• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this sound like a plan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound like a plan?

I really can't stand this cold weather. Already starting to plan to get away next winter. We have in mind to spend a few a few weeks in India then fly to Sri Lanka to pick up a cruise ship to sail home. Arcadia and Queen Victoria both have suitable itineraries towards the end of March 2021. I have t made enquires as to whether we would be able to board in Colombo yet and there is a lot to plan but the idea is appealing.

Sounds lovely ILS. I think we could all do with some winter sun right now. Can anyone suggest somewhere that doesn’t have Coronavirus?

Take care, Helen

Comment

Morocco, unbroken sunshine for the last 9 days, great hotels, decent golf if that’s your thing and a lot cheaper than cruising 9C250478-6968-437C-BADF-F793866191C4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
        Morocco, unbroken sunshine for the last 9 days, great hotels, decent golf if that’s your thing and a lot cheaper than cruising 9C250478-6968-437C-BADF-F793866191C4.jpeg
        Sounds great 🏌️*♂️☀️

Comment

I like Morocco but It was very cold first thing in the morning. I remember shivering my way around the Yves St Laurent gardens in Marrakesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
            Sounds lovely ILS. I think we could all do with some winter sun right now. Can anyone suggest somewhere that doesn’t have Coronavirus?

Take care, Helen
            South Africa and very little jet lag - in fact I would say none.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

South Africa and very little jet lag - in fact I would say none.

Annie
              That would certainly be a bonus We have still got awful jet lag, waking up at 3am and falling asleep after lunch.

Comment

We are going on Black Watch next week for the Andalusia intensive cruise. Overnight in Cadiz for the Feria festival, Malaga, Almeria, Lisbon and Vigo for 2 weeks. It was a great price and although it won’t be hot, it’s a lot better than here. Was 20 degrees in Cadiz and Malaga the other day.

Comment

Extended stays somewhere warmer are a great idea.

QV stops in Colombo 31 March does not get back to the UK till April 29.
                  nearest on schedule Singapore 25th March (35n)

Fed Olsen Black Watch Colombo to Southampton 28th March (30n).

SIlversea can get you from Mumbai to Athens 27th March 17days

Duba gives more options to get back to Southampton
                  Arcadia 15th March (19n)
                  Oceania 14/21 March (27n/20n)
                  QM2 29 March (21n)
                  Grand Princess 4 April (26n)

or loads from Dubai with a flight back from the med

Amy Johnson(Singapore) 13 April (44n) probably too late/long

Maralla have a ship leaving Cochin, India 8 April, via dubai/suez gets to Corfu May 7th.

Comment

[QUOTE=Topdeck, London;n1299053]Extended stays somewhere warmer are a great idea.

QV stops in Colombo 31 March does not get back to the UK till April 29.
                    nearest on schedule Singapore 25th March (35n)

Fed Olsen Black Watch Colombo to Southampton 28th March (30n).

SIlversea can get you from Mumbai to Athens 27th March 17days

Duba gives more options to get back to Southampton
                    Arcadia 15th March (19n)
                    Oceania 14/21 March (27n/20n)
                    QM2 29 March (21n)
                    Grand Princess 4 April (26n)

or loads from Dubai with a flight back from the med

Amy Johnson(Singapore) 13 April (44n) probably too late/long

Maralla have a ship leaving Cochin, India 8 April, via dubai/suez gets to Corfu May 7th.

Thanks for that. Lots of ideas to think about. I fancy Silcersea but may be too expensive. I like QV itinerary as it avoids Suez canal which we have done twice and no desire to repeat. I wonder if tbey will let us on in Columbo? Otherwise will have a look at flights

Just had a look at Black Watch. It actually calls at Goa. I wonder if tbey would let us get on there. Th at would be perfect. I know they did reluctently let someone board in Singapore on Boudicca when it wasn't officially a boarding port

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
                      I really can't stand this cold weather. Already starting to plan to get away next winter. We have in mind to spend a few a few weeks in India then fly to Sri Lanka to pick up a cruise ship to sail home. Arcadia and Queen Victoria both have suitable itineraries towards the end of March 2021. I have t made enquires as to whether we would be able to board in Colombo yet and there is a lot to plan but the idea is appealing.
                      If not already booked I would be very wary of booking any “on your own” trips until the present situation is over. Who knows where it may bubble up in the coming weeks. Those on a cruise ship are very fortunate compared to lone travellers who may be refused entry or exit to a particular country with no support.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                        If not already booked I would be very wary of booking any “on your own” trips until the present situation is over. Who knows where it may bubble up in the coming weeks. Those on a cruise ship are very fortunate compared to lone travellers who may be refused entry or exit to a particular country with no support.
                        We wont be travelling until next year. Just having a look at possibilities at the moment. What support would we need?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post

We wont be travelling until next year. Just having a look at possibilities at the moment. What support would we need?
                          Sorry, I thought your plans were more immediate. Hopefully it will be all over by next year. My reference to support was in the current situation where you might be refused entry to or exit from a country and if travelling "alone" you might be stuck in limbo the other side of the world with no one such as a cruise line or travel courier to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                            Sorry, I thought your plans were more immediate. Hopefully it will be all over by next year. My reference to support was in the current situation where you might be refused entry to or exit from a country and if travelling "alone" you might be stuck in limbo the other side of the world with no one such as a cruise line or travel courier to help you.
                            Hopefully, for those with holidays booked, it will be over sooner than next year but, in the light of this year's developments, if I booked any cruise travel to the Orient, I'd book all travel as a proper package.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Hopefully, for those with holidays booked, it will be over sooner than next year but, in the light of this year's developments, if I booked any cruise travel to the Orient, I'd book all travel as a proper package.
                              Absolutely, who is to say that a new strain wouldn't surface next year - unlikely? - but possible. Belt & braces would be very reassuring!

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X