• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year's cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a trip on Waverley a few years ago. We paid for a ticket from Portsmouth to Fishbourne, but the sea was too rough so we went round to The Needles. That was actually my preference anyway, it was my friend who didn't want to go that far.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

The video was interesting, but I would like to have seen the disembarkation at Llandudno pier. It must have been hair raising. I envisaged a rope ladder, but probably not. Llandudno to Puffin Island and back would be enough for me, preferably at high tide.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
        Just booked this year's substitute cruise as our real one was cancelled.

Going on Friday 4 September from Glasgow to Rothesay and back on PS Waverley (again). Fingers crossed we get decent weather.

For those not familiar, PS Waverley is the world's only ocean going paddle steamer. It hasn't sailed for a couple of years as the boiler broke, but today sees the first sailing this year, but only for three weeks.

Stewart
        Great substitute BigMac. Glad to see she’s back on the Clyde all shinny and raring to go. I see her Glasgow to Rothesay was cancelled today do to an unexpected technical and admin problem.

Hope the weather is at least dry for your trip doon the watter.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We had a cracking day out on her in 2014 going from Clevedon to Lunday Island and back. The smell of the boiler room is something htat will stick with me.

Really pleased to hear she is almost back 100%.

P1050566.JPG P1050589.JPG
          www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

She featured on Channel 4 last night in Great Canal Journeys. Timothy West and Prunella Scales were sailing in the West Country which held many wartime memories for them. They also took a trip on the Waverley and he was shown down in the engine room. They said they’ve sailed on her many times and have been patrons for a few decades. It was nice to see the boat in action....albeit briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
              She featured on Channel 4 last night in Great Canal Journeys. Timothy West and Prunella Scales were sailing in the West Country which held many wartime memories for them. They also took a trip on the Waverley and he was shown down in the engine room. They said they’ve sailed on her many times and have been patrons for a few decades. It was nice to see the boat in action....albeit briefly.
              Anyone can view the engine room, once below deck there is a passageway either side to get get you from aft to stern with viewing areas into the engine room. I spent ages there just watching, listening and smelling. Absolutely fascinating to watch it all.

P1050786.jpg P1050790.jpg P1050793.jpg P1050778.jpg
              www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

. 6176107F-CD26-4A17-BB34-C0E4F3C3C393.png 11BE0C89-CED4-45C1-96AE-5AFE260A8F0A.png

the Waverley on her first trip doon the watter in 2 years. Saturday 22nd Aug. First photo in Glasgow and the second going under the Erskine Bridge. 💕
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Found this photo posted on Flik’r taken 24/08/20

E6F69E84-CC88-43B9-A51C-2720FD24EB67.jpeg
                  Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Portillo is on her at this very moment on his GB Railjourneys on Yesterday..

Garf

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-54011504

Comment

More than annoying!

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy