• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the Beginning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Beginning

Hi Everyone

At the beginning of 2020 I was lucky enough to go to Feurteventura for a week. It wasn't a cruise, as our last one due to go last December was cancelled too. Like the one I should be on now

Did any of you manage to get away at the beginning of 2020? .................................................. ............Carol

Hi Carol, we had a Marella cruise around the Canaries in early January. The weather was lovely and I am so pleased that we could go. Have already cancelled our 2 planned holidays for this year as they were June and July. Hopefully we can do something next year. May consider a driving trip in France, depends on the situation obviously.

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
      Hi Everyone

At the beginning of 2020 I was lucky enough to go to Feurteventura for a week. It wasn't a cruise, as our last one due to go last December was cancelled too. Like the one I should be on now

Did any of you manage to get away at the beginning of 2020? .................................................. ............Carol

HI Carol

Yes I did - on the 2nd January for a few days in northern Scotland - it seems a lifetime ago.

My June land trip 'down South' has been cancelled and after Easyjet's announcement this morning, I have been researching rescheduling my flights - the 1st time in weeks I have looked at holidays.

I am becoming increasing hopeful for my September Italian trip. BBC news report last night showed Lake Como - that is included in my September itinerary. Fingers crossed.

Annie

Comment

Funny you should ask that Carol as we were only talking about that at work the other day. My husband and I were fortunate enough to go to Gran Canaria for a week A/I at Playa Del Ingles. We had a week of glorious sunshine and pretty good food in a lovely big room facing the sea. Yes, we were sometimes on pins as we had only heard about that hotel in Tenerife having to lockdown the week before so we were even more aware of hand hygiene than usual. It seems a long time ago now.

Take care and stay well. Helen 143397A4-47C1-47A0-A6ED-D70C4443AB80.jpeg

Comment

We were up in Oban staying in our favourite hotel, The Manor House, for 3 nights to celebrate my birthday. The weather was wet and very cold but the company ie hubby the drink and the food were excellent.

our April cruise was cancelled. I’m guessing and hoping our June Prague holiday will be cancelled too. Our flights are with easyJet and I see they are going to be back in service on 15th June, our flight out is 14th June.

all the time during lockdown, except for a few days here and there, have been warm and sunny so I feel as if I’ve had one long holiday as we’re not used to good weather lasting for more than a few days in Scotland. 🙈😂😂🙈
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We were in UK for Christmas and New Year, then went to Cuba for a week in mid January. We almost didn't book Cuba because it was so close to our Christmas trip, but we are really glad that we did have a holiday in the sun before the lock down.

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post
              Hi Carol, we had a Marella cruise around the Canaries in early January. The weather was lovely and I am so pleased that we could go. Have already cancelled our 2 planned holidays for this year as they were June and July. Hopefully we can do something next year. May consider a driving trip in France, depends on the situation obviously.

Barb
              How lovely I haven't been on a cruise for so long .................................................. .Carol

Comment

We usually go to the Caribbean in March, but didn't this year. Quite glad really. We could have been caught up in all the virus mayhem. To be honest, I think I could manage perfectly well without holidays. My OH begs to differ!

Comment

2 weeks golf in Agadir, great weather and we got the message when we were there, early Feb that Viking had cancelled our March China trip, the rest they say is history

Comment

I got back from 5 days in Fuerteventura the week before lockdown - the weather was fantastic. It was a quick break ladies only to celebrate 2 special birthday this year . My friend and I were amazed the hotel was brilliant spotless clean . The food was as good as we had in a 5 star Mexican hotel, in November last year . It was all inclusive as well - hotel and flight booked separately. Total cost £467.00 . We were all amazed at how good it was - there was 8 of us all different ages and with different budgets. You could have gone and not spent a penny all the time you were there . It made us question how much more we spend to have a weeks holiday on a cruise ship 🚢 and what is the best value for money for a quick break in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                      We usually go to the Caribbean in March, but didn't this year. Quite glad really. We could have been caught up in all the virus mayhem. To be honest, I think I could manage perfectly well without holidays. My OH begs to differ!
                      TBH when the weather is as good as it's been, I think Britain can give any Country a run for its money. But it's good to get away during our drab winters ..........................................Carol

Comment

I agree Carol, I live in North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 it’s beautiful. But we just can,t guarantee the weather . I am sure if we had guaranteed sun in the summer months most people would stay in the uk for holidays .

Comment

Originally posted by Flintshirelady, Rhyl View Post
                          I agree Carol, I live in North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 it’s beautiful. But we just can,t guarantee the weather . I am sure if we had guaranteed sun in the summer months most people would stay in the uk for holidays .
                          I was speaking with a retired BA exec. a couple of summers ago and asked him if he had been on holiday recently given his BA benefits. No he replied. Nothing would get him to holiday abroad in the summer and miss the best of what little good weather we get in the UK.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

He probably has the right idea . I tend to do a cruise in the spring or summer, then hotel holidays in the winter . Or a cruise in the Caribbean. But that is depending on price - the Caribbean cruises can be poor value for money, compared to a hotel holiday - at least in my humble opinion. After all I am only chasing the sun for a bit of warm weather 🌞

Comment

We were very lucky to go on a 10 night cruise to New Orleans in February. Weather has actually been warmer here than it was on that cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X