• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the Beginning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Bill
    I have read somewhere Clacton and Jaywick have some of the highest crime rates in England.

JC

Not Biting JC
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

For the past six or seven years, we and a group of friends have an annual pilgrimage to Chester for a weekend, usually with a stay in Chester and a night elsewhere like Liverpool, Manchester and a shopping trip to Cheshire Oaks. This year was no exception, we had a great weekend away with a stay at Peckforton Castle Hotel built as a medieval castle with thick stone walls and stone staircases huge high ceilings followed by a night in the Queens in Chester where they have a concierge at breakfast serving bucks fizz as you enter the breakfast room and a huge log fire in the lounge.

We plan lots of these types of trips throughout the year and I'm really missing this as much as cruising.

Comment

We had almost 5 weeks away jan feb sailing crom Australia to Sri Lanka. When we got back we couldn't stand the cold so booked a week on Marella Dream around Spain. We got home March 8th, Spain locked down on 14th. We consider ourselves very lucky to have had 2 holidays and got home safely.

It is our wedding anniversary tomorrow. We would normally be away but didnt book anything for this year as i was going to do a 50k charity bike ride in London which would have been tonight.

Comment

We had an enjoyable holiday on Viking Star at the beginning of the year sailing from Barcelona to Tilbury with a London extension.

Seems sooooo long ago.

Bill

946B33EE-8A4A-4E5E-8762-66E05BFB32FC.jpeg
          2C787226-8B4A-46BF-B5A5-BF0F748D1E38.jpeg
          AE1D0972-A432-4D95-B117-8E37A669C425.jpeg
          94EEBEB2-EA11-4288-BFB4-61A57E247080.jpeg

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
            We had almost 5 weeks away jan feb sailing crom Australia to Sri Lanka. When we got back we couldn't stand the cold so booked a week on Marella Dream around Spain. We got home March 8th, Spain locked down on 14th. We consider ourselves very lucky to have had 2 holidays and got home safely.

It is our wedding anniversary tomorrow. We would normally be away but didnt book anything for this year as i was going to do a 50k charity bike ride in London which would have been tonight.
            I picked the 15th Dream trip it was a better price,
            that never happened cancelled on the 13 March.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

I picked the 15th Dream trip it was a better price,
              that never happened cancelled on the 13 March.
              That was bad luck. We were originally looking at the end of March but pleased we decided to go earlier. We are tentatively thinking about having a few weeks in India when it is safe to travel. Think it will be a long time before we cruise again.

Comment

That was bad luck. We were originally looking at the end of March but pleased we decided to go earlier. We are tentatively thinking about having a few weeks in India when it is safe to travel. Think it will be a long time before we cruise again.

Been very tempted by your India experiences, especially the longer term winter stays.
                Need to work on the OH.

Comment

It is a wonderful place. Have you been watching the Thomas brothers on TV? It really made me want to go back seeing thr beautiful beaches in Goa and the colourful chaos in Mumbai. I have been watching The real Marigold Hotel as well. I havent been to Pondicherry. It looks very French.

Comment

Interesting take, as I would still be more worried about flying, especially long haul, than take a cruise if and when it's considered safe to travel.

Comment

Thanks, will give the Thomson bros. a look.
                      The OH has a cousin that goes a lot they have family&friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Interesting take, as I would still be more worried about flying, especially long haul, than take a cruise if and when it's considered safe to travel.
                        yes i am very worried about flying That is why we wont be going until it is safe to travel I dont think i will ever feel realky safe on a ship again. I have seen the dirty people who dont wash their hands and it is duch s confined space on board

Comment

yes i am very worried about flying That is why we wont be going until it is safe to travel I dont think i will ever feel realky safe on a ship again. I have seen the dirty people who dont wash their hands and it is duch s confined space on board
                          Relating purely to the cruises we have booked, Cunard will not be able to duck this issue if they wish to continue in business and I am seriously hoping they give all their face to face staff a clear remit to challenge what will be seen as hygiene anti social behaviour and will follow up passengers not abiding by any new guidelines, with possible sanctions. If they show a clear set of guidelines and hygiene related ''upgrades'' [for want of a better term] we will feel confident taking cruises again.
                          Perversely, I won't feel the same confidence in taking a long flight.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X