• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazed by people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It disgusts me but doesn't surprise me that some people take towels or anything else they can thieve from the room. I cannot imagine ever being so needy as to have to steal a towel from a cruise or hotel. I have taken unused toiletries as mementoes only if they are little used. That's about it.

Comment

I must admit to taking a few coat hangers, some crockery, a hairdryer, a kettle, a pillow, cutlery, a shower curtain, a shower hose and
      a painting+frame off the cabin wall.

I must also admit to pulling your leg!
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

From a cruise, I've taken toiletries, and pens, but I must admit most of my pint glasses have come from a pub or two over the years ................................................Ca rol

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post

We took home the bag, there was a "With Complements" card on top of it when we first arrived (we were in a concierge cabin)

When we got our credit card statement a few weeks after disembarking, Celebrity had taken an additional £30 from our account for the bag.

Turns out we took the "fabric" bag NOT the "hessian" bag we should have taken, the steward had accidentally swapped the bags.
          Oops! I should have specified the bag made of the “el cheapo” material. We’ve been given one of the nicer tote bags by the ladies in future cruise sales, but those lightweight Celebrity bags have gone on holiday with us elsewhere and are also good for storing my handbags in to,keep,them dust free.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
            You should only take the towels if you are using them to wrap the TV in.
            Will a towel be big enough for the latest cabin flat screen tv’s. Better get a bigger suitcase.

Comment

I've left hundreds of wire coat hangers on ships over the years, does that make up for taking the tea spoons?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                Will a towel be big enough for the latest cabin flat screen tv’s. Better get a bigger suitcase.
                The challenges of SOTON cruisers - I feel for you.

Annie

Comment

Only toiletries from cruise ships. On Our Virgin flights the salt and pepper came in tiny plastic cartoon aircraft on the bottom of which was embossed " Pinched from Virgin Atlantic". Our coffee was served in very nice china cups. I asked the stewardess if they were for sale and she brought me two new ones free of charge.

Comment

We definitely were given a small umbrella on a Celebrity cruise, I think we were in Aqua class. I take home half used toiletries expecting that otherwise they will be binned but am very careful to not start opening bottles just before the end of a cruise.

My conscience wouldn't allow me to deliberately steal from anyone, although pens with advertising are fair game...Carol

Comment

We took home the bag, there was a "With Complements" card on top of it when we first arrived (we were in a concierge cabin)

When we got our credit card statement a few weeks after disembarking, Celebrity had taken an additional £30 from our account for the bag.

Turns out we took the "fabric" bag NOT the "hessian" bag we should have taken, the steward had accidentally swapped the bags.
                      Crumbs even the better quality bags aren't worth that surely.
                      Celebrity used to give lovely navy fabric bags which were nicely lined & with a loose zipped type of purse that fastened to the inside of the bag, really useful & they were not emblazened with a big Celebrity logo, just a simple little leather tag with Celebrity on it. Azamara bags were similar. Not sure whether it was a concierge cabin. Celebrity bags are poor quality now. Wouldn't bother taking one home.

Never stolen any towels or taken anything that's not an obvious freebie.

Comment

🙋 I bought a Royal Caribbean big pool towel home once by accident. It has been swept up into the dirty washing suitcase by one of us.
                        I spent weeks waiting for a $25 charge to appear on my credit card but it didn’t thankfully.
                        Past cruises:
                        Carnival Conquest October 2002
                        Independence of the Seas October 2012
                        Independence of the Seas May 2014
                        Explorer of the Seas June 2015
                        Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

I've left hundreds of wire coat hangers on ships over the years, does that make up for taking the tea spoons?
                          Oh, its you then. Could you please make sure you straighten them all up before you leave in future. I really don’t like using bent ones for my neatly pressed shirts.

Comment

Is it any wonder that the price of cruising keeps increasing. All these stolen items have to be replaced.

Comment

I love a nice pen and have always taken them from cabins and hotel rooms. However the coupe of FO cruises I have been on they have replaced pens with pencils, And blunt ones at that!
                              However I now but the pens as they are lovely to write with,nice flow of ink dont you know? I have a Princess waffle robe which was complimentary and a celebrity one also. No towels though. Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                                I love a nice pen and have always taken them from cabins and hotel rooms. However the coupe of FO cruises I have been on they have replaced pens with pencils, . . . . . Jan.
                                Ditto Cunard.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X