• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I never knew that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
    Hi Carol

Can you help me with something, "don't finish the bottle" is not a concept I have ever come across, could you explain more.

Many thanks

John 🤣🤣🤣
    I do understand the concept of 'don't finish the bottle' - after 2 glasses out of the bottle, I have had enough. I now order by the glass but at home I don't even open the bottle. On a recent visit to the GP, I was advised I should drink more alcohol for my health. I haven't had a drink since that visit.

Annie

Comment

Believe it or not we have frequently had wine left to drink the next day in the restaurant. As most of our cruises these days are with Celebrity and therefore with a drinks package we haven’t had to think about that.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Del
        I woudn't want to drink a bottle of left over Prosecco 24 hrs after it's been opened it would be bubble-less.
        JC
        Hi JC

For me the only place Prosecco should be left, is in the bottle unopened.....,..🍾😎🤣

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I do understand the concept of 'don't finish the bottle' - after 2 glasses out of the bottle, I have had enough. I now order by the glass but at home I don't even open the bottle. On a recent visit to the GP, I was advised I should drink more alcohol for my health. I haven't had a drink since that visit.

Annie
          Annie

These days I only drink white wine, gone are the days when I propped up bars downing pints, don’t like spirits.

Over the whole of Christmas Including New Year, I only had 3 glasses of wine, all with meals. Not had a drop since

One of my Christmas presents was 6 bottles of wine, probably will still be drinking them next Christmas.😳😎

Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Hi JC

For me the only place Prosecco should be left, is in the bottle unopened.....,..🍾😎🤣
            Hi Del
            I have to agree with you,,,,,but don't tell er indoors that.
            She always drank white wine until it started disagreeing with her stomach,,,,she finds Prosecco doesn't affect her as much.
            JC
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Del boy and JC, wash your mouths out. Prosecco is the best drink, I love it

I did hear that if you put a teaspoon in an opened bottle it stops it from going flat, but I haven't tried that ..........................Car ol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

I did hear that if you put a teaspoon in an opened bottle it stops it from going flat, but I haven't tried that ..........................Car ol
                Hi Carol
                My wife says the best way to stop it going flat,,is to drik it fast
                JC

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

It’s the dregs from the third bottle, always good in beef bourginon
                  Third bottle John? - lightweight!!

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie

I know what you are all thinking.......only in Scotland!!

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

I know what you are all thinking.......only in Scotland!!

Bill
                      My family did chuckle but we are turning into non-drinkers yet we have cupboards awash with the stuff.

The GP did say I have a healthy attitude to alcohol - none in 4 weeks - similar to Delboy. She then went on to say a glass of wine would be good for my health but I have lost the taste

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post

Hi Del
                        I have to agree with you,,,,,but don't tell er indoors that.
                        She always drank white wine until it started disagreeing with her stomach,,,,she finds Prosecco doesn't affect her as much.
                        JC
                        Hi JC

I don't drink enough for it to affect my stomach. Ever since we visited the Sky Gardens in London with our daughter, both my wife and daughter now have a liking for Belvedere Vodka, which they sell on board P&O ships.
                        One of our daughters company salesman, brought her back a 70%+ proof bottle of Vodka not shop bought 😳 cannot remember in which country he obtained it.

Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Hi JC

I don't drink enough for it to affect my stomach. Ever since we visited the Sky Gardens in London with our daughter, both my wife and daughter now have a liking for Belvedere Vodka, which they sell on board P&O ships.
                          One of our daughters company salesman, brought her back a 70%+ proof bottle of Vodka not shop bought 😳 cannot remember in which country he obtained it.
                          Very good vodka - only drink it when on cruising.

Annie

Comment

Hi JC

Hi Del.
                            I like Grey Goose better,,,Grey Goose Is the vodka used in the Martini Bar on Celebrity.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                              Believe it or not we have frequently had wine left to drink the next day in the restaurant. As most of our cruises these days are with Celebrity and therefore with a drinks package we haven’t had to think about that.

Take care, Helen
                              Same here, although when we bought wine by the bottle there was never any left at the end of our meal. At home it's usually fizz of some sort, and that can include anything from champagne to lager! We did crack a bottle of Winston Churchill's favourite, Pol Roger, on Brexit night.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

A champagne / sparkling wine bottle stopper is what you need Carol, very effective for keeping the bubbles in, even after 24 hours.

Sold on Amazon (see link) and we’ve also found them left in our cabin with the sparkling Cava the cruiseline provides.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tescoma-T42...812616&sr=8-20

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X