• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no cruising for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no cruising for me

No one was a more avid cruiser than me but i have lost all appetite for it now. Even when or if cruising returns I am not sure i will be keen to go. Anyone else feel the same?

Not yet, I can't wait to get back on a ship.

I am really missing it and will take all the FCO advice but I still love the feeling you get arriving at a port to board a ship and the excitement of setting sail.

With what we have cancelled then theoretically our next cruise is December so we will have to see what happens but the desire to cruise is still there...Carol

Comment

Somewhere in between, we have the Viking Presidents cruise in January, 7 days that is "free" and another booked for October 2021, that was moved from this year. My/our concerns are more about the flights than the cruise given that Viking Ocean ships have always seemed uncrowded.

If for any reason either or both dont go ahead we would be happy to have the decision made for us

John

Comment

Unfortunately, my OH lost the desire for a cruise last year , so the lockdown makes no difference to him in that respect.

Fortunately for me however, I have a friend who wants to cruise having lost her hubby a few years ago. She is still shielding until the end of this month but is keen to see what Fred offer as a replacement for the Canada/US trip in September.

We are looking at what we can do next year. Bearing in mind that neither of us want to fly, we are considering a round Britain cruise on Queen Victoria from Southampton in May.
        Jill

Comment

I’m actually sat here looking at Celeb cruises to use my fcc on and waiting for a phone call from my agent to lift my Anthem cruise this year to next year

I can’t wait to get back on board as long as there are excellent health measures and precautions in place which I’m sure there will be.

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
            I’m actually sat here looking at Celeb cruises to use my fcc on and waiting for a phone call from my agent to lift my Anthem cruise this year to next year

I can’t wait to get back on board as long as there are excellent health measures and precautions in place which I’m sure there will be.
            Me too. I am confident that all cruise lines will take the necessary precautions before they set sail again, they will lose their reputation and future bookings if they don't.

Jill

Comment

I can’t cruise again, but if a Seabourn cruise was available and my health was OK I would pack today and board tomorrow. It is not going to happen more’s the pity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                I can’t cruise again, but if a Seabourn cruise was available and my health was OK I would pack today and board tomorrow. It is not going to happen more’s the pity.
                What about a cruise around Britain or a cruise around the Scottish Islands? At least if you became unwell and needed the NHS, you would have it and not be too far off medical treatment at all times. There are lovely cruises around the country. I am not sure how this would work for you, but would be a good compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
                  Not yet, I can't wait to get back on a ship.

I am really missing it and will take all the FCO advice but I still love the feeling you get arriving at a port to board a ship and the excitement of setting sail.

With what we have cancelled then theoretically our next cruise is December so we will have to see what happens but the desire to cruise is still there...Carol
                  Agree entirely. Up to the FCO now as far as we're concerned. Given the green light, we'll be onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

What about a cruise around Britain or a cruise around the Scottish Islands? At least if you became unwell and needed the NHS, you would have it and not be too far off medical treatment at all times. There are lovely cruises around the country. I am not sure how this would work for you, but would be a good compromise.
                    The islanders would love that suggestion ..... not!

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                      No one was a more avid cruiser than me but i have lost all appetite for it now. Even when or if cruising returns I am not sure i will be keen to go. Anyone else feel the same?
                      I am not in that place ... yet.

What deters me from travelling just now is the thought of wearing a mask continuously for 8 hours or longer on the journey to any embarkation point.

In Scotland, it is strongly hinted that the compulsory wearing of masks in shops etc is likely to continue for some time. I wear one as required but like others find them uncomfortable. Yes I may get to used to it.

Wait and see.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                        I haven't quite thrown in the towel but have to at least consider that I may have taken my last cruise. I wouldn't book any cruise at any price right now and pay only scant attention to the never to be repeated offers which seem to be repeated on an almost daily basis. Even if cruising does resume I have no interest whatever in socially distanced cruising. The protocols we have seen so far are totally impractical in my opinion. The easing of lockdown here may give the impression that we are getting on top of Covid. We are not. Globally, it's worse than ever and cruising, from both an itinerary and crewing standpoint, is international. I'll wait a bit longer but my interest is waning.
                        Logic will get you from A to B.
                        Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

I’m sure when the dust settles and we get back to some form of normality, cruising will be back on the holiday agenda once again. For the moment, I’m disregarding all the Celebrity emails I’m receiving with offers that are changing weekly. As others have said, cruise ships will undoubtedly be one of the safest places to stay with all the health and safety protocols in place. It’s just convincing my wife that’s the issue. I don’t see us cruising for at least another year.

Comment

Our next booked cruise is on QV at Xmas . will we be on it who knows , things seem to be changing daily , There is an article in the MOS , that says there is no reason why cruises are stopped , and that you will now be safer on ships than on shore . food for thought ,

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

I think these cruises will rise in popularity for UK residents, especially those who either sail without travel insurance [and I have met some who don't have insurance] or who do have medical issues. I can recommend them as we have done four. Two in May [brilliant weather Jill!] and two in July- dreadful weather for one of them. All four were a great R&R two weeks, even with the July fog, ice, hail, lightening, rain, storms and one nice day as we sailed past Anglesey...

I'm sure if the ships are still sailing in years to come, we'll fit in another one.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X