Broom? Stopped to have a walk around Dulverton and had the best bacon butty ever in a little cafe there. Bit windy, but largely dry. The sea at Dunster beach reminded me of our last cruise to the Azores. Wild and beautiful.

Comment

We did, and this isn't far away, it's Walton on the Naze .................................................. ....Carol

Hi Carol

I took this photo on our last walk along the promenade to Walton On The Naze from Frinton, the pier at Walton in the distance.

The second photo shows the Port of Harwich/ Felixstowe in the distance from up from the Naze.

If you have the energy or fit enough you can walk all the way along the promenade from Clacton to Walton On The Naze past Holland on sea and Frinton On Sea along the way.

23CDD3C8-6DBB-4113-A590-6F9DA3BB6A43.jpeg

AB1E587B-71B8-4F9A-8DE6-B9CE1E728BD9.jpeg
                              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 25th August 2020, 01:30 PM.
                              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X