• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazed by people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post

Because they are freshly laundered and you still have the correct number in your cabin.... I guess...Carol
    But are people that desperate they want to take a towel??

Comment

I have. more or less, ceased to be ''amazed'' by people.

I spend around eight hours a week volunteering at my local hospice. I was there for five hours today. Family and friends of patients come in and they buy a meal, coffee, tea sweets etc etc. Whilst card payment is becoming more popular, cash is still king and I learnt many, many years ago not to be surprised by those who pocket the loose change [10p and 20p pieces etc] and those who say ''stick it in the bucket [sealed donations].

I never judge [OK, nicking stuff is a ''bit'' OTT] , am rarely amazed and never expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        I have. more or less, ceased to be ''amazed'' by people.

I spend around eight hours a week volunteering at my local hospice. I was there for five hours today. Family and friends of patients come in and they buy a meal, coffee, tea sweets etc etc. Whilst card payment is becoming more popular, cash is still king and I learnt many, many years ago not to be surprised by those who pocket the loose change [10p and 20p pieces etc] and those who say ''stick it in the bucket [sealed donations].

I never judge [OK, nicking stuff is a ''bit'' OTT] , am rarely amazed and never expect.
        I know what you mean Mrs M.

I did voluntary work in a local Sue Ryder charity shop. The majority of people who came in were regulars and nice people but occasionally we would notice someone trying to steal something.
        The manager told us never to challenge them in case we put ourselves at risk.
        Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

I know what you mean Mrs M.

I did voluntary work in a local Sue Ryder charity shop. The majority of people who came in were regulars and nice people but occasionally we would notice someone trying to steal something.
          The manager told us never to challenge them in case we put ourselves at risk.
          My 'nicking' comment alluded to the main content of the thread and no experiences as a volunteer or passenger.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X