• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toilet Roll Blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilet Roll Blues

Over the past couple of week I've been to numerous shops, but I've still not seen a toilet rolls for sale. Mind you I've not been queuing up at 6.00qm at the supermarket!

Do you have any? Have you stockpiled?
    See my cruise blog: HERE

As they are a bulky item we get 3|4x18packs at a time when in the car near our preferred outlet(savers) and run them down before a repeat, we were only part way through a pack from the last lot so got an extra pack to top up when we saw some.

Comment

Usually buy a packs of 24, still have 5 or 6 left, so hopefully by the time we decide to go shopping again all the idiots will have been and gone

Comment

We went to home bargains a couple of weeks ago, it’s where we normally go to buy our cleaning and general household products. As we pulled into car park first person we saw was somebody walking to his car, the only thing he had was two 18 roll packs of toilet paper.

We were there early due to doing a school run, which was cancelled last minute, the shop was in the middle of stocking up the toilet roll shelf, which I understand they do first thing each morning, only had packs of 18 rolls.

We had an unopened pack of four plus another four in our toilet roll basket in the bathroom so bought one pack of 18. This and the unopened pack of four we still have.

None in Tesco’s yesterday by the time we got there at 9/30am, but still had packs of kitchen roll.
        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 21st March 2020, 11:26 AM.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We went to our local Asda about a week ago. In the toilet roll aisle which is normally fully stocked, there were just 2 packs of 24 rolls left. I took one of them as this was the only size left. No others of any kind.

What is it with panic buying of toilet rolls??

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
            Over the past couple of week I've been to numerous shops, but I've still not seen a toilet rolls for sale. Mind you I've not been queuing up at 6.00qm at the supermarket!

Do you have any? Have you stockpiled?
            Received my annual order 2 weeks ago - yippee no supermarket shopping for 2 weeks

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Received my annual order 2 weeks ago - yippee no supermarket shopping for 2 weeks

Annie
              Annual order...........every 4 weeks

Comment

You know why there is such a shortage of toilet paper? It’s because when one person sneezes 100 others cr@p themselves! 😜

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Annual order...........every 4 weeks
                  I should have made it clearer - I don't have to do any shopping at all for anything for at least 2 weeks Bread and milk in the freezer.

Annie

Comment

Have not stockpiled - not got the space. Loo rolls have been available in our Tesco each time I’ve been in. Personally I hope the morons who started this idiocy all get the sh1ts so they get their money’s worth.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I should have made it clearer - I don't have to do any shopping at all for anything for at least 2 weeks Bread and milk in the freezer.

Annie
                      If it ever gets to serious I could alway make some bread. I have been told that we have all the ingredients and that the silver thing in the cupboard is a breadmaker........who knew

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                        You know why there is such a shortage of toilet paper? It’s because when one person sneezes 100 others cr@p themselves! 😜

Take care, Helen
                        Good one Helen.

Comment

Haven’t been stockpiling anything. Just managed to get 3 bottles of bleach today. The toilet rolls ? well, that’s another problem I’ll need to think about in about 2 weeks time.

Comment

I am so against stockpiling so I only have a few in the cupboard. I had bought a pack of 24 when they were on offer in Lidl. Thank goodness I did otherwise we would be resorting to using grass!!!

Have to say some of the comments on here have made me laugh. I do not 'get' the need for so many toilet rolls, paracetamol, ibuprofen and practically every frozen item you could name, to be bought in vast quantities. Our shops here are as bad as it gets, Asda being empty of many items such as tinned veg, yet we are told that plans are in place to keep all shop stock filled.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                              Haven’t been stockpiling anything. Just managed to get 3 bottles of bleach today. The toilet rolls ? well, that’s another problem I’ll need to think about in about 2 weeks time.
                              Would you normally buy3 bottles of bleach?

This may be seen as stockpiling if under normal circumstances you would have bought one bottle. This means that 2 other people cannot buy a bottle of bleach. Surely you are not intending to use 3 bottles of bleach in one week?

Comment

• tdb, Brentwood
                                tdb, Brentwood commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Well said! Perhaps ‘some’ on here might look in the mirror and reflect on their integrity in forward buying. Collective forward buying is having a greater impact on availability for honourable people than the, appalling, ‘bulk buyers’!

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X