• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I never knew that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carol, welwyn garden city
    started a topic Well, I never knew that

Well, I never knew that

Hi Everyone

They say you learn something new every day, and I have only been cruising for 10 years!!

On P&O cruises I knew that if you had wine with your dinner, but didn't finish the bottle they would take it away and bring it back the next day. But I didn't realise you could take it with you after your meal and drink it in another bar.

Do all cruise lines allow you to do that? (Note to self, pay more attention ) .................................................. ....Carol

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Peterlg, Halifax View Post
    What’s unfinished wine?
    It's a reminder that one of the aspects of aging is, one cannot neck the stuff in the quantities one used to be able to do, without having a fearsome headache the morning after, if one wishes to keep one's end up by finishing an evening meal with a libation or two of after dinner ''tea''.

Leave a comment:

• Peterlg, Halifax
    replied
    What’s unfinished wine?

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTroll, Leicester View Post

70%+ proof does have that effect upon your memory. As for the country, perhaps it was La La Land?

I did check with our daughter today it was homemade 78% and came from Kurdistan 🤗
    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 16th February 2020, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobTroll, Leicester
    replied
    Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Hi JC

I don't drink enough for it to affect my stomach. Ever since we visited the Sky Gardens in London with our daughter, both my wife and daughter now have a liking for Belvedere Vodka, which they sell on board P&O ships.
    One of our daughters company salesman, brought her back a 70%+ proof bottle of Vodka not shop bought 😳 cannot remember in which country he obtained it.
    70%+ proof does have that effect upon your memory. As for the country, perhaps it was La La Land?

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Read a great line this morning on Michael Redmond twitter feed

I don't normally post this sort of thing but I have now been sober for the last 12 years. I still drink as much as I always did but just can't seem to get pissed anymore.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I can go months without a drink and my GP has never advised me to have a glass of wine several times a week.
    I have a similar drinking pattern but I think it has been the 2nd time I have been told I can have a drink - the 1st time was 1994.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Mine

In a bad month my average alcohol intake is 3 units. BTW I know lots of Scots who are the same.

She was extolling the virtues of a glass of red wine.

Annie
    I can go months without a drink and my GP has never advised me to have a glass of wine several times a week.

Leave a comment:

• carol, welwyn garden city
    replied
    I can't drink like I used to, and I'm not keen on drinking when eating, would rather do one or the other ...........................................Carol

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Mine

In a bad month my average alcohol intake is 3 units. BTW I know lots of Scots who are the same.

Annie
    Yep, that'd be the 50p a unit

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied

Annie what GP advises a patient to drink more alcohol? 🤔🙄 none me thinks.
    Mine

Annie

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    There were no problems taking spirits on board on QV in Gib last December. No need to try and hide it and it must have shown up on the scanner.
    Hi John
    Was Gib the last port before Southampton?
    I think they know everyone gets the duty free from there.....not to drink on board.
    JC

Leave a comment:

• JohnR, Chippenham
    replied

I think getting drink onboard ids all down to the screening guys and if their boss is nearby. I’ve managed to have a bottle of Cointreau in my suitcase on a few cruises and It’s never went to the naughty room. 😎

an American couple from Texas, we met on a Celebrity cruise several years ago used to bring on a half bottle or two of wine at each port. He just put them in his shorts pocket and his tee shirt covered his pockets. If there’s a will there’s a way. 😂😂😂
    There were no problems taking spirits on board on QV in Gib last December. No need to try and hide it and it must have shown up on the scanner.

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi Issy
    I don't take any alcohol onboard Celebrity,,no point with a DP.
    I take a couple of bottles on P&O for in the cabin,for a drop whilst getting ready for dinner.

I did buy a bottle of vodka in Tallin last year,and actually showed it to the guy doing the screening getting back on board on Celebrity,,,he saw the PALL on my card and said 'that's OK,no problem' and let me take it on board..

JC
    I think getting drink onboard ids all down to the screening guys and if their boss is nearby. I’ve managed to have a bottle of Cointreau in my suitcase on a few cruises and It’s never went to the naughty room. 😎

an American couple from Texas, we met on a Celebrity cruise several years ago used to bring on a half bottle or two of wine at each port. He just put them in his shorts pocket and his tee shirt covered his pockets. If there’s a will there’s a way. 😂😂😂
    Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 4th February 2020, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied

If you smuggle more than the allowed amount on Celebrity JC your case will be sent to the naughty room and you’ll be on the naughty step when your ‘invited’ to collect your case. 🙈😂😂😂
    Hi Issy
    I don't take any alcohol onboard Celebrity,,no point with a DP.
    I take a couple of bottles on P&O for in the cabin,for a drop whilst getting ready for dinner.

I did buy a bottle of vodka in Tallin last year,and actually showed it to the guy doing the screening getting back on board on Celebrity,,,he saw the PALL on my card and said 'that's OK,no problem' and let me take it on board..

JC

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X