• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    I cruise for itinerary preferably from continent to continent. e.g. starting in Asia and ending in North America or from the southern hemisphere to northern hemisphere. I try and imagine what it must have been like for those 1st sailors on those 1st sailings. It must have been fun to try and discover new routes.

Availability of sun loungers around the pool - I couldn't care.

Food - as long as I can find something to eat - I am good with that.

Prefer live music to theatre and once I have tested every bar to find the best cocktail barman, I am sorted.

Annie
    YES! Although I do enjoy a light but tasty dinner each evening.

Comment

Sea days we are off the ship as soon as possible. Having researched beforehand what we want to see and where we want to go, and how to go about it, in each port we start on our explorations. If we cannot sensibly do this on our own we will do so through a ships tour but diy is preferable for more flexibility and bettter use of time. Even if we have been somewhere before there is always more to see and do. Back on board as late as possible having made the most of a port. We also cruise for an itinerary and to travel the world, which we have been fortunate in doing.

We enjoy sea days also,when we go to the talks, concerts, eat and walk the decks. Not ones to sit! When we do its to read libary books.

Boring? Well each to their own. Cruises are for seeing and doing, we can sit back at home.

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
        Sea days we are off the ship as soon as possible. Having researched beforehand what we want to see and where we want to go, and how to go about it, in each port we start on our explorations. If we cannot sensibly do this on our own we will do so through a ships tour but diy is preferable for more flexibility and bettter use of time. Even if we have been somewhere before there is always more to see and do. Back on board as late as possible having made the most of a port. We also cruise for an itinerary and to travel the world, which we have been fortunate in doing.

We enjoy sea days also,when we go to the talks, concerts, eat and walk the decks. Not ones to sit! When we do its to read libary books.

Boring? Well each to their own. Cruises are for seeing and doing, we can sit back at home.
        On sea days, do you jump overboard and swim to shore?

Comment

Hardly, husband doesnt swim anyway.

Comment

Well apparently someone in the 'know' reckons Ionas 'maiden' will be a shake down some time in October. I won't hold my breath, so we shall see ...........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

👍 Saved me typing all of that on the iPad 😊
              I’m glad I was of some help in reducing RSI. 😀😂😂
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X