• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I never knew that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

A champagne / sparkling wine bottle stopper is what you need Carol, very effective for keeping the bubbles in, even after 24 hours.

Sold on Amazon (see link) and we’ve also found them left in our cabin with the sparkling Cava the cruiseline provides.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tescoma-T42...812616&sr=8-20
    Is the issue not that there is sparkling wine nor worth saving - you are better off pouring it down the sink - JMO.

As well know there is Prosecco and there is Prosecco. I don't give house room to Cava any more.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
      Hi TD
      My wife drinks Prosecco,,on P&O I buy a 6 bottle package for £120.
      She orders a bottle at dinner,has a glass then takes the bottle to the show lounge after dinner,the bar staff often puts the bottle in an ice bucket for her.

The P&O Prosecco is called 'Conti',,normal price in Asdaor /Morrison is £10,often on sale for £7,,she always takes x2 bottles for in the cabin....I suppose she could try to smuggle half a dozen bottles on board and drink them in the public areas,,,P&O couldn't tell the difference.

image.jpeg

Should I try to smuggle some on board or play by the rules?,,ie,one bottle each (ltr).
      JC

If you smuggle more than the allowed amount on Celebrity JC your case will be sent to the naughty room and you’ll be on the naughty step when your ‘invited’ to collect your case. 🙈😂😂😂
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I do understand the concept of 'don't finish the bottle' - after 2 glasses out of the bottle, I have had enough. I now order by the glass but at home I don't even open the bottle. On a recent visit to the GP, I was advised I should drink more alcohol for my health. I haven't had a drink since that visit.

Annie
        Annie what GP advises a patient to drink more alcohol? 🤔🙄 none me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
          Del boy and JC, wash your mouths out. Prosecco is the best drink, I love it

I did hear that if you put a teaspoon in an opened bottle it stops it from going flat, but I haven't tried that ..........................Car ol
          I’ve tried a teaspoon......doesn’t work so if I do have any Prosecco left I just put clingfilm over the the top and it does keep the bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

If you smuggle more than the allowed amount on Celebrity JC your case will be sent to the naughty room and you’ll be on the naughty step when your ‘invited’ to collect your case. 🙈😂😂😂
            Hi Issy
            I don't take any alcohol onboard Celebrity,,no point with a DP.
            I take a couple of bottles on P&O for in the cabin,for a drop whilst getting ready for dinner.

I did buy a bottle of vodka in Tallin last year,and actually showed it to the guy doing the screening getting back on board on Celebrity,,,he saw the PALL on my card and said 'that's OK,no problem' and let me take it on board..

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi Issy
              I don't take any alcohol onboard Celebrity,,no point with a DP.
              I take a couple of bottles on P&O for in the cabin,for a drop whilst getting ready for dinner.

I did buy a bottle of vodka in Tallin last year,and actually showed it to the guy doing the screening getting back on board on Celebrity,,,he saw the PALL on my card and said 'that's OK,no problem' and let me take it on board..

JC
              I think getting drink onboard ids all down to the screening guys and if their boss is nearby. I’ve managed to have a bottle of Cointreau in my suitcase on a few cruises and It’s never went to the naughty room. 😎

an American couple from Texas, we met on a Celebrity cruise several years ago used to bring on a half bottle or two of wine at each port. He just put them in his shorts pocket and his tee shirt covered his pockets. If there’s a will there’s a way. 😂😂😂
              Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 4th February 2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I think getting drink onboard ids all down to the screening guys and if their boss is nearby. I’ve managed to have a bottle of Cointreau in my suitcase on a few cruises and It’s never went to the naughty room. 😎

an American couple from Texas, we met on a Celebrity cruise several years ago used to bring on a half bottle or two of wine at each port. He just put them in his shorts pocket and his tee shirt covered his pockets. If there’s a will there’s a way. 😂😂😂
                There were no problems taking spirits on board on QV in Gib last December. No need to try and hide it and it must have shown up on the scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                  There were no problems taking spirits on board on QV in Gib last December. No need to try and hide it and it must have shown up on the scanner.
                  Hi John
                  Was Gib the last port before Southampton?
                  I think they know everyone gets the duty free from there.....not to drink on board.
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Annie what GP advises a patient to drink more alcohol? 🤔🙄 none me thinks.
                    Mine

In a bad month my average alcohol intake is 3 units. BTW I know lots of Scots who are the same.

She was extolling the virtues of a glass of red wine.

Annie

Comment

Mine

In a bad month my average alcohol intake is 3 units. BTW I know lots of Scots who are the same.

Annie
                      Yep, that'd be the 50p a unit

Comment

I can't drink like I used to, and I'm not keen on drinking when eating, would rather do one or the other ...........................................Carol

Comment

Mine

Annie
                          I can go months without a drink and my GP has never advised me to have a glass of wine several times a week.

Comment

I can go months without a drink and my GP has never advised me to have a glass of wine several times a week.
                            I have a similar drinking pattern but I think it has been the 2nd time I have been told I can have a drink - the 1st time was 1994.

Annie

Comment

Read a great line this morning on Michael Redmond twitter feed

I don't normally post this sort of thing but I have now been sober for the last 12 years. I still drink as much as I always did but just can't seem to get pissed anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Hi JC

I don't drink enough for it to affect my stomach. Ever since we visited the Sky Gardens in London with our daughter, both my wife and daughter now have a liking for Belvedere Vodka, which they sell on board P&O ships.
                                One of our daughters company salesman, brought her back a 70%+ proof bottle of Vodka not shop bought 😳 cannot remember in which country he obtained it.
                                70%+ proof does have that effect upon your memory. As for the country, perhaps it was La La Land?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X