• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you going to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you going to do?

We’ve discussed on some different threads here and there what our plans are.
    But I just wondered what have people with cruises booked decided to do in the current situation?

Me
    Anthem October : not even giving it a thought at the moment.

Silhouette June; in a quandary as balance due next week (I’ll pay 3rd April) Yes there’s the confidence policy but that’s a lot of money to tie up in an FCC which has to be used by the end of next year. Pull the plug at balance due and get a FCC for the deposit or pay the balance and ride it out?
    I’ve no intention of moving it to next year yet as next years prices have gone mad!

What would you do and what are you doing?
    Past cruises:
    Carnival Conquest October 2002
    Independence of the Seas October 2012
    Independence of the Seas May 2014
    Explorer of the Seas June 2015
    Norwegian Escape October 2015

Deferred one already due to a pending op. Will have to cancel another now and jury is out what to do about the third.

Comment

We have nothing booked, for health reasons. We planned something round about May during the pause in my chemo, but could not get insurance. If I could book
      I’d go.

Comment

We are just very glad that we were able to go ahead with our trip to Gran Canaria on the 27th of Feb for a week. It was a week of much needed sunshine but as I have underlying health problems we’ve agreed that our Baltic Cruise this summer will have to be postponed till next year. Disappointing to be sure, but as I have only one kidney I need to look after it. Friends of ours in Wales are worried that their daughter and her fiancé won’t be able to fly from Australia next weekend for their wedding here in April. Fingers crossed that things improve!

Take care, Helen

Comment

Nothing booked before Japan in October, so not really thinking about it. Balance is payable in June, I think, so we'll see what's what then. We booked whilst on board Silhouette last year, and the deal was that we could cancel at any time and transfer the low deposit to another cruise. The downside is we have booked and paid for our flights. We have a cottage booked in Somerset in a couple of weeks, and as it stands we will be going unless there are major changes over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

We’re booked on Apex in September, keeping everything crossed that the situation will have improved by then. Balance is not due until June, although we have booked and paid for flights. Haven’t given any thought yet to what we will do if we can’t cruise.

Comment

Nothing booked until a Xmas cruise so hopefully everything will be back to normal by then .

Comment

Hi have our first ever Celebrity cruise booked for end of June balance due Mid April.
                Very reluctant to cancel as it's an itinerary I've not done since I was a child and my OH has never done
                I was relaxed about the 48 hour cancellation offer ,but we have "free" flights and drinks package.included.No guarantee this will be offered next year.
                I was pretty relaxed about it but now a little less so.
                I'm still hopeful it will be ok by end of June,but I recognise that could be wishful thinking

Comment

June Baltic cruise cancelled a couple of days ago and new Baltic booking for August next year made. Didn't want the uncertainty of no cruise or no ports cruise. Deposit transferred at no cost.

November Iberia cruise left as is for the moment. Hope it will all be over by then.

Warners 4 days starting Monday re-booked for end September.

Comment

We have a Viking river cruise in October, I would think if things haven settled down by then we will have rather more to worry about than a trip down the Danube.

I have a 3 day golf trip with 39 others in April and that is looking in doubt plus a trip to Turkey, also for golf in May that is all paid for so have to wait and see on those two.

John

Comment

May cruise to Alaska cancelled, rebooked to Norway and Iceland for June 2021,something to look forward to. From now until then,we will just have to see what happens.

Comment

Unusually for us we have nothing booked. We normally go away in May for our wedding anniversary but this year I signed up for a 50k bike ride raising money for women's cancer in London and we also have a wedding. I am doubtful the cycle ride will go ahead in May now. Got an email today today saying it may be postponed. We are not planning any trips away for the foreseeable future and consider ourselves very lucky to have already had 2 cruise this year

We have just had someone round to give us a price for a new resin drive instead which we have been thinking about for a while. I admit I have the door handle a good wipe with disinfectant when he left.

Comment

We are booked for QE in Alaska end of July. Fingers crossed it happens! It is a special treat for my 40th!
                          What are the chances of it still happening??

Comment

At this stage I don't believe nyone can really know what they are going to do, other than to be led by circumstances as they develop. We have a short Azamara cruise booked in early June. Our guess is that will be doubtful but we will wait and see. We have an October cruise booked and at this stage we are hopeful that it will happen.

Comment

We cancelled our cruise going out next Tuesday and moved it to October 2021. By transferring the booking which was fully paid up, we lost about £250, as the new cruise, which was exactly the same one, on the same ship but going out in October 2021, was more money. We only booked an inside cabin, but the difference between a inside guarantee and select price (choose your cabin) was £340 on the booking. As the parking is £129, that means they are charging £211 to choose your cabin!!! The choice we had however, was, book a guarantee and have £156 cruise credit left, or book a select and pay the extra £250. In normal circumstances I would have probably took the guarantee with the difference in price and paid the parking myself, but I was not sure if we would have used the £156 left on my account, so we ended up going for the select price and paying extra. So although we have had the credit, it has cost us quite a bit more to move it to the same cruise next year.

We have a cruise on Iona booked in October - I hope all this will have largely gone by then. We also have a cruise booked in March next year. We do have a number of weekend breaks in UK booked as well - we will see what happens to them - next one of these is in April.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X