• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I never knew that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I never knew that

Hi Everyone

They say you learn something new every day, and I have only been cruising for 10 years!!

On P&O cruises I knew that if you had wine with your dinner, but didn't finish the bottle they would take it away and bring it back the next day. But I didn't realise you could take it with you after your meal and drink it in another bar.

Do all cruise lines allow you to do that? (Note to self, pay more attention ) .................................................. ....Carol

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
    Hi Everyone

They say you learn something new every day, and I have only been cruising for 10 years!!

On P&O cruises I knew that if you had wine with your dinner, but didn't finish the bottle they would take it away and bring it back the next day. But I didn't realise you could take it with you after your meal and drink it in another bar.

Do all cruise lines allow you to do that? (Note to self, pay more attention ) .................................................. ....Carol
    i have never sailed P&O but I have done that on other lines from MSC to Azamara - in fact I did that on my 1st ocean cruise.

Annie

Comment

Hi Everyone

Yes they do Carol after all you’ve bought the bottle so you can drink it when and where you want.

as they say everyday is a school day. 👩🏻*🎓
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Hi Carol

Can you help me with something, "don't finish the bottle" is not a concept I have ever come across, could you explain more.

Many thanks

John 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Handy if you know the wine list in advance and can get the same cheaper to put in your bags.
          or
          once you have a bottle you can make it bottomless from a wine box.

Don't know of any cruise line that does not allow you to wander round with your drinks once purchased
          I do know of some that prefer you to leave the glasses if they are better ones in the dining room than at the bars.

Comment

Hi Everyone

I didn't know that Carol. I will certainly do that on my next cruise; although come to think of it, we have a drinks package.
            Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
              Hi Carol

Can you help me with something, "don't finish the bottle" is not a concept I have ever come across, could you explain more.

Many thanks

John 🤣🤣🤣
              It's a concept we never knew existed in days gone by, but these days, we do, especially as I won't drink red any more. I really am becoming such a cheap date. Sort of!

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                Handy if you know the wine list in advance and can get the same cheaper to put in your bags.
                or
                once you have a bottle you can make it bottomless from a wine box.

Don't know of any cruise line that does not allow you to wander round with your drinks once purchased
                I do know of some that prefer you to leave the glasses if they are better ones in the dining room than at the bars.
                Hi TD
                My wife drinks Prosecco,,on P&O I buy a 6 bottle package for £120.
                She orders a bottle at dinner,has a glass then takes the bottle to the show lounge after dinner,the bar staff often puts the bottle in an ice bucket for her.

The P&O Prosecco is called 'Conti',,normal price in Asdaor /Morrison is £10,often on sale for £7,,she always takes x2 bottles for in the cabin....I suppose she could try to smuggle half a dozen bottles on board and drink them in the public areas,,,P&O couldn't tell the difference.

image.jpeg

Should I try to smuggle some on board or play by the rules?,,ie,one bottle each (ltr).
                JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Have never seen anybody walking around on board with a bottle of wine. But was surprised when I read of people taking unfinished bottles back to their cabin,
                  We have always left ours in the restaurant To be brought back the following night.
                  In hotels on land I have often taken an unfinished glass of wine from the restaurant to the entertainment lounge.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                    Hi Carol

Many thanks

John 🤣🤣🤣
                    On a similar theme, Delia Smith was preparing a meal the ingredients of which included 'left over wine'. To this day I have never found that particular winery.

Bill
                    Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

On a similar theme, Delia Smith was preparing a meal the ingredients of which included 'left over wine'. To this day I have never found that particular winery.

Bill
                      It’s the dregs from the third bottle, always good in beef bourginon

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Have never seen anybody walking around on board with a bottle of wine. But was surprised when I read of people taking unfinished bottles back to their cabin,
                        We have always left ours in the restaurant To be brought back the following night.
                        In hotels on land I have often taken an unfinished glass of wine from the restaurant to the entertainment lounge.
                        Hi Del
                        I woudn't want to drink a bottle of left over Prosecco 24 hrs after it's been opened it would be bubble-less.
                        JC

Comment

I am well aware of the rule, but have never needed to use it, although I regularly fill my glass to the brim with what's left in the bottle, and carry it to the next venue, so no difference really...........Wilba
                          Wilba

Comment

On RCI when they give vouchers for happy hour have been known to take glasses into the dining room just before happy hour ends.
                            ​​​​Good bar tenders will empty a bottle into 3 glasses.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi Carol
                              They will only put your cabin number on an unfinished bottle to be brought back next night if you ask them.
                              Tell them you want to take it with you they will put the cork back in.
                              At your next venue ask for a wine glass.

I have only done 9 P&O cruises but including myself I have seen plenty do the same.

She does make me carry the bottle though,in case some off the old fashioned P&Oers thinks she's a slush.

JC

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X