• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New USA Rules for Air Travel for Cruise Passengers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New USA Rules for Air Travel for Cruise Passengers

Hi All

Not really a surprise.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/05/p...ers/index.html

Annie

No, but what would be a surprise would be that anyone was actually going on a cruise at all just now.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
      No, but what would be a surprise would be that anyone was actually going on a cruise at all just now.
      However the new rules will impact crew who are on board cruise ships sitting just off Miami or wherever.

Annie

Comment

I think these restrictions will be in place for sometime

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

However the new rules will impact crew who are on board cruise ships sitting just off Miami or wherever.

Annie
          Hi Annie
          I have heard RCL and Celebrity are to use a couple of ships to take crew home,they will be tendering crews from ships off Florida to the ships,,,,,,then off on a cruise to Bali,Manila and one other port I have forgotten where to get Indian crew home.

JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Annie
            I have heard RCL and Celebrity are to use a couple of ships to take crew home,they will be tendering crews from ships off Florida to the ships,,,,,,then off on a cruise to Bali,Manila and one other port I have forgotten where to get Indian crew home.

JC
            They should not be sending them home many cruise lines are still planning to resume operation soon...

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...t-service.html

Comment

Not a snowball in hells chance for nearly all of them.
              Some lazy journo has taken those dates off each of the websites as they stand.

Garf

Comment

Hi Garf
                Quite right.
                Early May dates is just a ploy to keep hold of cash,,,,,they don't want to say Aug 1st,,,the cashrefunds would bankrupt them in a week
                I hear some cruise companies have moved to a 90 day payback timeframe on cancellation refunds.

JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi jc
                  I most certainly won't be taking an FCC for our cruise end of May.
                  It would only pay for one of us at the silly prices being asked by RCI for Anthem.

Garf.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi Garf
                    Quite right.
                    Early May dates is just a ploy to keep hold of cash,,,,,they don't want to say Aug 1st,,,the cashrefunds would bankrupt them in a week
                    I hear some cruise companies have moved to a 90 day payback timeframe on cancellation refunds.

JC
                    Is the 90 day timeline not similar to what ABTA is lobbying the government to adopt??

Annie

Comment

I thought ABTA were advocating FCC vouchers, if not used within 2 years then cash back.
                      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I am awaiting excursions cash back from P&O and have been told it’s 60 days.

I managed to cancel one excursion via my cruise personaliser before I cancelled cruise, but it would not let me cancel the other three.

The one I managed to cancel was paid back to my Credit card within 2 weeks.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                          I thought ABTA were advocating FCC vouchers, if not used within 2 years then cash back.
                          Don't know Delboy. All I do know is that unless the current legislation has been amended, if a cruise/holiday is cancelled, the customer is entitled to a refund within 14 days.

They want to amend the rules and deprive customers of their money for longer periods. If I was impacted and paid by cc, I would be contacting my cc company.

Annie

PS A FCC is useless if the operator becomes insolvent within 2 years!
                          Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 6th April 2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                            Hi jc
                            I most certainly won't be taking an FCC for our cruise end of May.
                            It would only pay for one of us at the silly prices being asked by RCI for Anthem.

Garf.
                            I haven’t even looked at future cruises, but surely it would make more sense for cruiselines to offer sensible prices, if only to get people to accept the FCC. Wh aren’t they doing thst?

Comment

They can only offer a FCC over a refund if it is protected.

ABTA say protection has been extended for credit notes upto July 31st If the original booking had protection.
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X