• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will all the Cruise Lines survive??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    I only looked at a few prices and gave up they needed to be bargains as any booking is just a place holder pending return to business and new itineraries.

    Don't forget that moving a cruise will probably count as a new booking, check your travel insurance covers any new bookings.
    Mine doesn't forCovid19 because it is now a known event.....Admiral were on that case straight away.

    Garf.

    Comment


      #47
      Plan Ahead to 2021 And Take Advantage Of Cruise Prices Never Been Seen Before

      Today’s first email from cruise dot. You can interpret that any which way!

      Comment


        #48
        Saudi bought 8% of Carnival.

        That may put a stall on further drops.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Saudi bought 8% of Carnival.

          That may put a stall on further drops.
          Could be a tough sell with the new alcohol policies and dress code for ladies😂😂

          Comment


            #50
            Further winding down of operations.

            RCCL lay off and furlough 26% of US staff.

            https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKCN21Y02S

            Comment


              #51
              https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news...-bernard-meyer

              Comment


                #52
                Another slap on carnival

                https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...hips-sail/amp/

                Another don't cruise again article won't help confidence.
                https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...sengers-future

                Comment


                  #53
                  Crikey. All this doom and gloom doesn't lift the spirits does it?
                  Jill

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                    Crikey. All this doom and gloom doesn't lift the spirits does it?
                    Read the Mail Online [for that balanced view on life] and take on-board all it says, and it's a case of ''might as well slit my throat now'' scenario,

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

                      Read the Mail Online [for that balanced view on life] and take on-board all it says, and it's a case of ''might as well slit my throat now'' scenario,
                      Which is precisely why I don't read it.

                      For our own personal sanity we keep ourselves amused with hobbies and chatting (lightheartedly) to friends and family on the phone.
                      Jill

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                        I thought P&O's prices were not to bad for next year, especially the inside cabins, and judging by what people have been saying on the P&O forum on Face book, a lot of people already had at least one cruise booked, some a lot more, so they were asking for refunds because they couldn't physically fit another cruise in. I think they may have a shortage of places on cruises next year, which means they can ramp the price up on the places left!! .................................................. .........Carol
                        Yes I thought the same Carol, we are still booked on Iona for next May, what did you do? I don't PO will go either. CG
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #57
                          We got the latest notification from RCI this morning canceling our Anthem cruise for the end of May....shutdown now until 12th June when they hope too resume operations
                          Not much hope of that and it's as already mentioned just a finance exercise to keep money in the bank until as late as possible before refunding.
                          Offered us the usual 125% FCC which I doubt we'll be taking up due the massive rise in prices of Anthem cruises from the UK next year.

                          Stay safe and healthy

                          Garf.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post

                            Yes I thought the same Carol, we are still booked on Iona for next May, what did you do? I don't PO will go either. CG
                            Hi, I wasn't going to book, but there was a cruise on Azura, going from Malta, Greek Islands + Croatia etc, all new ports to us. We've had to pay a little bit more, but it's going for 14 nights and includes flights, so didn't work out much more with the 125% FCC we got. Something to look forward to .................................................. ..................Carol

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

                              Hi, I wasn't going to book, but there was a cruise on Azura, going from Malta, Greek Islands + Croatia etc, all new ports to us. We've had to pay a little bit more, but it's going for 14 nights and includes flights, so didn't work out much more with the 125% FCC we got. Something to look forward to .................................................. ..................Carol
                              Hi, In 2017 I flew to Malta to join P&O Oceania and sailed on a very similar itinerary to yours. Lovely interesting ports in Greece, Croatia and Montenegro. I had visited some of the ports before, but it was my first visit to Montenegro; the scenery is stunning. The cruise was one of my most enjoyable.

                              I read on one of your previous posts that Azura is your favourite ship. I know we all have our preferred ships, but I hated my one cruise on Azura and vowed never to sail on her again.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

                                Hi, In 2017 I flew to Malta to join P&O Oceania and sailed on a very similar itinerary to yours. Lovely interesting ports in Greece, Croatia and Montenegro. I had visited some of the ports before, but it was my first visit to Montenegro; the scenery is stunning. The cruise was one of my most enjoyable.

                                I read on one of your previous posts that Azura is your favourite ship. I know we all have our preferred ships, but I hated my one cruise on Azura and vowed never to sail on her again.
                                I'm glad you enjoyed the itinerary then
                                Yes out of P&O's ships Azura is my favourite
                                TBH I'm more disappointed with my Anniversary being messed up, rather than sailing on Iona .................................................. .....Carol

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X