• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toilet Roll Blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As people are to distance for weeks they need to stock up to reduce their regular contact routines.

the message is buy more and go shipping less often

That means the weekly shoppers need to get a few weeks worth and the monthly bigger shoppers a couple of months worth.

The shops can't keep up because everyone did it at the same time, there are shortages.

telling people to shop for the same amounts means they have to shop on the same regularity defeating the idea to reduce contacts

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

If it ever gets to serious I could alway make some bread. I have been told that we have all the ingredients and that the silver thing in the cupboard is a breadmaker........who knew
      You are lucky to have the ingrdients. We can't get flour or yeast.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

A lot of people have 3 bathrooms these days, including myself, but in these times of shortage, perhaps you could do with less for the sake of others so they get their share too. You are not going to use 3 bottles at once even when you have 3 bathrooms.
        Eh, you stick to your 3 bathrooms and I’ll stick to mine 😊. I know what’s required to keep our household safe and clean. As I’ve said, 3 does not constitute stockpiling in my book. 33, absolutely. Let’s not fall out over 3 bottles of bleach. Lots more pressing matters to deal with in the coming weeks. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          As people are to distance for weeks they need to stock up to reduce their regular contact routines.

the message is buy more and go shipping less often

That means the weekly shoppers need to get a few weeks worth and the monthly bigger shoppers a couple of months worth.

The shops can't keep up because everyone did it at the same time, there are shortages.

telling people to shop for the same amounts means they have to shop on the same regularity defeating the idea to reduce contacts
          That was not the message when the stockpiling began. and is still not the message. it was easy to avoid crowds when shopping and it was easy to get deliveries. The problem is everyone is now buying stuff whenever they see it, even though all the supermarkets (and toilet roll manufacturers) have said there is no supply chain issues or shortages.
          The problem is people panicking because they read BS on social media.............there is an extrfa £billion of food stored in homes across uk and still the shops keep filling their shelves, That is not a shortage!!!!
          Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 22nd March 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Has anyone considered what we would do if there was NO toilet tissue available?

Not everyone in the world uses it but still manage to keep themselves clean........ think about it !

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Not everyone in the world uses it but still manage to keep themselves clean........ think about it !
              Thank goodness for pressure washers..

Garf

Comment

Hmm
                Reminds me of the ''bum guns'' [non pressure washers, for Garf] in Malaysia and the use of the left hand!!!

Comment

Our daughter has been to Aldi today, said the shelves were well stocked plenty of meat etc, the only two items they did not have was Pasta and yes you’ve guessed it Toilet Rolls!
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Is a bit concerning that they are combining the most vunerable with those most likely to be carrying the virus
                  They have changed it now. NHS workers can go Mon to Fri from 7.30, half an hour before opening. Elderly customer have different times noe
                  BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Wonder how many will be willing to shop after the highest risk group in the country has been in for a shop?

Comment

• tdb, Brentwood
                      tdb, Brentwood commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Highest risk of suffering is NOT the same as highest risk of conveying!!

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Wonder how many will be willing to shop after the highest risk group in the country has been in for a shop?
                    Wouldn't bother me as I do that when I collect my prescription. However my next big shop is a home delivery in 3 weeks. I just double down on washing my hands before and after each shopping trip and wear gloves.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                      Reminds me of the ''bum guns'' [non pressure washers, for Garf] in Malaysia and the use of the left hand!!!
                      you can buy travel ones
                      image_9828.jpg

but why not a project soda bottle bendy straw and a glue gun.

love the first one

if google for ideas use Bidet not douche

Comment

On the subject of toilet rolls, I suppose we have got to see the funny side:

https://youtu.be/dRVxjb7nYy4
                        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                          On the subject of toilet rolls, I suppose we have got to see the funny side:

https://youtu.be/dRVxjb7nYy4
                          https://thepooptool.com/

Annie

Comment

We haven't shopped differently since the panic began.

We are not short of anything and will continue to buy only what we need.

I am tempted by the Easter eggs on offer but am watching my weight so am being good.
                            I absolutely agree.

We have shopped our normal shop, but also a bit less frequently.

It is definitely making us look at what we already have and question whether we need any more. If you wait long enough the supermarket shelves will catch up with the over demand and soon they will be fully stocked all the time. Apparently, it has been reported that there is an extra £1 billion of stock piling in people's homes particularly of food. Sooner or later the demand will go down as people use all this up and then the supermarkets will have too much on the shelves as the stock control catches up.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X