• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you choose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you choose?

If, heaven forbid, you had to be quarantined for 2 weeks on a cruise ship where would you choose to swing at anchor in the bay?

I think I would plump for off Monte Carlo. There would be boats and ships coming and going all day and the lights ashore at night would be amazing. Plus the often felt swell later in the day would make it seem that you are sailing!

Cape Town, Hong Kong or Nagasaki from the list of ports visited.

Tahiti or Antartica of those I have not.

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 8th February 2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Off the Galapagos, plenty of distractions

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
        Off the Galapagos, plenty of distractions
        Good choice.

Forgot about Sydney and in NZ I would probably opt for Akaroa.

Annie

Comment

Somewhere off Norway. Then get a chance of seeing the Northern Lights in the winter or the Midnight sun in summer.

Carol
          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Anywhere warm and with sea life to watch from my balcony.

Comment

I’m with CRol, Norway, Svalbard or Iceland to watch the wildlife

Comment

Does not matter it could be wherever they decide to broadcast on the TV in my inside cabin.

What would be more important is the in cabin service

Quality of food and booze.

I would probably take up gaming again as well.
                Managed to loose whole weekends in the day.

Comment

Probably Grand Cayman but it can be a bit choppy there. Kotor Montenegro, one of my favourite stops.

Comment

It wouldn't bother me as long as I was on a Cunard ship, the middle of the ocean or a nice view would be a bonus though.
                    Jo

Comment

Malta as it’s warm and has lots of ships/boats coming and going to pass the time. You’d also hear the 12noon cannons every day.
                      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

If I had an inside cabin, it wouldn't make much difference. However, if I had a balcony I would like to be anywhere warm with a view.
                        Last edited by Smith7; 8th February 2020, 09:22 PM.
                        Jill

Comment

Anywhere with free internet

Comment

We will have to have a serious tho k about booming an inside cabin in future. We have been cimongratulating ourselves on how well we did on our 2 Fred Olsen cruises, the only times we haven't had a balcony. We were absolutely fine but I wouldn't have wanted to be confined in it for 2 weeks.
                            To answer the question, I would probrably choose Singapore. We were docked right under the cable car to Sentosa island with lots to see. Little boats bobbing about, windsurfers, paragliders and banana boats as well as the Singapore skyline which looked beautiful in the evening with all the colored lights.20200127_210451.jpg

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X