• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just booked Marella dream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just booked Marella dream

After much procrastination we have just booked a week on Marella Dream around the Med. We did consider a really interesting itinerary sailing our Jamaica to some unusual ports including Honduras, Belize and the Panama Canal. The price was really good and surprisingly included a flight from Doncaster, our local airport.
    But I am not sure we are ready for another adventure so close to our 28 nights on Boudicca
    We have opted for a nice relaxing week around the Med sailing out of Malaga. We have been to all the ports before apart from Toulon which sounds interesting.
    Better get the suitcases out again. We go in 10 days time.

Very brave in the current situation. Might get an extra 2 weeks thrown in!

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
      After much procrastination we have just booked a week on Marella Dream around the Med. We did consider a really interesting itinerary sailing our Jamaica to some unusual ports including Honduras, Belize and the Panama Canal. The price was really good and surprisingly included a flight from Doncaster, our local airport.
      But I am not sure we are ready for another adventure so close to our 28 nights on Boudicca
      We have opted for a nice relaxing week around the Med sailing out of Malaga. We have been to all the ports before apart from Toulon which sounds interesting.
      Better get the suitcases out again. We go in 10 days time.
      Enjoy and think of us in our waders.

Annie

Comment

Checked in this morning to find Marella had removed the Cruise50 Discount code but dropped some prices.

15th was cheapest with Luton £439pp for an OV plus.

Those on the first cruise out of dry dock (1 March) are getting upgrade offers ie inside to deluxe OV with £250 cash back if they move.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Enjoy and think of us in our waders.

Annie
          Thank you, I will do. Forecast looking good for the Med. Not hit but nice and sunny with no rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
            Checked in this morning to find Marella had removed the Cruise50 Discount code but dropped some prices.

Those on the first cruise out of dry dock (1 March) are getting upgrade offers ie inside to deluxe OV with £250 cash back if they move.
            I am not looking at price a any more now we have booked. It could come down but we wanted Doncaster flights and I was concerned the flight might fill up. I didn't know it was in dry dock. We sail on the first. Hope it is ready for us!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
              Very brave in the current situation. Might get an extra 2 weeks thrown in!
              I'm packing extra essential medication just in case and my trusty First Defence!

Comment

No inside cabins showing available. Didn't kniw about the upgrade offers. Wonder why,

Comment

We booked direct with TUI on line. TBH I am a bit disappointed with cruise.co. They said they would would ring me if the price came down. It was up as high as £700 at one point. They haven't rung me. I have called them several times. When I saw the price had gone down this morning on TUI website I just booked it.
                  Last edited by ilovesunshine, east yorks; 20th February 2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

We boiked direct with TUI on line. TBH i am a bit disappointed with cruise.co. They said they would would ring me if the price came down. It was up as high ad £700 at one point. They haven't rung me. I have called them several times. When I saw the price had gone down this morning on TUI website I just booked it.
                    You will struggle to get a better deal than Tui online.

Even their High St shops will charge you more than the online prices if they can get away with it...............Wilba
                    Wilba

Comment

Dry dock was an engineering one but they have probably taken advantage of the down time to tidy up bits.
                      Speculation as to the upgrade offers going about.

Been watching these Dream March dates for a while and the flight options/supplements have been changing a lot.
                      Prices have been holding at £500-£600 depending on airport and cabin often an OV.

For the 1st the DSA flight have gone so you did right to book when you saw them, MAN is £225pp more than the other cheaper options.

The Deluxe on deck 9 are a good option if not to much more over the regular OV/OV+

When I booked the Xmas cruise I had been watching regularly as cabins come and go quickly during the day if priced well.
                      Grabbed a cabin on my phone from the pub to make sure I got it.
                      The TA discounts with Marella are so low it is not worth loosing the booking control.

Great thing is these Marella are a one stop shop pack and go late bookings

Comment

I'm packing extra essential medication just in case and my trusty First Defence!
                        Good move. We always take 3 or 4 days extra tablets just in case of delays.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post

You will struggle to get a better deal than Tui online.

Even their High St shops will charge you more than the online prices if they can get away with it...............Wilba
                          When we first saw the cruise it was on cruise.co at £469. We were undecided as only just got home. Agent said he would ring back in 20 minutes but he didnt. By the time I rang him price had gone up by £150. Apparently cruise.co had negotiated a special deal with Tui but now prices are the same. We were kicking ourselves not booking when we had the chance. But hey ho that's our own fault.

Comment

Dry dock was an engineering one but they have probably taken advantage of the down time to tidy up bits.
                            Speculation as to the upgrade offers going about.

Been watching these Dream March dates for a while and the flight options/supplements have been changing a lot.
                            Prices have been holding at £500-£600 depending on airport and cabin often an OV.

For the 1st the DSA flight have gone so you did right to book when you saw them, MAN is £225pp more than the other cheaper options.

The Deluxe on deck 9 are a good option if not to much more over the regular OV/OV+

When I booked the Xmas cruise I had been watching regularly as cabins come and go quickly during the day if priced well.
                            Grabbed a cabin on my phone from the pub to make sure I got it.
                            The TA discounts with Marella are so low it is not worth loosing the booking control.

Great thing is these Marella are a one stop shop pack and go late bookings
                            I am not sure what deck we are on. We haven't got a cabin number but we know we are mid ship in ocean view plus. It wasn't a real lot more for the next grade up but we are happy with what wr have booked. It will be novel for us having a window after 28 nights inside on Fred!

Comment

Wow ,10 days Sue. We found Marella just fine, Enjoy. Jan.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X